Chasing History - Screw You Bioware!

Chromedbustop

I've just finished this quest and game onto the forums to see if anyone else commented. This quest has brought the game alive personally as i decided to complete KOTOR again just before SWTOR came out, the whole Taris zone really has some awesome back story.

Have to admit i was hoping to find the outcasts still existing in some underground city, although kudos to BW for the way this quest was designed.

• 3 weeks later...

I went back to Tarsis at level thirty to gather some t2 mats and decided to go and do all the quests I missed (which was a lot because pvp and space missions outleveled me for Taris.)

I'm so glad I did. Literally I got chills from this mission... and the music at the end, so very good.

Nice work, BioWare, very nice work!

:D

Where do you get this mission? I've done most of the missions on Taris and haven't seen one called Chasing History. :(

You get it in the Morne outpost, I think. So far, most memorable side quest to me, but it has a sad story. With a mean twist even.... there as a hint how long they exactly hold against the odds and when they could have been saved...

To be fair, did you honestly expect any other likely outcome in KOTOR? That said, I expected them to either die on the way or pursue a holy grail which didn't exist.

It's like the FO:NV quest involving the exact same thing, when Ghouls go to inordinate lengths to program rockets to go to their Promised Land. I fully expect a DLC in which we see their charred mangled corpses littering a wrecked crater.

Edited by Lexandar

Having completed every planet but Illum <sp> I gotta say that the Chasing History mission on Taris is the most depressing of them all. Especially since I remember it rather well from KOTOR.

Well played Bioware, well played... bastards...

<sniffle>

I agree and normally I am all for defending bioware, but they really messed this one up. I was invested what saying those people and looking forward to seeing their descendants. Why the heck did they screw me on that???????:mad:

To me the idea of this promised land that no one could come back from was one that was deep under the city and had its own energy shield. An energy shield would have protected the place from the bombardment and they should have built a civilization after the world was destroyed.:(

Edited by zejaie

I'm unsure whether I did this mission or not - is it in the bonus series of quests? I think I haven't done those.

So as not to spoil people:

Is it the mission where you look for holograms left by some people who lived on Taris (below the Endar Spire I think(?) - regardless it was underground), and it's about their story about how they die off, due to rakghouls? They had some immunity to the plague, if I recall correctly.

I haven't played KOTOR (although I bought it recently and intend to go through it), so at the time it didn't make a lot of sense to me if that's the one.

I agree and normally I am all for defending bioware, but they really messed this one up. I was invested what saying those people and looking forward to seeing their descendants. Why the heck did they screw me on that???????:mad:

To me the idea of this promised land that no one could come back from was one that was deep under the city and had its own energy shield. An energy shield would have protected the place from the bombardment and they should have built a civilization after the world was destroyed.:(

Every good story doesn't necessarily have a happy ending.

Would you rather be dead, or live 300 years on a rakghoul-infested mudhole of a planet where you are more likely to step on broken chunks of shrapnel than actual grass?