BioChem: Worth it?

jkmalnar

I started out BioChem, because I rolled pots in Wow, and also I liked the idea of reusable Stims/medpacks. However, I am not enjoying it all that much atm. Seems medpacks/stims aren't really selling for anything ATM.

I am thinking of switching over to Cybertech.

Is this grass is greener?

I started out BioChem, because I rolled pots in Wow, and also I liked the idea of reusable Stims/medpacks. However, I am not enjoying it all that much atm. Seems medpacks/stims aren't really selling for anything ATM.

I am thinking of switching over to Cybertech.

Is this grass is greener?

Not really.

The GTN is new, there are tons of crafters at the moment.

Not much is selling aside from crafting materials.

Biochem will probably be more popular at high-end gaming. If you look at traditions of other mmo's you see that there is always a demand after potions for raids.

As a biochem you wont have to bother with recrafting stims/kits for each raid since you have reusables. And you can sell the consumables to earn some credits when the market is ready for high end stuff.

Personaly im using my resuables a lot both in pvp and pve, a few k extra heal is always neat when it's "free" ;)

Everyone needs to remember that it will probably take a few months for the games economy to really get into full swing on the AH.

I have biochem and I'm loving it. Makes my healer sorc even MORE impossible to kill.

Eventually we get to make implants and the best stims and medpaks in the game. Not to mention the adrenals for boosts.

It's going to be sweet!

Surely the problem with Biochem IS the reusables.

Once everyone has bought a reusable medkit, they will never need another. They'll just put it back up for auction and buy the next level up.

I chose Biochem and am thinking of switching: My Commando can't find a decent weapon anywhere.

Edit:

Apparently they require Biochem to use, Guess I should read the description more closely next time.

As it stands, I'm using my kolto bomb and med-probes on myself more than the purple medpacks I've made. The sheer number of medpacs I loot makes it almost pointless to keep a reusable one, or sell blue-advanced ones on the market.

Edited by SoylentPurple

Surely the problem with Biochem IS the reusables.

Once everyone has bought a reusable medkit, they will never need another. They'll just put it back up for auction and buy the next level up.

I chose Biochem and am thinking of switching: My Commando can't find a decent weapon anywhere.

HUH?

No you can't put it back up for auction, it's BOE.

Not eveyone can use them, because not everyone will have Biochem.

HUH?

No you can't put it back up for auction, it's BOE.

Not eveyone can use them, because not everyone will have Biochem.

Purple medpacks/stims and such aren't bound. You can sell them just fine after using them for a while (I have sold a few of the lower level purples after I have moved on to the next levels).

I would say stick with it, for what the others are saying about end game. Until then just make potions and stims for your guild and give it to them. They're extremely useful to have for just questing. I've just been giving out stims to anyone in my groups for flashpoints / heroic quests.

Purple medpacks/stims and such aren't bound. You can sell them just fine after using them for a while (I have sold a few of the lower level purples after I have moved on to the next levels).

You may be able to sell them but I was under the belief that you need to have Bio as a prof to equip them, the reuseables I mean. The blue one shot use can be sold and equipped by anybody.

Is this correct ?

You may be able to sell them but I was under the belief that you need to have Bio as a prof to equip them, the reuseables I mean. The blue one shot use can be sold and equipped by anybody.

Is this correct ?

Yes.

I will also say that getting the purple items for the reusable items is a pretty big pain the *** so I won't expect to see anyone mass producing purple items to sell. It is pretty easy to make the blue items though.

Well considering Diplomacy is bugged where you sometimes get points with weird decimal values awarded to BOTH light and dark side when a mission fails, a lot of people are not doing biochem cause the skill to get the rare mats jacks up your counter and awards points to a alignment you dont want points awarded too.

I have had my light/dark points jacked up for 5 days and no dev/csr seems to want to weigh in on it other than the cursetory droid response to close a ticket, which I immediately reopen.

I have never made a light side choice or taken a light side diplomacy mission, yet my counter reads something like: 9.023434e456 Light / 4020.345273564e56 Dark

This was the result of a failed darkside mission named "Spin"

Is this correct ?

That's what the item says. Even the level 8 reusable says Requires Biochem (1). So the only people who will have reusables are the people who can make their own. Some may not bother, though, as REing a bunch of blue medpaks to get what is basically a single use recipe won't float everyone's boat. So you might be able to sell a couple purple paks.

Purple implants are not BoP, though.

What happens if you critically craft a purple re-useable? And can you make a purple re-useable with a HOT on it by re-enging a purple one?

Having not done it, I can't be dead certain, but it appeared that each crit success while crafting in biotech produced 2x the quantity.

I've got almost 300 biochem and I gotta say it's great. Granted, I didn't sell a single item on AH but I never intended to before max level. Right now I just craft stuff to up my skill and RE it to get purple recipes. They are awesome, and give nice boost. Once at max level I'll make a few purples for me with stats that I need and will just focus on crafting blue ones for raiders. That's where the real money is at.

i come from wow having leveled most professions , mostly on main ench and tailoring ...

usually crafting prof get outdated when you hit max lvl with pvp pve gear .... So not much use apart tailoring unique enchants mounts or nice looking items ....

ench is always usefull .

But , but alchemy ,,,, or byo it always went strong cos the potions end , you always need more pots more stims to have the edge so good or bad its usefull always . So im going byo , a bit boring i must admit but it will sure be worth it :)

and diplomacy isnt bad either :D