Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidious hands down

The rule of 2 means that the apprentice kills the master, so each generation becomes stronger.

That went on for over 900 years.

It is stated that sidious is the most powerful sith of all time when yoda faces off with him in RoTS

The sith emperor has nothing on him, it just falls down to people being impressed with all the cool stuff that people in kotor1/2 and tor can do. but that is only coz the original movies were made in the 1970s they didnt have the technology to show off force powers back then.

Sidious is considered the most powerful Sith to ever live.

But seing how the Emperor could literally move planets with the Force, suck all life, including all sound and color, from an area and with people going insane from simply looking at him, I'm starting to doubt it.

Sidious was the smartest Sith out there, that's for sure =)

I think the Sith Emperor is probably more powerful in the force, if not in intellect or cunning. As for the above poster who mentions that Palpatine was the only Sith thhe conquer the galaxy, you may be wrong. We don't actually know yet. If you think back to Episode III, there are some lines that make me think otherwise. In the scene where Mace Windu attempts to arrest Palpatine, Windu says something along the lines of "the oppression of the Sith will never return!" Also, Palpatine says to the newly dubbed Darth Vader "ONCE AGAIN, the Sith will rule the galaxy." This obviously suggests that the Sith conquered the entire galaxy at some point previously to Episode III, and there isn't currently any established period in the lore where this has happened. Also, the culture, military and titles/ranks of Palpatine's empire is very similar to the Empire in the Old Republic, suggesting that Palpatine is modeling the Empire after the Empire in the Old Republic. Why would he do that unless he deeply admired it. All of this information combined seems to leave open the possibility, if not outright infers that the Empire will win the war in the Old Republic, and at least temporarily conquer the Republic outright. Truthfully though, it's impossible for anyone to know. We will have to see what happens in the story. Also, I don't recall Palpatine ever draining the life of over 100 Sith Lords simultaneously while completely stripping an entire planet of the force like the Sith Emperor (Vitiate) did on Nathema. Food for thought. The Sith emperor is no joke.

I think the Sith Emperor is probably more powerful in the force, if not in intellect or cunning. As for the above poster who mentions that Palpatine was the only Sith thhe conquer the galaxy, you may be wrong. We don't actually know yet. If you think back to Episode III, there are some lines that make me think otherwise. In the scene where Mace Windu attempts to arrest Palpatine, Windu says something along the lines of "the oppression of the Sith will never return!" Also, Palpatine says to the newly dubbed Darth Vader "ONCE AGAIN, the Sith will rule the galaxy." This obviously suggests that the Sith conquered the entire galaxy at some point previously to Episode III, and there isn't currently any established period in the lore where this has happened. Also, the culture, military and titles/ranks of Palpatine's empire is very similar to the Empire in the Old Republic, suggesting that Palpatine is modeling the Empire after the Empire in the Old Republic. Why would he do that unless he deeply admired it. All of this information combined seems to leave open the possibility, if not outright infers that the Empire will win the war in the Old Republic, and at least temporarily conquer the Republic outright. Truthfully though, it's impossible for anyone to know. We will have to see what happens in the story. Also, I don't recall Palpatine ever draining the life of over 100 Sith Lords simultaneously while completely stripping an entire planet of the force like the Sith Emperor (Vitiate) did on Nathema. Food for thought. The Sith emperor is no joke.

Instead Sidious was draining the life of billions of people at once in order to strengthen himself with their life force. He also had the power to destroy multiple Dark Side users and Jedi at once with a single burst of force lightning. Switch bodies via essence transfer. Mind wipe BILLIONS of people at once. Destroy entire starfleets and potentially planets with wormholes. Warp others to his location. Battle meditation and so much more. He also mastered all but one of the lightsaber styles and was coined to being able to move faster than the eye can see in his younger clone body. Sidious is no joke either.

Let's not forget that Vitiate also needs artifacts to enhance his power to do the things he can do. Sidious doesn't use artifacts. Sidious has nothing amplifying his abilities. It's all him.

Edited by Rhyltran

Sidius was the strongest in the way that he was the smartest and most clever one.

If both had existed at the same time, im certain that sidious would have had a very devious (and long) plot to overthrow the emperor.

Maby he would even have taken over the republic and then recruited siths into fighting the sith who were loyal to the emperor?

who knows, but either way, sidius was the strongest overall.

But the emperor is definately stronger in the use of the force.

One could argue that because of his immortal life span, and because he had already lived for over 1000 years, the Sith Emperor could possibly grow powerfull over all this time and in fact being stronger, all those years would allow practise over the Dark Side in all it's aspects and in fact increasing his potentional to exeptional levels, possibly dwarfing Sidious in 1 vs 1 in force at least.

