Where do I get the Alderaan Bonus Series?

Majestic_Jazz

I hear that you get the Alderaan Bonus Series at level 40. Well, I am level 43 and just landed on Hoth and up to this point, I haven't recieved a bonus series from Alderaan, even though I completed the world arc by

killing Ulgo

I then went on to Balmorra and completed that world arc as well as it's Bonus Series. Last night I got on Hoth but it just hit me that I am level 43 and still have not recieved a bonus series from Alderaan when many said that I should get it at level 40.

Whats going wrong?

My only belief is that the bonus series is not triggered by your level, but by certain points in the game. Meaning, that even though I am level 43 and the Alderaan series starts at level 40, technically, I am not really supposed to be ready for the Alderaan Bonus series. Why? Well, because I am level 43 and just got on Hoth, which is a level 37-41 planet meaning that really, I am not supposed to be 40+ at this time which leads me to believe that when I leave Hoth, there might be a moment where I am given the Alderaan Bonus series.

Is this true, or is it triggered by your current level?

What side are you? Also where are you checking for the bonus series? The Alderaan Bonus series, for the Republic, at least is not started in the spaceport like most others. I think it starts on the seond floor of the giant building(forgot what the building actually is) near the second taxi point.

What side are you? Also where are you checking for the bonus series? The Alderaan Bonus series, for the Republic, at least is not started in the spaceport like most others. I think it starts on the seond floor of the giant building(forgot what the building actually is) near the second taxi point.

I am playing Republic btw.

As for what you say, that doesn't make sense, and if it is true, then this is a poor design flaw.

What you are saying is that at level 40, I am supposed to go back to Alderaan and go into some building near the second taxi point? Well first off, how the hell am I supposed to know that at level 40 the Alderaan bonus starts? 2nd, How am I supposed to know that I am supposed to go back to Alderaan and goto a specific point [as you describe] to get the bonus series?

Personally, these Bonus series should be more in your face like on Balmorra [Republic] when I am about to leave Bug City and right in my path is a guy with an open Triangle over his head signaling that there is a new quest which turns out to be the person who gives you the Balmorra bonus series.

Finding these bonus series is almost as challenging as finding datacrons and it shouldn't be.

Well the building I am talking about is like the strategic command for the Republic, I just don't remember its proper name. I honestly don't remember how I found it.

And yeah, this bonus series has the worst NPC placement out of all the ones I've done, but most aren't really that bad. *shrug*

Well the building I am talking about is like the strategic command for the Republic, I just don't remember its proper name. I honestly don't remember how I found it.

And yeah, this bonus series has the worst NPC placement out of all the ones I've done, but most aren't really that bad. *shrug*

But my point is, Alderaan is an early level 30 planet....but the bonus series requires you to be level 40. If that is the case, then how or why the hell would a player in their early 40s be coming back to Alderaan? Again, it goes against the progression line which is why it is a design flaw. Now if you get a mail telling you to go back to Alderaan because **** is going down again at level 40, that is fine because you are TOLD to go there. But when the quest is hidden with NO indication that it is there, then that doesn't make sense.

Again, there has to be another way.....

But my point is, Alderaan is an early level 30 planet....but the bonus series requires you to be level 40.

Nar Shaddaa's bonus series is set up this way too, mid 20s planet (actually a moon) and bonus series is 32ish Republic side. 35ish Imp side.

Admittedly, in the case of Nar Shaddaa, there are quests to take you back there at the appropriate level, and the questgiver is easy to locate.

I agree the bonus series for Alderaan quests need a bit more breadcrumbs considering the quest giver is so out of the way.

-Kai-Lunn

I'm level 39 on my Consular and just got the Alderaan Bonus Series from the Republic Fleet. I hadn't checked to see if it was there before that time, but I am ahead of you in terms of quest progression, as I have finished Hoth. If it's not at the fleet now, perhaps you have to finish your class story line there to get it? Edited by Berethos

At least with Nar Shaddaa on empire side, I got mail that asked me to talk to somebody in there. Thats how I got started with nar shaddaa bonus series, and its also much higher level than the first visit.

Id imagine that you get mail to go to a contact in alderaan when you are eligible for bonus seriers?

Nar Shaddaa's bonus series is set up this way too, mid 20s planet (actually a moon) and bonus series is 32ish Republic side. 35ish Imp side.

Admittedly, in the case of Nar Shaddaa, there are quests to take you back there at the appropriate level, and the questgiver is easy to locate.

I agree the bonus series for Alderaan quests need a bit more breadcrumbs considering the quest giver is so out of the way.

-Kai-Lunn

No Nar Shaddaa isn't set up that way. For Nar Shaddaa, I got a mail telling me that things are heating back up on the Moon and that I should head back there to check it out.

With Alderaan, nobody is saying that they got a mail telling them to head there. Instead, it appears that people found out about the bonus series by chance, by adventuring into an area where the world/class quest does not take them and just by accident, running into the quest giver.

There has to be a more formal way than that!

• 2 weeks later...
Bonus series are a BONUS... meaning sometimes you have to go looking for them. Quit expecting everything to be handed to you. Sheesh, kids these days wanting everything to hold them by the hand...

Bonus series are there to cover xp gaps for those not interested in warzones/fp/space battles, and are obviously not ment to be something obscure you need to search for. That's why all of them aside from Alderaan are impossible to miss.

• 2 months later...
ok so 40+ dont help me i need lv 39 quests ? this game is kinda lame as far as abundance of quests go, i been lv 39 for 3 days now killing boors in elwind forest is taking to long

really? you sure you haven't been skipping quest? I think its actually very easy to lvl in this game if you knwo what your doing.

I'm actually, kind of, in the same situation as OP, I got lvl 43 character and just arrived on Hoth. I didn't know there was a bonus series on Alderaan though until I saw this post.

Empire side: Enter Thul Palace and take an immediate right. You should see a mission triangle on your mini-map. Follow it to Lord Serjay Thul.

Republic side: Enter House Organa and make an immediate Left. Should be able to find a Nautolan Major with the mission triangle over his head as well. He'll hand you off to COL Jace Malcolm who gives you the bonus mission briefing.

Also, BOTH sides have their own level 40 areas that aren't visited (unless you get uber lost) during your first trip to Alderaan.

• 1 month later...

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but you have to have completed Chapter 2 for the Alderaan bonus series to become available. Once you do, there's (supposed to be) an NPC on the fleet with a quest for you, or you could go directly to the quest contacts on Alderaan at that point, as listed above.

I would agree with the point, though, that an in-game mail might be more effective. There are an awful lot of NPCs on the fleet, and if this one is in a quadrant you never go to... /shrug

Edited by Jenovan

You don't have to finish Chapter 2 to get the Bonus Series. I've gotten it with at least two characters after they finished their class quests on Alderaan before going to the next world. Admitedly I generally am heavily overleveled and I was not high enough level to actually complete the quests at the time, but just picking the bonus series up is possible. Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

You don't have to finish Chapter 2 to get the Bonus Series. I've gotten it with at least two characters after they finished their class quests on Alderaan before going to the next world. Admitedly I generally am heavily overleveled and I was not high enough level to actually complete the quests at the time, but just picking the bonus series up is possible.

Hmm, is this with one faction or the other, or both?

I'm on Empire, and finished Alderaan (the first time) at level 40-41. We'd actually cleared out a lot of the bonus-level heroics, but couldn't get the actual bonus storyline at that time. Once we cleared chapter 2, though (at level 50.. talk about overleveled), the Fleet NPC lit up.

(Going by the suggested levels, they certainly *intend* for you to do the Alde bonus after Hoth, but there's no real reason to prevent you from doing it early, really. The timeline in the brief bit of story you get on the Imperial side isn't that specific...)

Hmm, is this with one faction or the other, or both?

I'm on Empire, and finished Alderaan (the first time) at level 40-41. We'd actually cleared out a lot of the bonus-level heroics, but couldn't get the actual bonus storyline at that time. Once we cleared chapter 2, though (at level 50.. talk about overleveled), the Fleet NPC lit up.

(Going by the suggested levels, they certainly *intend* for you to do the Alde bonus after Hoth, but there's no real reason to prevent you from doing it early, really. The timeline in the brief bit of story you get on the Imperial side isn't that specific...)

Pretty sure I did it with my RT and SI and maybe some other ones as well.