400 biochem/bioanalysis/diplomacy

Tersidre

Well ive been 50 for about four days now.. and i managed to get all my crafting to max and now have 1 of each of the top end "rakata" reusable stimpacks/medpacks/adrenals. I gotta tell you i have yet to see anything nearly as useful as biochem is.

The rataka medkit is just so incredibly good its borderline imbalanced.. 6k heal with a 2k dot? Tie that in with my jugg tank cooldowns and i literally cannot be killed i can have an ENTIRE TEAM on me in huttball and without an outside healer i can go from the ball spawn point to the enemy goal line being pounded on the entire way. By the time i get to the goal i might need some back up but when i did this with 3 guildies helping me we went 6-0 in huttball 13 times in a row.

And in tanking PvE wise with the rakata adrenals and such all pumping I can sit there and EAT boss enrage hits and i dont have to move out of anything I can just eat all of it. If i actually go along with the mechanics I simply do not die and barely even need 1 healer.. this is on regular mode eternity vault by the way... its not quite as extreme in the hard modes but still my guild healers say they fall asleep with me tanking with these biochem craftables pumping through me.

Im not saying nerf biochem not by anymeans its really fun imo... but they really need to bring the other crafting up to par. I literally have not seen anything as useful or as interesting as what biochem provides.

oh and one thing to add in for biochem and pvp.. with the rakata stimpack i can STAND IN THE FIRETRAPS in huttball and eat every single tick and if i use the medpack at the right time I will survive it and keep on walking.. i imagine its really been making people mad who are constantly pounding on me only to have me walk through the fire and come out the other end still at 80% health while they have to wait for it to go away.

Edited by Tersidre

There is nothing that compares to it. They would have to make some pretty drastic changes to the other professions to make them on par. For example just to compete with the buff packs like the Rakata Fortitude Stim http://www.torhead.com/item/1uIrNTv they would have to give say Cybertech the ability to add a 2nd armor plate to a piece of gear with an extra 136 endurance and 56 defense rating.

Biochem is just to good to not have if you care about maximizing your character in pve and especially in pvp.

Edited by Skrigg

need to remove the reusabke aspect of it. Thats not what crafting is about. And its horribly wrong we cant sell these to people that dont already have biochem and can make them themselves. Reusable and crafting in the same sentence = blasphemy!

BW realy should shoot the people that came up with this junk.

Crafting is meaningless if we cant sell our good to everyone and not have them consumed afterwards.

They shouldn't remove the reusable aspect at all, thats the whole point of the perks. It just needs to be nerfed in some way, such as removing the hot component entirely for example. The Adrenals/Stims aren't overpowered (though they're really nice), just the medpacs.

Also normal mode tank damage is a total joke no matter what, do you actually think slight temporary buffs are the deciding factor? Do you think at all?

Edited by CHRISGG

They shouldn't remove the reusable aspect at all, thats the whole point of the perks. It just needs to be nerfed in some way, such as removing the hot component entirely for example. The Adrenals/Stims aren't overpowered (though they're really nice), just the medpacs.

Also normal mode tank damage is a total joke no matter what, do you actually think slight temporary buffs are the deciding factor? Do you think at all?

reusable = no repeat customers = lack of income = crap crafting system.

If items expires, crafters could produce more, make more, and buy more from those that dont craft but just gather resources.

Its basic economy. You think in real life if we would buy a battery or a car and it would never die, get used up, break, or just have need for something new and better that any company would be in business today? Yes its the same thing, many of us older games enjoy the business aspect of crafting/selling. TOR system sucks.

If items expires, crafters could produce more, make more, and buy more from those that dont craft but just gather resources.

Its basic economy. You think in real life if we would buy a battery or a car and it would never die, get used up, break, or just have need for something new and better that any company would be in business today? Yes its the same thing, many of us older games enjoy the business aspect of crafting/selling. TOR system sucks.