One could argue that because of his immortal life span, and because he had already lived for over 1000 years, the Sith Emperor could possibly grow powerfull over all this time and in fact being stronger, all those years would allow practise over the Dark Side in all it's aspects and in fact increasing his potentional to exeptional levels, possibly dwarfing Sidious in 1 vs 1 in force at least.

Its kind of like Galbatorix in Eragon. Years of being immortal allows you to slowly amass power to almost godlike ever transsentient levels!

Sidius was the strongest in the way that he was the smartest and most clever one.

If both had existed at the same time, im certain that sidious would have had a very devious (and long) plot to overthrow the emperor.

Maby he would even have taken over the republic and then recruited siths into fighting the sith who were loyal to the emperor?

who knows, but either way, sidius was the strongest overall.

But the emperor is definately stronger in the use of the force.

How so? He uses trinkets to accomplish his feats whereas Sidious was capable of destroying planets with his power alone. How is the Emperor stronger in the forcE?

As for Butchex.

Being immortal doesn't make one stronger. Set Harth managed to live for 400 years but he was never particularly powerful. Quite the contrary. He was very "mediocre." in terms of power.

Don't forget that Sidious was much much more powerful than Yoda who lived to be 900 years old.

Edited by Rhyltran

Sidious.

Any Sith who went up against ole palps would get destroyed. Even if they had the most powerful trinkets in the galaxy.

Palp beats all Sith in achievements.

Palp beats all Sith in Power.

Palp beats all Sith in smarts.

Palp Beats All Sith in everything else.

Because he is Palp.

Wookieepedia quotes the Dark Empire Source Book about Palpatine's powers; namely that he was so powerful that he had mastered all known force powers and could create new force abilites when he so chose to. I don't recall any other force user in the canon having that description.

Sidious by far in my opinion.

A master of all known lightsaber forms.

A rutheless and malavelont psycopath.

A brilliant strategist and mastermind schemer.

A deceptive and ellusive sith lord.

An incredibly powerful force user.

In the expanded universe he could even rip throguh the fabric of reality, and create hyperspace wormholes to devour entire fleets using an ability he created and called "Force storm". Is there any other sith lord thats done something so magnificantly ******?

Darth Sidious forever <3

Can't have a Palp thread without also discussing the Mace Wendu controversy. Did Palp let him get the advantage in order to facilitate Anakin's turn to the dark side, or did Wendu really get the advantage on him, and Anakin showing up was good fortune for the Emp? Afterall, Palp had no problem taking on Wendu and 3 other Jedis at the start of the fight, and quickly dispatching them till just Wendu remained.

Can't have a Palp thread without also discussing the Mace Wendu controversy. Did Palp let him get the advantage in order to facilitate Anakin's turn to the dark side, or did Wendu really get the advantage on him, and Anakin showing up was good fortune for the Emp? Afterall, Palp had no problem taking on Wendu and 3 other Jedis at the start of the fight, and quickly dispatching them till just Wendu remained.

Palp wasn't playing in that lightsaber fight. And he lost, and I'm glad he lost. If he didn't lose that would Make Palp the 2nd greatest duelist imo.

Remember Windu is imo the 2nd greatest duelist, he mastered all 7 forms and created one of them. And he has shatterpoint.

In the novel, Palp lost the duel, but when he began his force lightning, Windu was seconds from being disarmed by the lightning. And he was dead before he flew out the window.

Wow, sounds like some bored authors felt the need to give Sidious godmode. He still got schooled by Windu, and tossed over a rail by a dismembered Vader.

Vader is actually quite powerful himself. Windu rivaled Yoda prior to his fight with Sidious and gave himself fully over to his vaapad which he has never done before making him, potentially, more powerful than Yoda in that exact moment.

Also Sidious was busy torturing Luke so he was caught off guard. Couple that those feats weren't in that body. He was able to do them in a younger more powerful body. Pretty much he returned far more powerful than ever. He's been dubbed emperor reborn. Sidious reborn would have destroyed Windu with no contest. Note Luke is even more powerful than Sidious reborn. So while Sidious was made "overpowered' by the EU it's nothing compared to how Luke has ended up.

If that's immortality then the Sith Emperor is just as immortal.

I never said he wasn't. The poster I was quoting worded it like the Emperor was immortal but Sidious was not. The Emperor was indeed immortal. As was Sidious. Note in my quote I said "As well."

It would be overwhelmingly foolish to claim the Emperor in TOR isn't immortal when he's managed to live for over 1000 years. Likewise, it's foolish to not consider Sidious immortal when death doesn't end him. He can even transfer his essence AFTER death. He doesn't even need to do it before hand.

Edited by Rhyltran

I never said he wasn't. The poster I was quoting worded it like the Emperor was immortal but Sidious was not. The Emperor was indeed immortal. As was Sidious. Note in my quote I said "As well."

Oh, sorry. My eyes must be going.