Starship improvement suggestions....

LordArtemis

I would like to agree with all of these things. It might also be a cool idea for maybe some missions where you ship is specially outfitted with a special skill, like say the proton torpedoes for the X-wings were in the original trilogy, these special abilities would be to either help or be needed to complete certain missions.

Oh! and maybe a few that AREN'T in space but involve doing bombing runs on surface installations!

Also, to add a bit to the turret comment of the OP, since I didn't see this part mentioned: perhaps the turrets on board the ship could be used by friends while running space missions?

Edit: Also, my imperial Agent wants the bar back in his Phantom! It's in the concept art, and it would make the "living room" of the ship so much nicer!

oh, also, can we get bathrooms?

Edited by ColaWindstar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree great post another thing i'd like to add would be to equalise the hardpoints on all the ships currently it is incredibly hard to do some of the higher level space missions with the dartboard target that is the smuggler ship

I would like to agree with all of these things. It might also be a cool idea for maybe some missions where you ship is specially outfitted with a special skill, like say the proton torpedoes for the X-wings were in the original trilogy, these special abilities would be to either help or be needed to complete certain missions.

Oh! and maybe a few that AREN'T in space but involve doing bombing runs on surface installations!

Also, to add a bit to the turret comment of the OP, since I didn't see this part mentioned: perhaps the turrets on board the ship could be used by friends while running space missions?

Edit: Also, my imperial Agent wants the bar back in his Phantom! It's in the concept art, and it would make the "living room" of the ship so much nicer!

oh, also, can we get bathrooms?

Yes, I will check my OP, but the idea was to suggest players could board your ship while in your group and man the turrets while you run the space mission. They dont need to add any specific modeling to the outside of the ship, the turret portal is already on the ship.

You could run to the portal, teleport to the turret (top and bottom) and then you would have the same view as the main player, from the top or bottom of the ship. You could then rotate 360 degrees and move up or down a smaller portion to lock on and attack ships as they pass by, or attack static targets as the ship passes them.

It would turn space missions into group missions essentially.

1) Get on ship without taking off. Loading screens suck, especially when I just want to go on my ship to talk to a companion, but plan to go right back to the planet. I'm forced to sit through two loading screens, and the planetary load times are ridiculously long.

2) A working chess board and sabacc table. Let us choose two of our companions to play each other or our main character. Or play against a friend. C2-N2 wants to play Bowdaar :) Letting us fly the camera around the table is a must.

3) Doors that open and close, especially to the personal quarters and the bridge.

4) Holo-codex. Let us view our codex on a holo-console. Maybe a voiceover and simple animations for the different stories.

5) Ability to hide the training dummies. I bought them and decided that they don't go with the decor in some of my ships, and I'd like the option to hide them away when not in use.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Edited by BellaEva

I completely support those suggestions!!

Space game is not consideret almost at all. Would be nice havein some ops or wz in space.. Dev, this is Satr Wars!!!!

Try to do something :p

I believe they are working on a different space project for the game at the moment, but what it contains is a mystery. I would just be happy if they could give us back our doors...naturally you can choose to turn them on or off from a console on the bridge.

I love the suggestions. Personally I'd just like to be able to decorate my ship to my tastes with carpets or tribal masks, or trophies or such.

I'd also like some hint that we share our room with our I/g SO...its a small thing, but it would be nice to have some evidence we're with our companions...perhaps, something we can enable with a ticky box or something. :)

Ok these are the ones I support the most:

2. Closing door. This is really cool, doors should automatically open and close it'd look pretty darn sweet.

4. Landing/docking the ship, I agree and it'd be great if there was a control panel to do this in the cockpit so you could land the ship. And stay inside it, with a nice view of the landing bay in the spaceport, or, where you are on the station in your view port.

Conversely when its time to lift off when you approach the door to enter ship, it should be a case of two options popping up much like when you go to use a lift. "Enter ship" and "Enter ship and take off"

So, if you're just nipping in, "Enter ship" should produce no loading screens as technically you are still on the planet, or at best a very quick one! Then, the game should realise the ship never actually took off, thus, when you go to the exit hatch, you just exit.

Now if you enter ship but don't lift off then think, ok, lets lift off, the console on the bridge should produce the desired effect. Take off! Easy. Now if you just run to the rear door when in space then that should automatically land/dock the ship unless you want to enjoy the vacuum of space.

9) The ability to have your crew work on the ship while in combat is a must, and to be honest, its so fundamental, I am honestly shocked its not in the game already.

1) missions on or around the ship... YES!! Little random things like this would be awesome, if you are travelling to a contested world for example, and you get attacked as you pop out of hyperspace there, boom, straight to space battle. BUT! The mission should respect the level of upgrades fitted on your ship.

2) I'll just call this team space combat. If so, yes. Either the other players man your ship and deal with various things such as ship systems or gun turrets. Or, they fly their ship on the mission with you in tandem, don't know how the tandem ships would implement, but should be a way to do so.

5) Ship part exchange.

Im 50/50 on this. Essentially, the ship is one of the perks of playing that class often. A bounty hunter flying an X70 phantom. Doesn't make sense... A Sith flying the D5 Mantis? Um, yeah right. But it would be sweet if we could customise the exterior of the ship much like we do with a companion just stick a customisation on it.

======================

And finally here is my suggestions.

Make the escape pod do something.

Also, make the grade 7 upgrade space missions doable.

