Why am I getting 2-3 tanks or 2-3 healers and 1 dps? Group finder

"Why am I getting 2-3 tanks or 2-3 healers and 1 dps? Group finder"

Because the DPS players got tired of carrying the tanks and healers through flashpoints. :D

I jest. Vet mode queues for flashpoints don't try to form groups using the trinity (1T/1H/2D) and will just pull anyone from the queue. Master mode does, but Vet mode doesn't take player class and role into consideration. This is why it's possible to have a Vet mod GF team of four DPS.

Generally, in most Vet mode FPs a trinity formation isn't needed, but not having a tank or healer can pose a problem in some FPs.

Edited by ceryxp

On veteran difficulty there is no need. Enemies are not damage sponges and 4xDPS can deal with them.

Sometimes it will lead to few deaths on way to the finish, sometimes just to faster clear.

With 3xDPS1xHealer it it also works since i doesn't take full tank to survive.

Its Blizard's MMORPG World of Warcraft which artificially forces tank and healer to be mandatory part of the team.

More damage is also way to victory. Especially against lesser challenges.

I personaly love this approach instead of copy-paste.

2 or 3 tanks/healers are good if they are competent. Even if one of them is low level, it's not too bad because usually the low level one will stick to dps and basically tag along. Doesn't really matter in Vet mode as long as everyone is semi-competent. To be honest, I'll take 3 good tanks/healers over 3 lousy DPS anytime. Less chance to wipe.

• 1 month later...
You can see the role when you get an invite.

You can decline if you have 3 tanks.

I mostly do this when I´m healer and there is a 2nd heal.

group finder will often bug and display sentinels and commandos as tanks, and i have been marked as dps when im actually tanking.

it resolves when you enter the instance

You can see the role when you get an invite.

You can decline if you have 3 tanks.

I mostly do this when I´m healer and there is a 2nd heal.

I just dps on healers in vets anyway... Or spec dps during lvling since it's too bothersome otherwise.

It also depends on the people but generally lots of healers and/or low lvl tanks is a major PITA.

group finder will often bug and display sentinels and commandos as tanks, and i have been marked as dps when im actually tanking.

it resolves when you enter the instance

Is it with dual roles set? Those are always messed up :/

Speaking of roles, I dunno why when we queue as duo premade for FPs, I get marked as a tank (correctly) but the other person gets incorrectly marked as a heal UNLESS they're the lead, both with single and dual roles set. That's very annoying.