Alacrity

Vladnar

Alacrity is useful, it helps speed things up. You need quite a lot of alacrity to notice any real difference physically so you should always stack this as a last resort, once all other soft caps have been reached.

I wish to apologise for anybody unable to understand any of my previous posts on this matter which id thought had made this perfectly clear.

You can use many other mod combinations to avoid using alacrity, sometimes you may need to buy a piece just to remove one part and add to your equipment or keep one part you already have.

Alacrity is basically the least useful stat to a sorcerer that actually gives any tangible benefit.

Thankyou

Edited by Vladnar
Accuracy

Alacrity is useful, it helps speed things up. You need quite a lot of alacrity to notice any real difference physically so you should always stack this as a last resort, once all other soft caps have been reached.

I wish to apologise for anybody unable to understand any of my previous posts on this matter which id thought had made this perfectly clear.

You can use many other mod combinations to avoid using alacrity, sometimes you may need to buy a piece just to remove one part and add to your equipment or keep one part you already have.

Alacrity is basically the least useful stat to a sorcerer that actually gives any tangible benefit.

Thankyou

It isn't that others don't understand. It is that YOU do not understand how stats work and will not listen when people try to explain it to you. Alacrity does not compete with any stat a Sorc uses except surge. Once you hit 300 surge, you stack alacrity.

You keep saying that you should trade out alacrity for crit or power, but this is not possible. It is not possible because there is not a single piece of gear in the game that has BOTH power and crit. You get one or the other. I'll try to put this as simply as possible. There are three kinds of stats on non-tank inquisitor gear. Column A is endurance and willpower. You get both of those on every piece of gear. Column B is power and crit. You can choose ONE of those. Column C is surge, alacrity and accuracy (which is strictly for assassins). You can choose ONE of those as well. You keep telling people they can trade between Column B and Column C. That is wrong.

So these are your possible options for the stats on each mod assuming you realize that you do not want accuracy:

1. endurance, willpower, power and surge

2. endurance, willpower, power and alacrity

3. endurance, willpower, crit and surge

4. endurance, willpower, crit and alacrity

Dumping alacrity from your mods will only increase your surge. If you dump all your mods with alacrity for mods with surge, you will have way more surge than you need (roughly 300). Once your surge is around 300, alacrity is literally the only other option available to you that has any effect whatsoever on your DPS or healing output.

Do you get it now?

Sooner, the bounds of your patience are limitless. Keep up the good fight.

I feel like a waiter trying to explain to someone that his cheeseburger comes with fries or mashed potatoes, but not another cheeseburger. And he keeps insisting he should get another cheeseburger.

I feel like a waiter trying to explain to someone that his cheeseburger comes with fries or mashed potatoes, but not another cheeseburger. And he keeps insisting he should get another cheeseburger.

Cheeseburgers are delicious. I'd totally take another cheeseburger over some extra potatoes.

It isn't that others don't understand. It is that YOU do not understand how stats work and will not listen when people try to explain it to you. Alacrity does not compete with any stat a Sorc uses except surge. Once you hit 300 surge, you stack alacrity.

You keep saying that you should trade out alacrity for crit or power, but this is not possible. It is not possible because there is not a single piece of gear in the game that has BOTH power and crit. You get one or the other. I'll try to put this as simply as possible. There are three kinds of stats on non-tank inquisitor gear. Column A is endurance and willpower. You get both of those on every piece of gear. Column B is power and crit. You can choose ONE of those. Column C is surge, alacrity and accuracy (which is strictly for assassins). You can choose ONE of those as well. You keep telling people they can trade between Column B and Column C. That is wrong.

So these are your possible options for the stats on each mod assuming you realize that you do not want accuracy:

Dumping alacrity from your mods will only increase your surge. If you dump all your mods with alacrity for mods with surge, you will have way more surge than you need (roughly 300). Once your surge is around 300, alacrity is literally the only other option available to you that has any effect whatsoever on your DPS or healing output.

Do you get it now?

SO YOU AGREE WITH ME, thank goodness. For a minute there i thought you were a jedi whom were trying to make sorcerers weaker for some reason.

I manage to avoid near all alactiry whilst maxing the others....strange you should think this not possible, i have it on my own gear for both pve and pvp....im sorry you still think this not possible but im not here to make up for your failings in understanding or reasoning....i have the proof i wear it......i shall say no more, im living walking proof you can near avoid alacrity....WHAT MORE IS THERE TO SAY and im not flying past the soft caps either.

It is sad you feel the need to keep pestering my posts with this as i actually wear the gear you say can't be done.

Take 5 mins and make us a askmrrobot profile of your sorc wearing whatever you really wear. Or whatever out there stuff you want. You can make it full BIS gear if you want nobody will call you on it. But show me a gear set up with 0 or even near zero alacrity without going over 300 surge.

36% crit

78% multiplyer

Many mods now come with either just power or crit. I WEAR THEM and don't have to prove anything, maybe just look on gtn.

enhance ive only got pow and surge on

His real statement ofc should have been get gear with higher numbers so you reach the cap quicker and have to use alacrity...which is less than 3 %......point is this isn't wow and im not a warlock and ive been told time and time and show time and time again that the speed/alacrity doesn't work the same on dots here as it did in wow and ive seen nothing to prove different and in fact moving as far from alacrity as i could i massively improved everything gameplay wise for my sorcs main.

There is a really good source somewhere on these forums that shows exactly what you gain by stacking alacrity in real terms and proves that you avoid it until all else is maxed and then take its gain, if you use alacrity on the way through to the very end game you will be losing out on far more potent and helpful stats...max everything else and then use alacrity....if you cannot agree with that i cannot help you further and will say no more.

The proof has been in the pudding for me, i struggled before and now breeze through ops and spend quite a bit of time dpsing in them too...which being a sorcs im quite proud of.

I only tried to help as i say, ill say no more.

Vladnar

Do you get it now?

YOU CAN BUY 27 MODS on GTN that have loads of endurance, willpower and POWER ONLY. I suggest your information is OUT OF DATE my friend.

I don't think we'll be hearing much more on this subject then. Heavens

YOU CAN BUY 27 MODS on GTN that have loads of endurance, willpower and POWER ONLY. I suggest your information is OUT OF DATE my friend.

You really don't get it, do you? Of cource you can get MODs with endu,will and power/crit. But you will only get ENHANCEMENTS with endu,power/crit and surge/alacrity/accuracy. That is why only SURGE and ALACRITY compete with each other. You can only chose between those two! You obviously got like 500 surge judging from your 78% crit multiplier rating which is way beyond the point where the DR hits really, really hard (around 300 for most Healers and dps, madness sorcs go a little higher (~360)). Your're basicly trading 3% crit multiplier against 7-8% in alacrity which doesn't make sence.

This is what everybody is trying to explain to you in the various threads.

He meant enhancements. Exchange the word "mod" and "enhancement" in his statement and suddenly he's right you're wrong...

We're talking enhancements, which is where you get tertiary stats. You really have no idea how gear works, do you?

Armorings have endurance and main stat (willpower for sorcs). Mods have endurance, main stat and secondary stat (crit or power). End game enhancements have endurance, secondary stat (power or crit or tanking stat) and tertiary stat (alacrity, accuracy, surge or tanking stats). Earpieces and implants also come with endurance, main stat, secondary stat and tertiary stat.

Here is a list of every level 63 enhancement in the game:

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/4/level/63-63

Show me an end game enhancement that doesn't have either surge, alacrity, accuracy or tanking stats on it. They don't exist. Assuming you are in Dread Guard/Hazmat gear...

All level 63 enhancements have 60 surge, alacrity, accuracy or tanking stats or 56 of those with extra endurance (which you don't want as DPS or heals). Earpieces and implants also come with main stat, secondary stat and tertiary stat. Hazmat force-lord's and force-healer's ears and implants have 60 alacrity or surge on them. You have seven pieces of gear that carry enhancements (head, chest, hands, legs, feet, mainhand, offhand).

That means you have 600 points to split between surge, alacrity and accuracy (10 times 60 = 600). If you have 600 surge, you are WAY past the point where it is doing you any good. If you have any accuracy, you are wasting those points. So 300ish surge and -gasp- 300ish alacrity is where you will find yourself.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

reposted my response from his other thread....

I think what he's trying to say is stacking more surge past the soft cap of 75% at the cost of alacrity is still more beneficial than stacking alacrity at that point. So basically an extra 3% crit multiplier is better than shaving .1-.2 seconds off a cast.

For me personally, I'd think its spec/playstyle dependent. Since I only have experience from the PVP side as heals I would say bubble spec is in lower demand of alacrity. Once I use rejuv, innervate, I'm usually busy throwing bubbles around and by then my CD's are over and i'm ready to throw more heals out. Only thing I'd want alacrity for is shaving my dark heal time down, but I dont use it as often in that spec since I'm prioritizing bubbles, rejuv, and innervate. So in that case a lower cast of .1 seconds is of little use to me.

Full heals on the other hand, I wanted a bit more alacrity since I am casting dark heal and reviv much more often.

reposted my response from his other thread....

I think what he's trying to say is stacking more surge past the soft cap of 75% at the cost of alacrity is still more beneficial than stacking alacrity at that point. So basically an extra 3% crit multiplier is better than shaving .1-.2 seconds off a cast.

For me personally, I'd think its spec/playstyle dependent. Since I only have experience from the PVP side as heals I would say bubble spec is in lower demand of alacrity. Once I use rejuv, innervate, I'm usually busy throwing bubbles around and by then my CD's are over and i'm ready to throw more heals out. Only thing I'd want alacrity for is shaving my dark heal time down, but I dont use it as often in that spec since I'm prioritizing bubbles, rejuv, and innervate. So in that case a lower cast of .1 seconds is of little use to me.

Full heals on the other hand, I wanted a bit more alacrity since I am casting dark heal and reviv much more often.

Alacrity also affects innervate. But Yea, bubble spam is a rather specific case. Though since bubbles can't crit either, you may as well drop a bit of surge for some alacrity :)

I don't disagree with the idea that stacking surge above the 300 mark is sometimes a good idea depending upon spec. The 300 number is a general mark, as certain specs and situations call for a bit more. I disagree with his continued incorrect assertion that the amount of alacrity on your gear has anything whatsoever to do with the amount of crit and power on your gear.

I don't disagree with the idea that stacking surge above the 300 mark is sometimes a good idea depending upon spec. The 300 number is a general mark, as certain specs and situations call for a bit more. I disagree with his continued incorrect assertion that the amount of alacrity on your gear has anything whatsoever to do with the amount of crit and power on your gear.

oh he's definitely confused

Despite the arguement this is a extremely insightful thread. So as such whats our crit supposed to be at for madness wh fully aug

crit 30% ish, pushing towards 37% fully buffed

surge 300 or just over which is about 77%

alacrity definately not pushing over 8%, but as i can only ever repeat we try to max everything else out along the way and worry about alacrity last is all...you'll pick some up along the way because of course they are attached, come in pairs and you'll find yourself a little more robust but still more of a glass cannon than most.

Augments really all and always need to be main stat be it aim or willpower or strength or whatever as we still believe there to be no cap on them and they benefit more and more widely.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Look for the changes in spring eh, may get to start all over again with the numbers game lol