*** Is up with our CC?

Derity

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me...

I have instant Whirlwind, Spike and Electrocute.

I have NEVER been able to land all 3 against an opponent. I spike them, and then it seems like if I use Electrocute or Whirlwind, they just don't work?

It's like it doesn't even say resist.

Does EVERY class in the game have an ability that lets them be immune to stun effect for like 10 seconds or something? What am I missing here? Is it impossible to stunlock in SWTOR?

I've tried this on atleast 50 people with no luck..

Edited by Derity

It really depends on the order you use it in.

For deception

Spike, low slash, then electrocute can all be used for close to a 10 second stun lock (if not broken early). This obviously only works on a player that has 0 resolve when you spike and you're the only person who CC's them.

EDIT: duuuurrrr

Edited by Vanidius

This. is. the. most. fail. topic. ever.

I. never. want. to. pvp. on. the. same. teams. as. you. no. offense.

But now seriously, first of all you shoudn't be trying to do that because it's very much like getting someone stuck on a fight console game...It's not nice and it means you don't know how to play.

Second, ask our blessed lord Google the following "SWTOR - How does Resolve work" and our blessed lord shall answer thou.

Wow just read up Resolve, the bar fills up with 2 CC's.

So it is actually pointless to have a spec with 3 CC's.... sigh

Or, or here's a revolutionary idea...Get ready because it's really mind blowing.

What you can try is this, you can use a stun on one player (Whirl prefered) and then you can use another stun on another player (this is a 2vs1 scenario) and while you kill player A, player B will be useless for 10 secs, when player B comes out of stun you stun him again and by then player A should be dead and then you can have a 1vs1 shot against player B. Now what do learn from that? We learn that on a WZ you'll most likely face 2vs1, 3vs1 scenarios on which you gotta adapt and quickly CC enemies around and finish off what you can (or run from what you can).

PS : Don't know what spec you are but Deception has 5 CC's : Mind trap, Spike, low slash, electrocute and whirlwind. #justsayin

Edited by Mrdiguinn

Wow just read up Resolve, the bar fills up with 2 CC's.

So it is actually pointless to have a spec with 3 CC's.... sigh

Yes, assuming you fight one person at a time and the cooldowns on your CC abilities are all lower than the time it takes for Resolve to degrade. Seeing as neither of those things is true, L2P.

Does EVERY class in the game have an ability that lets them be immune to stun effect for like 10 seconds or something? What am I missing here? Is it impossible to stunlock in SWTOR?

I've tried this on atleast 50 people with no luck..

In all honestly, I hope you're kidding.

You know, resolve is a funny thing.

Im chasing a ball carrier, who has been stunned once or twice(i know this as ive been following them), and i try to force pull them away from the goal line, and its resisted.

Im running the ball, and as I get to the goal line, i get stunned 3 times, back to back to back. I **** you not, 3 times. I was litterally right past the last flame trap, used force shroud and had deflection up, at full health, and i was chain stunned 3 times ina row, and died a foot away. It seems to have zero consistancy on when it kicks in. This is not a one time thing either, i get chain stunned down by the goal often. Im not sure if the CC abilities effect resolve different than actual stuns or what, but that seems to be how they get me. Sleep dart type move, then i break it, then chain stuned to death.

2 stuns should be the absolute tops, and force pull should not be included, if snares arent.(which at least on me, dont seem to be)

Edited by Saberolson