Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

Dear Eric and Swtor Team,

I am a subscriber just like many other people and it really sucks to see that when there is codes given out because of the hours of downtime that only a few people get the codes and for the rest is a disappointment that the codes do not work because you say they are all handed out or are removed it is like you are playing favorites and want to give other players the feeling of not getting anything and to only make a select few happy.

I believe that when you have a downtime of hours and you give out compensation for this then give this to every player through mail do not start to discriminate and I recommend do not use those codes anymore everyone should be compensated and not only a select few or when you do hand out codes make sure everyone has enough time at least 12 hours to claim them.

I find that Swtor is doing very bad with compensating for their problems and downtime there is other games out there who do care about their players and actually give out rewards through the in game mail when they have a downtime or problems they caused everyone is included and not only a select few.

You guys want to earn money and we like to receive gifts when we suffer hours of not being able to play the game support work both ways.

Each subscriber is like an investor in your game we pay so you can keep the servers running and pay your staff.

As subscriber I had many bugs caused by the game and missed out of rewards because of this even stuff that cost me more than an hour of game play I usually get this standard email of a simple sorry when I make a ticket but never got any compensation and every time there is codes handed out I have missed out on it because you only give it to the first 15 people or less

This is all very disappointing and it makes me really wonder if I should remain a subscriber or just stop playing the game it really sucks to see some players get rewards and stuff from the Devs and that me and many other people get nothing.

Each time a new update comes out I really do wonder what will they break now and for how long will the game be unplayable.

Stop discriminating and threat all your players equally give things to all or give nothing.

you know it will be the latter right?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have redeemed a few dollars simply by referring to the laws that governs sales in my country. No sues needed, the lawyers of MMO's understood the cost of denial.

Rather you read up up on consumer laws across the globe pal :)

Nice story bro, still waiting for the links to examples I can actually check. Nothing personal, but it's the internet, I have no reason to believe such claims.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

That possible fix we were building is getting closer for us to begin testing. We are probably around 45-60 minutes away from that. As soon as I get information around that fix and our testing, I will let you know.

-eric

Actually it wouldn't be more fun to keep CXP as is or to always have double CXP event because they would probably have to decrease the droprate or whatever you call it in SWTOR. It's fun as a rare event but not as a regular one. Personally I would not find it as much fun if the game was made too easy. Challenge is good. All games have the mindless click farming element but I think SWTOR does its best to make it more fun. I think it's just human nature for players to whine and complain. Yes I do it myself from time to time. For example I've been trying all year to get one piece of gear and still haven't gotten it. Frustrating to the point where I felt like whining about it but in the end did not. Since i'm here, wish someone can explain why I can never seem to get the wrist gear.. in this case it would be called T4 armguards.

As for the downtime, It's not been all bad, actually got some rest for once. I spend much time on SWTOR since I'm a middle-aged disabled lady who can't walk in a country far far from home so Star Wars allows me to fly and travel to places that otherwise never would be able to. Love meeting all the people along the way too even if I pretty much stay to myself. The codes don't work for me but then again never been able to get a code to work other than the digital expansion pack and I think I paid for that one! :) Just give me my one piece of gear for the wrist MK-5 armguard and that will replace any code that I've never been able to use lol. :) Of course I know that's not happening haha. :)

Edited by Savyl

Also, Terry the Testing Squirrel is normally a reddish-brown color, but every so often he glitches and also becomes a hologram. Once in a while he melts into a steaming pile of goo. :)

I think I had a graphics card made of one of those once o.0"

Srsly, I'm certain the intention was not to pour salt on wounds. I strongly suspect they are too busy working on resolving the issue to sit around and read rageposts while laughing and eating cookies. Eric is stuck in the middle trying to appease relentlessly fickle players who spend way too much of their lives sh**posting and complaining.

Take this time to do such things as:

• Watch Youtube videos for tips on proper beard grooming techniques (this goes for some of you ladies out there as well)
  • Clean your mom's basement! She lets you live in it, so clean those Cheetos!
  • Watch Youtube videos on how to wash whites. Tidy Whities are alrighty!
  • Watch Youtube videos to learn the best way to punch your keyboard and monitor repeatedly!
  • Get a girlfriend or boyfriend! If you have one and still feel rage? Find some private time to let go of some steam.
  • Go for a walk! Did you know that somewhere outside, rumor has it that there is actually AIR! And REAL TREES! And REAL aminals that won't get aggroed by you!
  • Learn to cook something beyond ramen! Your future spousal unit will love you for it!
  • Make REAL friends, IRL! For some of us, it's a challenge. If it's a new experience to you, might I suggest searching on the Googles or Youtube?

Invest your time wisely, and healthily. It's just a game (but still my favorite - because STAR WARS!)

Remember, dying of stress early costs you XP/CP, and CC. ;)

They are not rage post, but posts of passion filled with criticism, not our fault your reading comprehension is akin to that of blind cave fish. We're not fickle players, we have been with this disaster ride for years. Maybe it's time to actually speak up and not be a kiss *** like yourself.

Here is a list for you:

New years resolutions

Become less stupid

Repeat x100

LOTRO have also compensated ALL players in the past! and that's f2p friendly too!

