Rise of the Hutt Cartel/Class Storyline

LordArchon

I'm sure the developers will say what they want when they want. I'm just hoping maybe one will throw me a bone here. Will the expansion just have a mission chain for the planet? Or will there be another chapter for each class storyline as well? If not please tell me that's at least in the works. I would love to see what's next for some of my characters.

According to what's been said, there's going to be faction specific stories (suggesting class stories) as well as planet stories and heroics for Makeb and the 5 new levels we'll be getting

As we saw with the convo's for HK-51 (and his unique reactions to each class and species - check 'em out on YouTube, really a blast. Over 16/17 minutes of convo for the Republic classes and 16/18 minutes of convo for the Imperials, depending) they still have the voice actors and the writing skill to do these kinds of missions. I think we'll be getting a full set of post-Illum class stories

Ater all... it IS called Chapter 4. And if the chapter is the same for every single class, then it isn't REALLY a new chapter - is it?

Edited by GratuaCuun

According to what's been said, there's going to be faction specific stories (suggesting class stories) as well as planet stories and heroics for Makeb and the 5 new levels we'll be getting

As we saw with the convo's for HK-51 (and his unique reactions to each class and species - check 'em out on YouTube, really a blast. Over 16/17 minutes of convo for the Republic classes and 16/18 minutes of convo for the Imperials, depending) they still have the voice actors and the writing skill to do these kinds of missions. I think we'll be getting a full set of post-Illum class stories

Ater all... it IS called Chapter 4. And if the chapter is the same for every single class, then it isn't REALLY a new chapter - is it?

Not really, faction stories just suggests separate story lines for Imperial and Republic on the planet not one for each class, also:

Story content in the new expansion | 12.18.2012, 09:14 PM

Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

We hope this helps clarify!

That's in the dev tracker.

Edited by WooliestWorm

• 3 weeks later...
Well I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but if they don't expand on class specific stories in the near future my faith in this wounded game is gonna get a lot smaller. One of the main selling points that caught story driven players like me was the personal story arcs. Sure the faction arcs per planet were entertaining sometimes, but who here when they had a choice between doing something that had to do with your characters personal story or run around on the planet running errands for people that you never remember again, choose the later? Even if it is just as long as one planet class missions were the only thing keeping me from just pvping/running flash points to reach 50. In the end I love the game, and am happy to hear about an expansion keep it up devs. Edited by LordArchon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The HK-51 content was in beta, so I'm thinking there was nothing new there. Also, I don't think there will ever be class-story missions ever again because it would cost them too much money. Sadly, I believe that the class-specific storylines are over and done with.

I disagree about the cost being too much. When creating this game, they needed enough dialouge to fill 15 or so planets. Any full expansion would be 2-3 planets and require much less dialogue, even if it is for unique 8 classes and 16 main character voice actors

I disagree about the cost being too much. When creating this game, they needed enough dialouge to fill 15 or so planets. Any full expansion would be 2-3 planets and require much less dialogue, even if it is for unique 8 classes and 16 main character voice actors

Well I did hear somewhere that they had voice work done far in advance, enough to last them a few years. I don't know the details. It is only a rumor as far as I know, and hell, I may have read about it in this very thread for all I remember, lol.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys but it's just not practical to make new class storylines and tbh, it's not necessarily needed. I'm half way through makeb on imp and I'm loving the planet and class storyline. It's still quite engrossing and, those who have done it already will probably agree with me that, the mini boss fight in the warehouse is one of the better bosses in the whole game. Swtor has to remain profitable and if we all had extra class stories they'd only be an hour long and expansion would probably cost £60 or more.

The cost would be high as would need separate dialogues, animations, boss fights, buildings etc.

Edited by thomasbaxter