RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

That's true, the chances of that happening are pretty slim. But perhaps they make transfers from ToFN to The Progenitor in time? But that is also wishful thinking and without any official response, we're left to speculate for eternity. -_-'

Like everyone with a problem with the current transfers, you aren't that special.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to state (if that means anything..) - I will not use the current transfer. RP server naming rules, as well as the fact, that some of my character names are taken are too important for me. The disgust being 1 of the total 3 players on the fleet will make me rather quit the game, than move to current free transfer choice.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I investigated the target server, as well as name availability. I think some of the people who transfered, will feel disgusted too after some time. It's just, that RP or RP-PVP servers have different mentality. There are not enough warning on the way too. I'm pretty sure, that some of the people transfered with a thought, that they will retain their names (a point about this in a FAQ after 3 clicks is not enough to realize it).

Edited by Man-Kar

Just to state (if that means anything..) - I will not use the current transfer. RP server naming rules, as well as the fact, that some of my character names are taken are too important for me. The disgust being 1 of the total 3 players on the fleet will make me rather quit the game, than move to current free transfer choice.

There never were or will be any RP naming policies, not even on RP servers.

Thank you for pointing that out, truly constructive, since I obviously did claim to be special and unique. :rolleyes:

When you ask for another update when they just started transfers to ToFN yesterday and they are still not at work ?

You're obviously not special if they have to make an update now on your problems when they still haven't answered some other problems since they started the transfers the 12th.

When you ask for another update when they just started transfers to ToFN yesterday and they are still not at work ?

You're obviously not special if they have to make an update now on your problems when they still haven't answered some other problems since they started the transfers the 12th.

We've been patient long enough, thankyouverymuch.

The point is that this isn't a problem that started yesterday; it started 12 days ago when we were told we weren't being included at all in the transfer process (read the OP, why don't ya?). And their "solution", just presented yesterday, without fanfare or explanation, isn't acceptable. And we're going to continue to ask for updates and push and QQ and scream at the top of our lungs until a real solution is presented, day or night, weekday or weekend, GMT or CDT.

There never were or will be any RP naming policies, not even on RP servers.

Indeed, but RP servers usually have more name-decent crowd, as well as people who actually report completely inappropriate names (according to the naming rules) more frequently ;) Indeed, I used wrong expression

Most ignorant thing you will hear today. Guaranteed.

Oh, so you deserve an update now because you are special ?

Some people have problems with the choice BW made, because of names/legacy names, server destination, having to delete characters or stop playing some, lag, respawn time, ... you aren't special.

We've been patient long enough, thankyouverymuch.

The point is that this isn't a problem that started yesterday; it started 12 days ago when we were told we weren't being included at all in the transfer process (read the OP, why don't ya?). And their "solution", just presented yesterday, without fanfare or explanation, isn't acceptable. And we're going to continue to ask for updates and push and QQ and scream at the top of our lungs until a real solution is presented, day or night, weekday or weekend, GMT or CDT.

You have made it clear earlier that they already missed the boat and that another destination now would still lead to complain.

I'm sorry but if you think they will complete change their way and give you what you want you are in for a hard wake up.

That's all they have decided for now, some of you aren't happy, ok I understand that but again calling for an update when they haven't new things to say doesn't help you.

Only because you can't hear anything from Bioware*, especially not today.

I'll put a fiver on that. I ought to just slink off to the pub!

(Though I imagine some might argue I might as well be with my productivity today. *coughs*)

The fact that you want an update doesn't induce they will create an answer right now that will be satisfactory to everyone.

They can't please everyone, I, like some others people, can't really play anymore some of their characters because of the transfers. Maybe they wont say anythin more, maybe there will be an update and tell us they can't do anything, maybe they will do something...

The thing is they started transfers for LC yesterday, they aren't at work right now, they will need at least a meeting to have an update and the people involved must have time for it, it's Friday, they will need some time to inform the community team.

Or maybe, they will think they have done enough already and that you, like me, will have to wait for the paid transfers to go where you want.

They should have thought of that when they first mentioned the transfer from Lord Calypho to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd. It would worry me if they didn't even think of this beforehand, if this is somehow an afterthought.

Those of us who do not want to move to a pvp server are now left alone on Lord Calypho. We're a minority, but we still pay for this game. I'm swimming in a sea of uncertainty and anxiety. If I stay on Lord Calypho, will I get stuck on a dead server with my best characters? Or will I have to pay in order to move to the server I want in the future?

