lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished a CW. Everyone's 19K HP - 24K. Except an L33 in half greens with 29404. lolwut :rak_02:

So I went into a WZ on my Sin to test this out. All gear off - 24k hps and 2018 exp and will power. Now all my gear minus relics - 25k hps and 2100 WP, exp the same. Now add my offhand and lightsabre with +41 exp crystals, exp drops to 1800ish.

What I see is as long as you dont have exp and remove your relics (minus the matrix cube this seemed to raise my stats) and gear in every other slot I was at 2600hps and 2018 exp and my highest WP.

**Naked with only offhand and saber was not as good from what I could tell.

Just curious what others are experiencing exactly and what gear is the most viable for you?

(stats are off a 5-10 in example)

Also the WZ training dummy being bumped to 55 for all characters kinda blows :rak_02:

Edited by Avicii

why didn't you guy see this on the PTS? isn't that what PTS is for, to avoid serious fck ups like this? making everyone pay $10 for it too. honestly i've never complained about this games flaws on the forums but this is just a comedy of errors. the team in charge of bolster should be embarrassed

here's an idea: reapply the OLD, imperfect bolster system and take this crap back to PTS where you can...you know...FIX IT.

as for ppl whining about old bolster: what do you want? you're playing against toons with 20+ more levels of abils. there's no way any sort of "bolster" can reasonably compensate for that. however, it was possible to rectify your dirth of abils by maxing gear. NOW, you go up against someone who has painstakingly max'd his gear, and you stomp him...because you're naked? lol great.

I guess this means I'm out of pvp for a week cuz I can't level until the 15th. then it's about another week to hit 55 just so I don't have to get 2-shot by a 31 in greens. just reset the bolster until you figure out what you're doing. please.

couldn't have said it better

why didn't you guy see this on the PTS? isn't that what PTS is for, to avoid serious fck ups like this? making everyone pay $10 for it too. honestly i've never complained about this games flaws on the forums but this is just a comedy of errors. the team in charge of bolster should be embarrassed

That's the point, this "naked" bolster IS fixed in 55 pvp, but the lower tier brackets are not fixed. Thats essentially the problem here.

This game is beginning to be very un-enjoyable... First you nerf my beloved assassin, then you make me get face rolled by PvE scrubs because of bolster... Until you guys fix this warzones are a joke.

Naked PvP isnt they way to go.... It is empty gear that gives you a better bolster but, if you are truly trying to twink put on your dread guard gear for the lolz.

**** this

hahahaha this guy mades me laugh... I play an assassin, I'm killing healers in 4~5 secs, 6.2~8.3k maul.

PVE players killing you, oh yes, with no gear advantage you are bad then?

Hey everyone!

I was able to spend a bit of time today talking to Rob Hinkle and Alex Modny about the PvP changes and although they are busy right now working on getting solutions to some of these issues, I wanted to pass on some explanations on what is going on.

What is the purpose of “naked” bolster? So I want to clarify why Naked Bolster exists. For Bolster we need to have a system that impacts Warzone players from level 10 to level 55. To do this we want to make sure characters are on as even a playing field as possible. However, when you were leveling up your main, when did you get your first helmet, implant, or relic? In the level up game we have certain points where characters have not yet received certain items and we don’t want to punish these characters because they don’t have access to certain items while higher level characters have plentiful access, so they both get bolstered up to the same level to create a more equal playing field.

Ex: We want to make sure your level 11 without a helmet is getting some stats for their head slot to be equal to the level 25 with a helmet.

With that being said, we do not intend for naked Bolster to be better than wearing gear of any type. This is a bug with the system that we are adamant on fixing and attempted to fix on PTS. The truth is that when we fixed one aspect of the system we opened up another edge case. Last night when it became apparent we had not done enough to fix the issue we started an investigation (yes at 3am CDT in the morning) and have been working all day on a plan of attack to shore up this system so that it is fun and balanced for all parties.

More specifically the issues we have discovered are how the Bolster system handles Relics and diminishing returns. Currently on live, Bolster is giving too many stats to the Relic slot, meaning if you don’t use a Relic (naked Bolster) you will get more stats than the Relic itself would give. Actually different stats entirely since most Relics have Endurance and a proc effect. This means that taking off Relics will give you more primary damage stat and secondary stats and you will probably lose Endurance. How Bolster looks at Relic slots needs to be redone so that stats it assumes are present or should be present are more in-line with Relics that are present and we are working on that currently.

The other issue we found in our investigation is that Bolster’s diminishing returns are too generous and giving out too many stats over the course of a set. Our item system uses a diminishing returns formula on each individual stat on a mod, so that putting more and more of a stat on a single mod costs more “item budget.” The Bolster system follows the same formulas, but because it gives more frequent smaller values that are added together, each stat takes a less harsh diminishing returns hit. Taken over the course of an entire set, the result is that a fully Bolstered character tends to have gained some small values in each stat and rating over actual items. To fix this we need to massage some numbers to make diminishing returns affect Bolster stat gains more drastically.