LOTRO gave me a useless reusable food item that regenerated like 60 Moral and 30 power when out of fight for missing like 1 month in game because they messed up the Character log in. *slowclap*

Hey folks,

That possible fix we were building is getting closer for us to begin testing. We are probably around 45-60 minutes away from that. As soon as I get information around that fix and our testing, I will let you know.

-eric

As long as you don't say 3 minutes.

Hey folks,

-eric

Well, I'll see it tomorrow. Something about having to sleep before going to work again in the morning.

Thanks again for the updates.

As for the people that are asking for compensation. You are upset about 50 cents in American dollars. Even less in Euros. Is two quarters worth throwing in the towel? For you to ask or threaten to cancel if they do not give you more than this value in your form of currency is outrageous.

The money is not the point. It is the frustration. In a lawsuit you will always receive more for pain and suffering and mental anguish than the monetary value of the actual medical bills. And THAT is what wanting compensation is all about. The anger, the frustration, the humiliation at being offered nothing by way of compensation, and the absurd slap in the face of the handful of single use codes thrown out as a bone have had a cumulative effect. This is what we are demanding compensation for. The cost of the day of subscription time? Nothing. My frustration and anger at the what has transpired here, at least to me, are quite valuable, and I would like something, by way of apology.

They are not rage post, but posts of passion filled with criticism, not our fault your reading comprehension is akin to that of blind cave fish. We're not fickle players, we have been with this disaster ride for years. Maybe it's time to actually speak up and not be a kiss *** like yourself.

Here is a list for you:

New years resolutions

Become less stupid

Repeat x100

What is the difference between a blind cave fish and just a blind fish?

its actually a little more complimentary than an alternative, which is hes too stupid to realise that when you have angry, mostly irrational players lurking on forums that giving stuff to a tiny percentage of people will enrage the others.

This isnt a chill out stream or a count down to a launch of a great expansion where such codes would be a nice little side effect, its a fustercluck and as a result the idiotic one time use codes are just antagonizing people.

Half-empty, half-full.

He misjudged, yup. No doubt there but to assert that it was done for sadistical enjoyment is a bit much. I highly doubt that.

Didn't antagonise me at all. I saw it for what it was and realise that actual compensation is something that will be forthcoming once they get the mess cleaned up. But, I wouldn't've done it because I know how *****ly angry people can be.

Let your anger for not getting the code fast enough flow through you. :csw_vader:

to be fair, i tried and failed to get a code. but it's impossible to rage-quit/log-out when I'm not even logged in! I will just try to meditate whilst sleeping. Anyway, i know what's happened, the Umbara train's been cancelled due to "unforeseen cicumstances". It'll be up and running tomorrow... I hope. *Foolish naive jedi!*

If a roll back of servers AND client to 5.4 is necessary as a temporary fix, then I suggest you:

1) identify all files in the Client-side 5.4a patch

2) Recompile the 5.4 versions of these files with a new version id (for 5.4b)

3) Force those files as a 5.4b update/patch to all clients.

Thus, faking a new patch but actually faking a roll back. You may have already thought of this, but if not, just giving advice.

Dear Eric and Swtor Team,

I am a subscriber just like many other people and it really sucks to see that when there is codes given out because of the hours of downtime that only a few people get the codes and for the rest is a disappointment that the codes do not work because you say they are all handed out or are removed it is like you are playing favorites and want to give other players the feeling of not getting anything and to only make a select few happy.

I believe that when you have a downtime of hours and you give out compensation for this then give this to every player through mail do not start to discriminate and I recommend do not use those codes anymore everyone should be compensated and not only a select few or when you do hand out codes make sure everyone has enough time at least 12 hours to claim them.

I find that Swtor is doing very bad with compensating for their problems and downtime there is other games out there who do care about their players and actually give out rewards through the in game mail when they have a downtime or problems they caused everyone is included and not only a select few.

You guys want to earn money and we like to receive gifts when we suffer hours of not being able to play the game support work both ways.

Each subscriber is like an investor in your game we pay so you can keep the servers running and pay your staff.

As subscriber I had many bugs caused by the game and missed out of rewards because of this even stuff that cost me more than an hour of game play I usually get this standard email of a simple sorry when I make a ticket but never got any compensation and every time there is codes handed out I have missed out on it because you only give it to the first 15 people or less

This is all very disappointing and it makes me really wonder if I should remain a subscriber or just stop playing the game it really sucks to see some players get rewards and stuff from the Devs and that me and many other people get nothing.

Each time a new update comes out I really do wonder what will they break now and for how long will the game be unplayable.

Stop discriminating and threat all your players equally give things to all or give nothing.

Those codes were meant to be fun not compensation. It is something they have done since the beginning when there is a long down time. It has nothing to do with compensation. It has to do with having a little fun.

I have been here since the beginning and have yet to get a code but I have never thrown a fit like people did today because I took it as what it was, fun, not compensation.

Compensation for what a few hours? lets see that then:

Monthly Charge $16.04 /31 (august 31 days) comes out to about .52 a day.

.52 a day/24 hours comes out about .03 cents per hour.