Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my roommate located the ingredients - going to check it out now. May have an idea on where to find the little guy once we have the jerky. Will post once we know more. If it works, we will start posting the jerky on GTN.

The jerky and all the ingredients have been located. The missing piece is the taunlet. Or at least the dead tauntaun mother that someone spoke of in a previous post.

-W

Any word yet on where to get the Ice Scrabbler Livers? Someone mentioned a turrets or towers daily on ilum - could they clarify? It it a drop, a bioanalysis scan? Which mission is this talking about?

The liver is an ingredient for Bioanalysis people to make the Jerky. I got the liver Friday off of a Republic soldier while doing the Imperial daily to kill them at the old Jedi Temple.

Who is tweeting this because it sure isn't Stephen Reid, the community manager. I also don't see anything from Courtney Woods, Joveth, Michelle Archer, or anyone else so either you've been duped, you're full of it, or I'm just not seeing who you're talking about. In other words, give us a link.

I apologize for not giving a link up front. I'm on the road and not at a reliable PC. I thought the information I found via a Twitter feed from @Rockjaw might help solve the mystery and didn't want an opportunity to pass by unnoticed.

I'm "full of it"? Wow, that's pretty harsh when all someone is trying to do but help brainstorm.

There's allegedly a Contests and Events folder in the Community Forums now, I couldn't find it or I would have provided a link, but maybe there will be a more detailed tickler on what is happening on Tatooine Sunday.

Left of the first Dune...

If you travel to the left when you arrive at the Dune Sea (Republic) you arrive at the Wreck of Stardream... I've no recolection of the place before 1.2 so it could have something to do with the pet...

True if you're coming out from the base. On the other hand, if you consider "first dune you see" from the standpoint of the overall planet, left takes you in the other direction - this would also make it the same direction for the Empire to go, which would make sense.

On the other hand, going left from the Imperial and Republic Dune sea outposts leads you to a collection of broken down sandcrawlers in both cases, so it may well be something happening in these two separate locations...

True if you're coming out from the base. On the other hand, if you consider "first dune you see" from the standpoint of the overall planet, left takes you in the other direction - this would also make it the same direction for the Empire to go, which would make sense.

On the other hand, going left from the Imperial and Republic Dune sea outposts leads you to a collection of broken down sandcrawlers in both cases, so it may well be something happening in these two separate locations...

It's Tatooine, there are dunes everywhere and as someone stated before it's probably in the Dune Sea due to the fact that both factions can get there. Question is if the Jerky is needed to summon whatever is there.

Not sure if this is related, or even NEW, but I went to the Open world PvP arena on Tatooine and there are now "black market vendors" I don't remember being there, a GTN terminal, and I have even found chests in the area with WZ commendations and PvP GEAR in them!

Many people don't know about this area - it is immediately to the rigth of the Dune Sea in between the two faction bases. Right now I am closer to the imperial side and at -336, -1049.

I have only checked one Black Market Vendor so far (there are 3), but he was the same as the PvP vendor on fleet - at least he looked that way. I never payed enough attention on fleet to know if he has any special crystals or whatnot. I will report back after checking the other two...

From another thread:

"Is anybody here already got a tauntaun?I actually got mine! ^_^

You just have to bring the unusual egg in hoth and bring it on the top of the mountain where you could freeze the buff that you get from tatooine then, BOOM!!"

If you google "Wreck of the Stardream" you'll find out that this is a future event in which a ship carrying rakghoul disease crashes on tatooine infecting sandpeople! There will be 2 quests related to the area and even an "Infected Trapjaw" boss to kill! Stay tuned for more info on that matter, because it will surely be enjoyable, but don't expect to find a tauntaun there...

If you google "Wreck of the Stardream" you'll find out that this is a future event in which a ship carrying rakghoul disease crashes on tatooine infecting sandpeople! There will be 2 quests related to the area and even an "Infected Trapjaw" boss to kill! Stay tuned for more info on that matter, because it will surely be enjoyable, but don't expect to find a tauntaun there...

Where did this info come from?

Still the area is in the Dune Sea where both Imps and Repubs can come and go, beyond that there are a ******** of Dunes around to go left at.

Where did this info come from?

SWTORSPY! They even have the 5 lore entries, the 3 epic enemies entries and 1 title entry! It's tied to the tion outbreak flashpoint, because the ship crashes after the crew gets infected by an anymal smuggled on behalf of doctor Lorrick it seems! Don't know how they gathered the informations, but they seem very plausible!

P.S. the quest seem to have both Imp and Rep version!

Edited by Pseudolo