Huttball is crap

Frydoh

that may be true but i was speaking in the present. its not currently in the game and a lot of things are currently not in the game that probably will be added later but guess what we have to do until then? yep u guessed it, deal with it

there are only 3 maps atm, i personally hate voidstar. do u know what i do when i get voidstar? i leave and requeue. Genius work around, i know. maybe that will help u

If we want things to change then we need to complain about it. Just "dealing" with everything because that's how things are right now isn't going to get us anywhere.

How often does Voidstar pops for you? For me, 95% of the time the warzone that comes up is Huttball. Leaving and re-queuing is not much of a workaround when you either get thrown back into the same game or into another game of Huttball a minute later. You must be republic or fortunate enough to have ended up on a server with a balanced population as otherwise you'd be complaining with the rest of us.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how most of the people posting in this thread are attacking the OP instead of acknowledging the problem. Nobody cares that you personally like Huttball, the simple fact is that some people don't like it. I don't mind the occasional Huttball game myself, but sometimes, I would just like to do some Alderaan or Void Star in between some PvE, even if it takes 30 minutes to get a match. There is no reason why we shouldn't at least be able to choose which warzone to queue for. The next step would be to add a Huttball-style or "training" versions of Alderaan and Void Star so that population imbalance becomes a non issue.

That's exactly what i'm trying to say , ty :)

I love playing Huttball, but also agree that people should be allowed the option to que for specific WZs.

Unfortunately, having the system work this way, means that BW does not have to worry about WZ que-queing threads that plague other games with faction imbalances.

As for me, I rolled republic for this very reason. No ques, balances WZ distribution and hopefully some challenge in WPVP.

Patience is something that is missing in this game, want proof? look how many Sith are in this game. The game is not even released, and certainly must people aren't 50 yet. Choosing a warzone is something that BW can implement with a simple patch, but it is ok for now so people can get a grip on all the WZ.

Huttball is great even though a lot of people still don't "get it".

Voidstar is miserable for solo queuing. If I could be at both doors at once I might be able to solve this issue. Only managed to win this one twice. See the bomb planted message and see that 3 of my teammates are at the other door busy doing leet deeps instead of stopping the plant...

Ahhmyface's 5 Easy Tips to winning Huttball:

1. Don't run with the ball, just pass it. As soon as a new person has the ball, the rest of the team shifts into position to give him passing options. The ball moves much faster when passed than when carried. Leapfrog it to the goal line.

2. Stick stealthers on the enemy goal line and take the ball up the side or below and throw it to them. This is the single easiest way to score in huttball.

3. When an enemy is trying to move towards your goal line, use a well timed ability to knock them off the edge and delay their approach. Focus their healers when the ball is not immediately posing a threat.

4. Don't fight anyone who isn't near the ball. They are a waste of your time. CC them and leave them in the middle of nowhere.

5. Take advantage of terrain elements. When a player walks over a dormant fire vent, CC them on it, so they get burnt. If a player is knocked into toxic waste, CC them there too.

(cut and paste from the other thread)

If we want things to change then we need to complain about it. Just "dealing" with everything because that's how things are right now isn't going to get us anywhere.

How often does Voidstar pops for you? For me, 95% of the time the warzone that comes up is Huttball. Leaving and re-queuing is not much of a workaround when you either get thrown back into the same game or into another game of Huttball a minute later. You must be republic or fortunate enough to have ended up on a server with a balanced population as otherwise you'd be complaining with the rest of us.

Finally u are correct. I had the foresight to go republic. Personally i cant stand the story line of this shadow im playing but thats what alts and the spacebar are for right?

picking a specific warzone makes the queueing problem worse and you are spreading your population out. Instead of creating a game and starting you now have 3 different warzones short a person and no one is playing when you could have started a game already. The real solution to this problem is one of two things.

1) population balance. If your server becomes more balanced then you will see less huttball as the other warzones will be possible choices after teams are established.

2) Bioware creates some new same side appropriate battlegrounds so at least if your population is skewed you get some different matches.

I think in the short term we are stuck with what we have, but in the long term I think both 1 and 2 will happen. They will do something to draw republic characters over if the population is as unbalanced as it seems, and they will create more new warzones to fight over.

Short answer: wrong.

Longer answer: It's brilliant. BioWare has solved the long-standing problem of pvp ques and server faction imbalance. The reason there are so many Huttball pops, is because all of the servers are massively tilted to the Empire. Result: more pops, but you just play Empire players.

It's not fail, its WIN.

Give me pops over no pops any day.

Agreed. Be glad you don't have to wait forever to do a WZ because every drooling tard from WoW rolled Imperial.

However, I am sympathetic to the issue of choice. Players should get to choose their WZ. Not sure why this option is not available. Even if someone wants to wait 2 hours to do Voidstar, give them the option to do so.

That said, it would be a good idea for BW to release another faction-free WZ to complement Huttball.

I like the way they have it so that you CANNOT pick your WZ. This ensures that there are not going to be 1-2 WZ that no one ever plays...

That being said, I agree, make all WZ playable against your own faction. Huttball is getting boring and I'm on one of the most balanced servers.

It doesn't matter whether Huttball is good or not, that is irrelevant. The problem is that there is no possibility of choosing other warzones over Huttball. The tides of praise that Huttball receives are best ignored, the key issue is the lack of choice. I do not want to play Huttball but I do want to play the other warzones. Why is that an impossible? Mind you, I do not care for the population imbalance, I will happily queue for however long to get into the other warzones.

It doesn't matter whether Huttball is good or not, that is irrelevant. The problem is that there is no possibility of choosing other warzones over Huttball. The tides of praise that Huttball receives are best ignored, the key issue is the lack of choice. I do not want to play Huttball but I do want to play the other warzones. Why is that an impossible? Mind you, I do not care for the population imbalance, I will happily queue for however long to get into the other warzones.

u dont get it but thats ok most ppl who think they are entitled to **** dont. if you could Q for hutball only, the Q time would skyrocket so to avoid this, u dont get to choose, its random. get over it

Empire vs Empire in VoidStar or Alderaan makes no sense. Here's a thought... roll Republic. Problem solved.

Personally, I feel that the fact that Empire can match against Empire in Huttball is making the situation worse than if it was only EvR. If the EvR was the only option, the ridiculous Empire queues would go a long way to balancing the server population.

QFE

what he said

totally agree

could not have said it better

this person knows what they are talking about

spot on

I like the way they have it so that you CANNOT pick your WZ. This ensures that there are not going to be 1-2 WZ that no one ever plays...

That being said, I agree, make all WZ playable against your own faction. Huttball is getting boring and I'm on one of the most balanced servers.

Bioware games are all about the story. Same faction WZ in Voidstar and Alderaan would be pointless when it comes to the story. I hope they never implement this. If you are still getting a lot of huttball WZ you are in a far less balanced server than you think.

The thing I would support would be the option to choose youre WZ. If people want to wait in a q for long times that is their option. Bioware could ensure all WZ are played by making a pvp daily be a different WZ every day

Edited by gramirez

I love huttball, and i consider the warzone matchmaking system as well as the bolster buff to both be successes.

However, there may be an argument for more than one same-faction capable warzone playstyle, if only to quiet the vocal minority who hate it :rolleyes: