Rate the Class Stories!

Chessrook

So for those of you who have tried out the various class stories, lets hear your ratings on them, from best to worst, and with a brief blurb as to why. This is also for the sake of curiosity on my part, as I've only seen the Trooper, Agent, and Bounty Hunter stories significantly, and am curious as to how the others hold up.

I can say though... the Trooper story was great, and the Agent's second act has kept me rivited.

Also, I probably don't need to say it, but try to keep the spoilers minimal.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVED the agent story. Particularly the second half of Act 2. I actually stayed up till almost 6am finishing it from the point that I got to Corellia because I just couldn't walk away and leave things the way they were at that point. I wouldn't have been able to sleep even if I'd tried lol.

Bounty Hunter story so far is just ok, but I haven't gotten extremely deep into yet, I'm only 26. Only thing really getting me into that one atm is waiting to see when Tarot Blood gets what's coming to him.

I will also say that the Inquisitor storyline (up to leaving Korriban) had me wanting to punch the freaking monitor every time Harkun spoke to me. If I ever hear the word "slave" again, somebody's getting their teeth knocked out. :-p

Edited by Phated

My main is a Sith Inquisitor and I felt it started out slow, but I outleveled my guild towards the end of the story because I was so addicted. I made a Bounty Hunter alt and was into it at first, but I lost interest around Alderaan. My third alt is a Sith Warrior. It, too, started out slow, and I am only up to Tatooinne, but I feel it picking up. My friends are playing Imperial Agents and can't say enough good things about that entire storyline. They've only made it to Voss so far.

Jedi Knight story - only lvl 24 so far. In the first 10 levels the story was amazing because the whole zone was focused around the conflict you were working.

After Tython: the coruscant story was story was meh, Taris was a bit better but still not too exciting and thus far Nar Shaddaa isn't much to write home about either.

But those first 10 levels were awesome.

Edited by talligan

playing consular. first few hours make me want to drill out my brain

flesh raiders? oooo, dont care

recover random jedi holograms? dont care

I have absolutely no interest in the jedi "masters"i am meeting.

I dont FEEL like a "new padawan here for training", there is no great sense of accomplishment.

I'm just killing a buncha stupid monsters and picking up holograms.

DAMN IT BIOWARE what are you doing with the consular storyline?!?

Imperial Agent story, I give it 12 out of 10.

It's very deep and very touching, especially the part where I work for the republic.

Good twists and very nice ending.

Edited by Vastalee
added spoiler tags

The Consular story... what's the scale we are using? 1-10? 1-100? Oh nevermind, I was going to give it a 1 anyways.

Rly? What level are you? After coruscant Its gets so much more better ! Love it , second act is hit and miss. BUt still interesting overall!

The Consular story... what's the scale we are using? 1-10? 1-100? Oh nevermind, I was going to give it a 1 anyways.

Consular story is truly a poorly written story.

The entire thing relies on characterization, a very basic story technique, but achieves none of it. It just tells us we should care instead of actually making us care; I'd be so embarrassed if I was the one who wrote that (I'd also consider going back to school, because it clearly didn't work the first time).

Consular story is truly a poorly written story.

The entire thing relies on characterization, a very basic story technique, but achieves none of it. It just tells us we should care instead of actually making us care; I'd be so embarrassed if I was the one who wrote that (I'd also consider going back to school, because it clearly didn't work the first time).

i think it'd be amazing if a bioware rep could respond, or a writer for the consular story

did they have something more in mind, but had to rush the game out? or did the senior writers REALLY feel this is how a jedi consular should play out?

playing consular. first few hours make me want to drill out my brain

flesh raiders? oooo, dont care

recover random jedi holograms? dont care

I have absolutely no interest in the jedi "masters"i am meeting.

I dont FEEL like a "new padawan here for training", there is no great sense of accomplishment.

I'm just killing a buncha stupid monsters and picking up holograms.

DAMN IT BIOWARE what are you doing with the consular storyline?!?

you didn't find it interesting

speaking with master vandar and bastilla shan in the noeticons?!?!?

i think it'd be amazing if a bioware rep could respond, or a writer for the consular story

did they have something more in mind, but had to rush the game out? or did the senior writers REALLY feel this is how a jedi consular should play out?

I was honestly in shock at how poorly written the whole thing was, I really really was. And lest we forget, this is a Bioware game! Oh, and you know the whole selling point of this game, story, yeah....nice shot in the foot there.

I was honestly in shock at how poorly written the whole thing was, I really really was. And lest we forget, this is a Bioware game! Oh, and you know the whole selling point of this game, story, yeah....nice shot in the foot there.

So a guy who thinks they shouldn't have put any money into the VO doesn't like the story, color me surprised!

Imperial Agent story, I give it 12 out of 10.

It's very deep and very touching, especially the part where I work for the republic.

Good twists and very nice ending.

This. It's the only story I've 'finished' and it kept me playing far too late some nights. The only thing I wish for is a chance to replay some of the 'alternate' endings. Maybe, since I played a sniper, I'll do it again some day as an operative ...

The Consular story is actually one of learning. If you don't in particular like history / lore, you won't like the Consular storyline.

I hear a lot of people bashing it, but I actually enjoy it. You learn A LOT of history behind all that has happened up until this point in time. Yes I agree, they did give out a major story spoiler early on (before you even leave Tyhon), but just the amount of history and lore alone is worth it - at least IMO.

I've also done parts of the SI and Smuggler stories, and those seem to be very interesting... Although with the SI story, if he called me slave one more time....... I didn't like him from the start anyways

Speaking with the Masters in the Noeticons and learning about Vivicar and how he created the plague....

Learning the fate of the original jedi who learned the healing technique...

Learning how left their fellow Jedi on a planet that was consumed by the DS - of a 100% dead Vivicar.....

Learning how that same Jedi was eventually overtaken by Vivicar (even though Vivcar is / was dead)....

How in the past, there was no LS nor DS - just the force, and everyone experimented with it, which is why you are on Tython to train, because it contains both the LS and DS

Learning the history behind the Houses on Alderaan and you having to stop (or start) a war from occurring...

Learning how the Hutts, even though "neutral," are beginning to side with the Republic...

And those are just SOME of the things you learn along the way

Edited by rhirne

Seems like the Agent storyline is pretty often considered the best one. It really surprised me, too-- since Agent was the one class I looked at in the list back when the game was in Beta and thought, "well there's the crap one".

Imperial Agent is one of the best storylines I've ever seen in a game. One of the things that makes it good, I think, is that it doesn't feel like it's trying to pigeonhole you as either a 'good guy' or a 'bad guy', and your character kind of feels like he grows over the course of the plot.

Edited by PibbyPib

I have only played the Jedi Knight Story so far. It seems pretty good to me, nothing spectacular, it has it's moments, I just wish they weren't so spread out.

One thing that I like about it, is I was afraid that I'd have to go threw the entire game with my knight sounding like a 'goody2shoes' cloistered Jedi, but it turns out, that's not the case.

I play a sarcastic Light Side Jedi and for the most part, I'm impressed that I can portray the cocky, half smirking, yet unltimately good-natured Jedi. Kinda like Obi-wan in Episode 2, except more extreme.

Another bonus for the Jedi is I like pretty much all of his companions. I'm sort of against companions that don't speak english, and I know every class has atleast one, but if I had to chose one, I'd go with T7. Kira was fun at the beggining. She complimented my wise cracking nature and there was the initial sexual tension. But after that she seems to stop developing as a character...

The rest are average and I'll stop here so I don't go into spoilers.

Overall I'd give the Jedi Knight Story a 7/10.