That would hardly seem fair. Then we're left with the short straw and having to pay for it. No, Bioware should've put more thought into this and told us whether future transfers would be available or not. This is either extremely poor communication on their part, or it's not thought through in the slightest. I'm praying for the former, as bad as it may sound.

Edited by Majspuffen

I AM special, I DEMAND exceptional and preferential treatment!

I distinctly remember saying this.

Back to reality for a nanosecond, this thread is supposed to voice the concerns of LC players. Rubbishing those concerns in a "you have an option just get on with it" fashion does you no favours, nor does championing BWs efforts.

Some good trolling though. 9/10.

They should have thought of that when they first mentioned the transfer from Lord Calypho to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd. It would worry me if they didn't even think of this beforehand, if this is somehow an afterthought.

Those of us who do not want to move to a pvp server are now left alone on Lord Calypho. We're a minority, but we still pay for this game. I'm swimming in a sea of uncertainty and anxiety. If I stay on Lord Calypho, will I get stuck on a dead server with my best characters? Or will I have to pay in order to move to the server I want in the future?

That would hardly seem fair. Then we're left with the short straw and having to pay for it. No, Bioware should've put more thought into this and told us whether future transfers would be available or not. This is either extremely poor communication on their part, or it's not thought through in the slightest. I'm praying for the former, as bad as it may sound.

I'm pretty sure they thought about it and decided to make happy a part of your community (probably the largest).

From your point of view, it's not fair. From EA or BW as a company, fairness isn't taken into account. Each time they make a decision they are prioritizing some customers over others. When they choose to work on something, they work less on the others.

They obviously wanted to make some money from the paid transfers, the more special cases they handle through free transfers they less they will make.

I'm not defending BW, I would like them to do the right thing for you and for everyone that have a problem with the transfers for whatever the reason (names, server destination, respawn time, lag, ...) but the reality is some suit guys at EA or BW doesn't really care about your or my problem and if they can make most of the people happy, it's better for them than spending more time handling all the different special situations.

Edited by Nyla

I will sub again if they open up transfers from Lord Calypho to The Progenitor.

Over time BioWare has to deliver and make good decisions because right now I have little to no faith in them as a company or as a proper RP gaming developer due to many rasons but this just is far beyond what i imagined from awell respected company named BioWare - so, still have faith in BioWare but they have to act and communicate on a decent level from now on.

I'll be sticking (it is Star Wars) with LC on and off, depening if there will be any people there- the GTN will die as will the WZ q.

- one solution ingame is to create a global chat channel for Flashpoints and the like to keep in touch on both sides to organize the few that remains- is that viable?

I have no, NO interest in starting a legacy and 8 characters over again - that is not acceptable.

So, BioWare do the right thing and make it happen and while you are at it.. open up transfers from TOFN to The Progenitor for Lord Calypho origin players who clearly made the wrong decision, felt forced due to their guilds and friends leaving for TOFN.

1. This is not an update, this is same old PR song.

2. Examining this unique situation? Stop pretending it's any complicated and treating us like idiots.

3. Various possible scenarios? Give us transfers. The world will not end.

4. We are not any good with resting assured and patience but do you expect anything else, really?

Can't Agree more...

But really we need the "free transfer" to this server, so that we can uphold RP, and yet still enjoy pvp and all its goodies.

Because if we are going to transfer into a PvP only server, then there will be no RP'ing in puplic areas, due to pvp'ers *********** all kind of RP'ing up :(

I'm not defending BW, I would like them to do the right thing for you and for everyone that have a problem with the transfers for whatever the reason (names, server destination, respawn time, lag, ...) but the reality is some suit guys at EA or BW doesn't really care about your or my problem and if they can make most of the people happy, it's better for them than spending more time handling all the different special situations.

But that's the point.

I worked a long time as a policy-maker for a large retailer in the US. When we focused on individuals, accepted that customers were unique, as were their problems, we excelled. We made extensive use of creative problem-solving, empowered our employees to do what was best for each customer, and realized that policies were guidelines, and not something that was set in stone and unmalleable. And our stock split 3 times in 4 years. We spent more on customer service, but we made it back twenty-fold in customer loyalty. It's only in the last few years, when they'd gotten away from that focus, that they began to struggle as a company (and are soon to be shuttering their doors).