It is important to note that “naked Bolster” is never intended to be better than wearing gear, this is a bug and is going to be fixed.

How does this affect level 55? Bolster will bolster characters up to right below Partisan gear, the new level 55 PvP set gear. This is working correctly from what we can see and means that the Elder Game will not have this issue of “naked Bolster.” Partisan and Conquer gear are still highly valuable and give better stats than Bolster so that max level PvP should be intact as we designed, it is just unfortunate that the system has bugs in it that make getting to that point frustrating.

Because of the bolster changes and general changes to 2.0 combat math you will see larger numbers during combat. We have given out more health with levels which means more damage to counter it. Also, in 2.0 the gear gap has been closed significantly. In pre-2.0 the gap was roughly (very roughly!) 80% difference between Recruit and fully augmented Elite War Hero gear. Closing this gap means that PvP battles will be on a more equal footing but you might be experiencing damage and heal numbers you hadn’t seen before the patch.

Hopefully this post has addressed some of your concerns about the current state of PvP following Game Update 2.0. Again, naked Bolster being as strong as it is right now is a bug and is not intended design. We have outlined above what our current plan is for addressing it but this is always subject to change. I will do my best to keep you all updated on how and when these changes will happen. Thank you all for your questions and feedback.

-eric

This was known and documented on test and still pushed live, incredibly weak development that we have come to expect from bioware.

It was documented day one on test

hahahaha this guy mades me laugh... I play an assassin, I'm killing healers in 4~5 secs, 6.2~8.3k maul.

PVE players killing you, oh yes, with no gear advantage you are bad then?

;( I was wearing my EWH gear

I am glad you are maul spamming buddy

Edited by PeteyLo

FIX BOLSTER....... so many ppl said to fix this before 2.0 went live some is going to find a way to abuse the heck out of it:mad:

You don't even need to abuse it on purpose. I queued with my level 30 guy, was hitting 7700 damage takedowns on my sniper, 3 shotting people. Was wearing my normal gear. Slightly broken?

Edited by dcgregorya

@Tarelther

You are very incorrect. Everyone is -not- even. If you can PvP naked with a weapon and have higher stats than someone in real gear, there is a problem. Bolster is broken and there isn't any question about it, as far as I can tell. I've played coordinated PvP with taunts and guards and peels, and it was never as silly as what this seems to be.

A 38 in greens should NOT have 10k more health than a 50 in decent gear. That is not even. That is broken.

I'm considering just wearing ****** gear so I can own face too.

That's not even the problem. Would you really care if they had more HP if they weren't hitting for 4k-8k per shot? The problem is the damage, my sniper is killing like 4 people in 10 GCDs.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Dude.

Play the game. Give it a shot. Log in right now and play.

On the PTS this was noted as an issue. And on live it is noted as an issue. The TTK is *WAY TOO SHORT*. People die in like 2-3 hits with 23k health and bolster is giving out way, way too much damage. FFS fix it please.

Just dumb it down completely.

Everyone has 5 health. Everyone gets a basic attack that does 1 damage, a special attack that does 3 damage on a cooldown, and a CD shield that absorbs 2 damage. Healer classes get a short heal that heals 1 health, and a long heal that heals 2 health.

Just dumb it down completely.

Everyone has 5 health. Everyone gets a basic attack that does 1 damage, a special attack that does 3 damage on a cooldown, and a CD shield that absorbs 2 damage. Healer classes get a short heal that heals 1 health, and a long heal that heals 2 health.

Why do you need to make things so complicated? Here's what we need to do: start by making a 3x3 grid on a piece of paper. The first person draws an 'x' in one square, the next person an 'o'. This continues until one player can line up 3 x's or o's in a row, column, or diagonal.

Welcome to call of duty starwarz style why plan your gear? Throw on some green gear leave a few pieces out and your a pvp Stud = mindless zerg, Everyone is equal no one has to think or plan just Zerg. Why reward some one who worked for his gear and researched it. Just as long as 12 year olds can find hacks and feel good, tap tap tap goes the mindless zerg. Its all about mindless balance, Sad to see low level pvp go to the mindless zerg, click click click. They will get level 55 too. click click click goes the zerg. We wonder why? china will own the world, click click click

Welcome to call of duty starwarz style why plan your gear? Throw on some green gear leave a few pieces out and your a pvp Stud = mindless zerg, Everyone is equal no one has to think or plan just Zerg. Why reward some one who worked for his gear and researched it. Just as long as 12 year olds can find hacks and feel good, tap tap tap goes the mindless zerg. Its all about mindless balance, Sad to see low level pvp go to the mindless zerg, click click click. They will get level 55 too. click click click goes the zerg. We wonder why? china will own the world, click click click

You make it seem like gear is the defining feature of player vs player