"C'mon, be a man!"

KrazieFox

I am so sick of Ensign Temple, Vector, Lokin and Scorpio repeating over and over and over "C'mon, be a man!" doing their best Kaliyo impersonations ... they have her voice down to a tee!

ALL my Agent's companion's - maybe 4 times per minute ...

"C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man! C'mon, be a man!"

I swear it's driving me insane ... may have to shelf my Agent until this is fixed :mad::(:mad::(

Edited by KrazieFox

It's actually very sexist. Just like the phrase " Man up! " .

Precisely ... this is why it's p*ssing me off so much. If they were repeating anything else it wouldn't annoy me so much ... but I Don't want to be a man! That's all they keep saying - over and over and over ...

:mad:

Play a female character...see if they still say it.

I am playing a female character - ALL my characters are female.

Edited by KrazieFox

Oh dear heres the offended people again- either upset not all NPCs are all goody two shoes with you- or not understanding its a bug from another NPCs dialog (Temples actual lines are not recorded (yet?) and rather replaced with Kaliyos). Edited by Kiesu

Oh dear heres the offended people again- either upset not all NPCs are all goody two shoes with you- or not understanding its a bug from another NPCs dialog (Temples actual lines are not recorded (yet?) and rather replaced with Kaliyos).

So, Vector, Lokin, Scorpio, Temple - all have not had their dialogue recorded yet? Vector sounds really freaky saying "C'mon, be a man!" in a woman's voice - as does Lokin ... you'd think in 4 years they would have 'recorded their dialogue' ... :rolleyes:

Grow up and stop being so offended at things.

Ever tried reading? Of course, that assumes you can read ... my appologies if you cannot. My initial post was about how ANNOYING it is to have that line repeated over and over and over and over .... ad infinitum ... nothing to do with being offended ...

Happened to my Agent too. It was kinda awesome that Scorpio talked like Kaliyo. My theory is this: she's an AI so she must've evolved enough to mimic other comps' voices. Like T 800/1000 :)

Annoying about other comps doing the Kaliyo voice though :/

So, Vector, Lokin, Scorpio, Temple - all have not had their dialogue recorded yet? Vector sounds really freaky saying "C'mon, be a man!" in a woman's voice - as does Lokin ... you'd think in 4 years they would have 'recorded their dialogue' ... :rolleyes:

Lokin does not have this bug. Neither does Scorpio afaik.

Also, none of the other companions you listed were Healing companions in previous expansion, hence they didnt need to have these lines recorded. Some other companions are using other companions voices too when healing, like Scourge healing is actually using Rusk voice.

Its not just your agent that has this issue, lets get real here.

Edited by Kiesu

Hmmm ... then I guess the fact that Vector, Lokin AND Scorpio say "C'mon, be a man!" in Kaliyo's voice must be a different bug to the one affecring Temple? :eek::rolleyes:

Must be, my Lokin and Scorpio are quite fine (just logged my own agent to check). Only Temple and Vector still seem to like impersonating Kaliyo.

I'd say the terms are sexist to men as well - and of course if the implication is "don't be a woman" then that's obviously pretty poor, though I don't think this is just a given.

Sexist to men because it may suggest that if you don't act a certain way being male, then you aren't really a man.

I had this bug prior to the patch (haven't played the char since so I don't know if I still have it) and the line of Kaliyo's that kept getting repeated was "Make me look good." I didn't hear "Be a man!" once. I'm curious, does she say different combat dialogue depending on the gender of your character and/or whether or not you've romanced her?

I'm just trying to figure out why I'm having the same bug, but with different combat dialogue.

The thing that's really bugging me is that since the expansion hit, Kaliyo no longer says "Dibs on the head". Ever. I really loved that line.

Have you tried playing her in another mode than healer?

I think their dialogues are tied to whatever mode you put them in.

I could be completely wrong there of course. :p

@OP: And yes, that glitch is very annoying.

Edited by Callaron

But isn't the person being addressed the person being killed? Or are they saying this when summoned/dismissed?

As soon as I dismount "C'mon, be a man!" ... running down a corridor "C'mon, be a man!" ... as soon as I appear at a Fast Travel Point "C'mon, be a man!" ... I get into cover "C'mon, be a man!" ... I click on a quest objective "C'mon, be a man!" ...

They say it several times a minute ... it's all I am hearing when I have a companion out as my Agent ...

Have you tried playing her in another mode than healer?

This was my thought - so I tried using Temple in dps mode, to help me clear faster, and she was still saying it. :(

Edited by KrazieFox

I also have this issue with my Agent's companions. I have not experienced this issue with my other classes. It's pretty annoying to hear all the time.

What makes it worse is that I really hate Kaliyo, so to hear her annoying voice come from my other companions drives me nuts.

Edited by SlthBounteHuntah

As soon as I dismount "C'mon, be a man!" ... running down a corridor "C'mon, be a man!" ... as soon as I appear at a Fast Travel Point "C'mon, be a man!" ... I get into cover "C'mon, be a man!" ... I click on a quest objective "C'mon, be a man!" ...

They say it several times a minute ... it's all I am hearing when I have a companion out as my Agent ...

This was my thought - so I tried using Temple in dps mode, to help me clear faster, and she was still saying it. :(

Wow. That is, indeed, awful.

C'mon, be a man!

You just want to have fun!

I find it weird that Temple is suddenly not speaking in a sexy English accent. Another problem I notice is my companions don't speak as much like before 4.0. Especially if I switch them to a different role.

Edited by Knockerz