Peace out.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to add that many of the Star-ship Items (Beam generator, Armor, etc) are not clear on how much they improve a certain aspect of the ship for space combat. My prime example is the concussion Missile Magazine (Grade 7 Missile Magazine) it says the following

Equip: Ship missile bay now holds 100 missiles

Equip: Increases missile damage to 500

missile damage from what?

there is no stat item that shows Missile damage

My suggestion would be to ensure all possible stats that are effected by different equipment be shown similar to the characters page in the 'melee' window, accuracy rating is shown with all the contributing factors such as Weapon accuracy, Bonus, skills/buffs and the what not.

The easiest way to describe what i would like to see is when you have a Laser canon (Grade 7 beam charge) & a Blast condenser (Grade 7 Beam generator) that the 'blaster damage' shows you what has contributed to score of 200

Other suggested stats

EWP timer (cool down and duration)

EMP Range

EMP damage

Missile damage

PCM ratio +/-

I'd like to have an area near the GTN kiosk on my characters ships where I can call companions and compare stats on GTN items I get for companions. When I want to buy armor for companions, for example, I have to do it at a GTN on a planet, or on Fleet, in order to compare stats at a glance, and determine whether or not the item is an upgrade. I can't do that for companions from the GTN kiosk on the ships. A similar situation for companion gifts. The ability to see the range of companion affection gained from a particular gift is great. However, I can't do this using the on ship GTN kiosk.

As far as I know, it isn't possible to do this.

I'd like the ability to turn off the chit chat from the ship droid. I don't mind C2-N2's chatter (usually), but 2V-R8's chatter irritates me. I can hit the mute button, but I'd like to be able to not listen to just 2V-R8, rather than mute all sounds when my Imp characters board their ships.

Wishful thinking: The ability for my Sith Sorcerer to hit Andronikos (and 2V-R8, come to think of it) with a little lightining. I think how nice it would be to shock him with lightning every time I see him on board the ship. :D

Remove any companion positioned on the bridge to another location on the ship. No companions on the bridge, please.

I'd like to have an area near the GTN kiosk on my characters ships where I can call companions and compare stats on GTN items I get for companions. When I want to buy armor for companions, for example, I have to do it at a GTN on a planet, or on Fleet, in order to compare stats at a glance, and determine whether or not the item is an upgrade. I can't do that for companions from the GTN kiosk on the ships. A similar situation for companion gifts. The ability to see the range of companion affection gained from a particular gift is great. However, I can't do this using the on ship GTN kiosk.

As far as I know, it isn't possible to do this.

I'd like the ability to turn off the chit chat from the ship droid. I don't mind C2-N2's chatter (usually), but 2V-R8's chatter irritates me. I can hit the mute button, but I'd like to be able to not listen to just 2V-R8, rather than mute all sounds when my Imp characters board their ships.

Wishful thinking: The ability for my Sith Sorcerer to hit Andronikos (and 2V-R8, come to think of it) with a little lightining. I think how nice it would be to shock him with lightning every time I see him on board the ship. :D

Remove any companion positioned on the bridge to another location on the ship. No companions on the bridge, please.

Id like to add quite a few of these to the list if you don't mind. Some good ones I think :)

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see a lot more aesthetical improvements; dyes for inside/outside the ship, manakins for armour sets, banners etc.

In regards to group space combat, I think maybe it should be done Episode IV style- group mates take over turrets on your ship and help shoot while you fly about shooting the main guns and barrel rolling.

Also... Will we ever use that bloody escape pod? That has me thinking a good onboard story is in the works. Maybe (again) Episode IV style, your ship gets tractor beamed in, but you break out in the pod?

And I agree with the mini games too.

• 1 month later...

1st, remove stuff that doesn't do anything!

allow us to sit on the furniture, turn on the entertainment system, or remove it! I feel like a fool, having to sit on the floor, because my big bad sith lord is not allowed on the couch of her own ship!

I agree with the customization, and kicking off the bridge, I always feel like that creep is going to shoot me in the back or molest me!

I also would like to be able to work with my companions on the ship... I use it as a rest zone, why do I have to go to some bar to be able to get rest points, and work with my avatar, when I have my own ship? just doesn't make sense...

Those are great ideas and would like to see most or all of them added over time in the game. I absolutely agree that we need more interactions for my character to do on their ship and more things to do.

Even though I have never played Star Wars Galaxies, after reading these replies I think that the developers should see what really worked in that game that the fans enjoyed and see about putting those features in this game.

I'm probably going to adjust some of the suggestions, in light of the new information provided by the devs that indicated their resistance to interior decoration for the same reason they are resistant to chair sitting on ships....could break mission triggers in the ship.

Perhaps I should focus instead on our room on our ships.

a jukebox with real full length soudn tracks youc an put on repeat fromt he game :D id almost never leave my ship haha - especially if my friends could join em and hear it also we could listen tothe same music, can add additional songs to t he caartel market and have your base listing be soemthign from yoru last adventure, liek if ur on chapter 2, u have 2 selections , chapter 4 u have 4 (other then what u buy at the cartel market ) I wouldnt mind being able to replay soem fo the mvoies alsoa nd have a big screen, or get to see the game previeswws on it for the next patch , or my fav - let me record my major story line battles and play them for friends to see in my ship on my giant theater sized flat screen :D - foood would help also but with real buffs a dancer maybe? u know all the hutts have one Edited by CriDaDimon