This makes no sense. The reusables have a biochem rank requirement. So only those who can craft the reusables can actually use the reusables. Unless every player takes biochem there will still be a market for the consumables.

Edited by SaintNick

Thats why i said remove the biochem requirements in my previous post. Read entire conversation ;)

Having biochem restrictions limits our sales

having reusable items doesnt allow us to make repeat sales

Clear now?

Edited by Onomas

Thats why i said remove the biochem requirements in my previous post. Read entire conversation ;)

Having biochem restrictions limits our sales

having reusable items doesnt allow us to make repeat sales

Clear now?

There is already other non-reusable items that other players can purchase for exactly that reason. Clear now?

I actually really like it. It makes sense that the person making the biochem would be able to make a complicated reusable pack for themself but that requires specific knowledge to be able to use. It's like a nurse understanding the complex parts of iv's and meds and being able to therefore apply them to herself in a way that would take a lot of schooling to explain to her patients. Reusables for the biochemist themself and single use put on the market to sell. I think it makes a lot of sense and I really enjoy it.

What's odd about the biochem thing is it feels like the "perk" items every tradeskill in WoW gets that only they can use, but it's the only crew skill in the entire game that gets such a thing.

Do not nerf this. Give other crafting crew skills a cookie.

Maybe special better-than-best mods of some kind for artificer, armstech, and armortech, or the ability to add a slot to bound gear...something.

Edited by KTheAlchemist

Cybertech gets free speeders and reusable grenades. :o

Looks like Artifice can make BoP Relics with Augments slots and the other crafts can make BoP sets of gear with some pretty high level mods in them.

Edited by KaiHeilos

...Cybertech gets free speeders...

I'm sorry, have you seen the material requirements for the crafted speeders? I wouldn't classify them as "free".

Oh, and you have to level Cybertech as well. I'm sure I spent a bit of money doing that. So free? No.

The simple reality right now is that crew skills are imbalanced between skills and imperfect in each skill. The idea should be to buff other crew skills so that they are all useful in some way, not to nerf existing crew skills so they are all useless.

And on the original point: the only difference between reusable and consumable in the long run is cost. That's it. If you want to level Biochem (and Bioanalysis and Diplomacy) to 400 to save some credits in the long run then do it. If you would rather spend the time earning credits to spend on consumables do that. It's really not that much of a difference.

The simple reality right now is that crew skills are imbalanced between skills and imperfect in each skill. The idea should be to buff other crew skills so that they are all useful in some way, not to nerf existing crew skills so they are all useless.

So Biochem is really useful and unbalanced in regards to other crafting skills.

And on the original point: the only difference between reusable and consumable in the long run is cost. That's it. If you want to level Biochem (and Bioanalysis and Diplomacy) to 400 to save some credits in the long run then do it. If you would rather spend the time earning credits to spend on consumables do that. It's really not that much of a difference.

Except it's not and all it does is save some credits.

Contradiction much?

You also ignored the reusable grenades, augmentable relics and BoP gear that the other crafts get while complaining about the speeder price.

Edited by KaiHeilos

I am level 25 and crafting 160 bio dip. I have spent 75k credits to make it to the bio Chem level where I can make reusable health packs that do 2000 - 2500 heal. I can make non reusable ones that I can sell, materials cost about 2k. I have invested dozens of hours crafting, sending companions out and spending alot of money learning the craft, reverse engineering and recipes.

So fwiw it takes a long time and alot of money for reusable ones which u ppl could just buy non reusable ones and have another craft with the money you would save levelling biochem.

Atleast biochem get a little perk to make the items that ppl buy from the auction house. If we didn't get a reusable one, we would NEVER sell the ones we craft.

Wrong.

This gives the person who "sacrificed" their crafting slot some very powerful perks.. i would say nearly essential for pvprs, and good for anyone who needs some survivability while questing. The other 2 professions you take will give you items to sell if you choose.