For something like an MMO, customer service is an even bigger priority, since customers continue to pay. The service they receive is paramount to their decision to remain subscribers. As long as Bioware continues to adopt this "one solution fits all" mentality, and continues to prioritize one group in the game over any other, they will bleed subs until there's only a handful left playing, which isn't commercially viable. They need to break that habit now, before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Tell the stiffs at EA to shove it, and take care of your player-base. All of them. Otherwise, this game is doomed to a slow death (the throes of which have already long begun).

But that's the point.

I worked a long time as a policy-maker for a large retailer in the US. When we focused on individuals, accepted that customers were unique, as were their problems, we excelled. We made extensive use of creative problem-solving, empowered our employees to do what was best for each customer, and realized that policies were guidelines, and not something that was set in stone and unmalleable. And our stock split 3 times in 4 years. We spent more on customer service, but we made it back twenty-fold in customer loyalty. It's only in the last few years, when they'd gotten away from that focus, that they began to struggle as a company (and are soon to be shuttering their doors).

For something like an MMO, customer service is an even bigger priority, since customers continue to pay. The service they receive is paramount to their decision to remain subscribers. As long as Bioware continues to adopt this "one solution fits all" mentality, and continues to prioritize one group in the game over any other, they will bleed subs until there's only a handful left playing, which isn't commercially viable. They need to break that habit now, before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Tell the stiffs at EA to shove it, and take care of your player-base. All of them. Otherwise, this game is doomed to a slow death (the throes of which have already long begun).

I completely agree with you, maybe I'm just pessimistic about EA and BW while you still have some hope.

Tbh, TOR will probably be the last BW game I will ever buy, I bought all their games in the last 14 years and I haven't bought ME3. BW and EA are now in a trend of mass marketing their games with a short term goal of maximizing quick profits, that's all they really care, at least at the upper levels.

I'm 100% sure that if thoses suit guys had let the devs do their thing how they wanted to at start, we would have a better game with more people still playing. They asked them to change TOR's original design to appeal to everyone (again for quick profits on the box sales and first subs) instead of making a good game.

The problem is I don't think thoses peoples get the messages from us when we make big threads, only after a while, when we hit at the pocket.

We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.

You have 0 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

You really like to go to the limit, don't you? Really wonder what took you so long. Anyways, one account resubbed thanks to your just in time decision.

Oh the second account? Well, let's see...

1. Transfer everyone to a PvP server of same language - Check!
  2. Close the RP-PvP servers
  3. Wait for the mega-servers balancing out
  4. Open up a new international EU RP-PvP server called "Corosian Phoenix"
  5. Allow free transfers from all remaining servers
  6. Allow free name change of characters and legacy
  7. Profit

With more green lights on this list, I'll think about it. The name is not negotiable! :p

Right about now somebody from Bioware could at least come with an official statement regarding the future of Lord Calypho, wether it will maintain the way things are now (only allowing transfers towards a pure PvP server), or if they have plans to allow in the near future (as in not more than a couple of weeks) transfers also towards a RP server.

On Lord Calypho I've never experienced long PvP queues (well, 2-3 minutes, but it was acceptable), granted that I've met quite a number of Empire teams, so that mean it wasn't pretty on the Republic side. Yet, after the flood gates have been opened, the queue went straight up to almost 1,5 hours. So that ship sailed, and everything else was quite difficult - flashpoints are close to impossible now. (although cross server PvP would be a solution, I pretty much doubt they will implement it given the fact that they are making gigantic servers -> no need for cross server wz)

Granted there still is RP on Lord Calypho, it is will die out quite fast, given that aside from that, we'd only have just questing and any guild (mainly) related events.

But an answer with Bioware regarding their next moves with Lord Calypho would be more than welcomed.

I'm not in any way considering a transfer to a non-RP server.

Just tell us whether it is possible that we will be allowed to transfer to an RP server. Yes or no.

Its a one word answer Bioware, we're not asking for a long drawn out explanation. But until we get that answer in the yellow text we long to see you are making it impossible for people to make a decision as to how to proceed.

Oh, and I don't mean paid transfers..

Just tell us whether it is possible that we will be allowed to transfer to an RP server. Yes or no.

Its a one word answer Bioware, we're not asking for a long drawn out explanation. But until we get that answer in the yellow text we long to see you are making it impossible for people to make a decision as to how to proceed.

I agree, a YES or a NO - you own us this much, the few who remains on Lord Calypho still hoping there for a proper decision = transfer to The Progenitor.

Couldn't agree more! :mad: