Why are people against a LFG Tool

Enistre

I don't understand the argument. A LFG tool would not be any less social than how things are now.

The argument, is that it prevents people from having to talk with one another to form their groups, and once the group is made, if you like them, you add them to your friends list.

This is reasonable, but if you take a LFG Tool, that is server side only, your point is mute.

Spamming LF HEALER FOR SUCH AND SUCH FP in General is not being social, and once they respond: I'll do your instance, invite me~

Guess what? That's exactly what the tool does, without the General Spamming, without the sitting in the Space Station doing nothing, but watching General Chat Spam waiting for that special some one who's paying attention, and it saves General Chat for people who actually want to use it.

Please stop saying this is a bad idea. The opinion that it takes away from the social aspect of the game, is bad.

Edited by Enistre

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is an lfg tool..people just need to use it for it to be useful

see see.

1. click social window

2. click who tab

3. click "looking for a group?"

4. set lfg comment to what you need help with

and don't forget to always spread the word around about how easy is actually is!! spread the word my friends, spread the word

The tool is terrible.

But, I guess anytime some one suggests improvements, they warrant such responses as: You suck. It works fine. Go back to your other MMO. If you don't like it stop playing. Everything is perfect the way it is. We don't need suggestions. We don't need improvements. Your idea that an improvement should be recommended is an insult on this game. You're just a baddie.

That's how progression happens, right?

Go play wow a few weeks and you know why it is a bad idea to implement such a tool. Vanila wow --> best MMO ever (together with ultima), WOTLK wow ---> worst MMO ever.

The LFD tool in WoW is a huge success that millions of players love, so that's not going to help your case.

i don't get it why people rage at something that 10000000 people didn't complain it at all in wow.

guys, remember in 1 moth you will be alone on the servers. casuals will play casual and you will be the only ones spamming in chat for a group.

i really hope more people will play this game in upcoming months. else it will shrink after 1 month.

diablo is near, GW2 ...oh boy.

gl,

Funny how poeple cant write any arguments against it.

Vanilla WoW was good because it didnt have 11M solo players in it who arent giving a damn about others.

Think of it as a city!

One with 10 million poeple will tend to have its citizens to be more self-centered and stick with their group only because they dont have to search too much and go too far to get their food, clothes, friends, bars, restaurants, etc.

An other city with only 10 000 citizen will tend to make poeple know more about each other because they will need to interact more to party, go to the only good restaurant, buy their food to the only grocery store, buy their clothes in one of the only shop there is.

Small town with low pop.= more interaction with the whole community in order to find goods and pleasure.

Big town with huge pop.= less intereaction required to find goods and pleasure.

Everyone knows big cities citizens are less friendly than villages citizens are..

Its the exact same thing in a game server.

BOOM!!! TRUTH REVEALED.

Edited by crazysam

As stated above, it doesn't work past the planet you're on. I guess, the idea of questing while looking for a Flash Point group is terrible, and you should be confined to a major capital spamming it up in General Chat. Because.. That's being more social, right?

As stated above, it doesn't work past the planet you're on. I guess, the idea of questing while looking for a Flash Point group is terrible, and you should be confined to a major capital spamming it up in General Chat. Because.. That's being more social, right?

It doesn't even work on the planet you're on since nobody looks for the little purple icon in /who.

But but but... that's community! :rolleyes:

It's people being dumb, narrow minded and irrational.

Otherwise known as nostalgia. That particular mental phenomenon specifically makes you remember past activities you were involved in as being far more socially connected than they really were. It's the mind's coping mechanism for isolation and loneliness.

So yes, you ARE arguing against irrational people.

Edited by Caelrie

Otherwise known as nostalgia. That particular mental phenomenon specifically makes you remember past activities you were involved in as being far more socially connected than they really were. It's the mind's coping mechanism for isolation and loneliness.

I wish you were on my server. )':

The bottom line is a LFD queue WILL be added. It's just an expected feature in today's MMOs. Your casual player isn't going to want to sit in the Imperial fleet for an hour doing nothing trying to find a group.

Edited by SDCowboy