Pick a different crafting prof if you want to make stuff to sell, but don't whine and muck up bio.. it is fine as it is.

I dont get it, you guy complain that Biochem who invested tons of money to get Reusable have an unfair advantage over other players ?

HELLO !!!! you can buy the usable one with the same power and have other crewskills to play arround.

In WoW Alchemist had reusable flask and pot, that never prevented other player to buy the usable one while having other tradeskills.

Actualy Biochem is realy bad because any non Biochem can have the same advantage then the Biochem themself with buying the medpak/stim and can have other perk with other crewskills.

Sometimes people ... realy ... /facepalm

Edited by Fxtech

I dont get it, you guy complain that Biochem who invested tons of money to get Reusable have an unfair advantage over other players ?

HELLO !!!! you can buy the usable one with the same power and have other crewskills to play arround.

In WoW Alchemist had reusable flask and pot, that never prevented other player to buy the usable one while having other tradeskills.

Actualy Biochem is realy bad because any non Biochem can have the same advantage then the Biochem themself with buying the medpak/stim and can have other perk with other crewskills.

Sometimes people ... realy ... /facepalm

What you are not realizing is that this is the goal of the thread...to make an issue that biochem should be nerfed like slicing was.

Wrong.

This gives the person who "sacrificed" their crafting slot some very powerful perks.. i would say nearly essential for pvprs, and good for anyone who needs some survivability while questing. The other 2 professions you take will give you items to sell if you choose.

Pick a different crafting prof if you want to make stuff to sell, but don't whine and muck up bio.. it is fine as it is.

Its not wrong, its economy, selling, crafting, business. Obviously you have no clue about economy. And its your choice to "sacrifice" your crafting slot.

And as you said a very powerful perk. But you people werent ok with slicing's powerful perk. So i hope biochem is nerfed. No one should have that much healing in pvp over another. So they need to make this available to everyone or nerf it. Its your choice you took a weak class and cant survive in pvp.

removing the biochem level lock, and not making it reusable takes away the "get out of jail" card , the "i win" button, and "i want everything easy" junk away. Also allows others that chose not to take biochem the chance to use these better medpacks, which promoted sales, which makes crafting better for everyone.

I am biochem btw, and yeah i think it needs changed. Limiting sales is never good for a crafting system.

Well ive been 50 for about four days now.. and i managed to get all my crafting to max and now have 1 of each of the top end "rakata" reusable stimpacks/medpacks/adrenals. I gotta tell you i have yet to see anything nearly as useful as biochem is.

The rataka medkit is just so incredibly good its borderline imbalanced.. 6k heal with a 2k dot? Tie that in with my jugg tank cooldowns and i literally cannot be killed i can have an ENTIRE TEAM on me in huttball and without an outside healer i can go from the ball spawn point to the enemy goal line being pounded on the entire way. By the time i get to the goal i might need some back up but when i did this with 3 guildies helping me we went 6-0 in huttball 13 times in a row.

And in tanking PvE wise with the rakata adrenals and such all pumping I can sit there and EAT boss enrage hits and i dont have to move out of anything I can just eat all of it. If i actually go along with the mechanics I simply do not die and barely even need 1 healer.. this is on regular mode eternity vault by the way... its not quite as extreme in the hard modes but still my guild healers say they fall asleep with me tanking with these biochem craftables pumping through me.

Im not saying nerf biochem not by anymeans its really fun imo... but they really need to bring the other crafting up to par. I literally have not seen anything as useful or as interesting as what biochem provides.

oh and one thing to add in for biochem and pvp.. with the rakata stimpack i can STAND IN THE FIRETRAPS in huttball and eat every single tick and if i use the medpack at the right time I will survive it and keep on walking.. i imagine its really been making people mad who are constantly pounding on me only to have me walk through the fire and come out the other end still at 80% health while they have to wait for it to go away.

Here's a idea restrict lvl 50 to their own. Really stupid lvl 10s pvping against 50s.