APAC Announcement

Punchy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing on "The Bastion" since release and I am based in Australia, most of the time it's fine for ping I average 180-240ms at all times.

But last couple of days I am averaging 240-300, and usualy hovering at 400, I also get spikes constantly upto 6k

240ms in pvp is fine and playable, althought some glitchy graphics after someone jumps they look like they are hovering.

but 400ms is almost unplayable, too much delay in your actions and reactions to fight properly, if the ping does not get better I will leave also, I can only imagine it will get worse once all the oceanics are transfered to the server.

^ have you tried using a lower ping 3rd party program like battleping? my ping does exactly what yours does spikes up and down alot but with battle ping i can sit on 180-190ms constantly when online

im on adsl 2 telstra internet in QLD, Australia (cant get cable on the island i live on boo) :(

I would like to know who the hell they asked, love the way they say it is to keep our play style. I have been playing MMOs for years and I have got use to the high lag and have compensated for it when playing, when we first transferred to this server it took me awhile to get out of the habit of compensating for it. I readjusted my PvP tool bar as I was able to put some of the skills (interrupts etc) that aren't really viable when playing with 200ms, so my play style changed now they want me to change it again :mad:

When I first heard this news I went and made a character on Hellbringer, and even the little things that didn't bother me before, bother me now, like the little hop, and jerkiness when running around. My character is a lot smother on this server. So according to them I want to change my play style (compensate for lag again), a more populated server who will probably all be asleep when I play, so I will be probably playing with the same amount of people I play with now (probably less if this forum is anything to go by), plus I have to change my characters names. I would like to speak to the idiots that wanted this. It is a pity as I really liked this game.

I have paid for the expansion so might as well get my monies worth (doubt they will refund), I will stay as a subscriber but as soon as they announce the date of the transfer I'm gone, think I might go play Guild Wars II more don't seem to notice the lag as much.

Edited by Jakarn

Lucky I heard about this in game so I dont buy any more cartel coins or waste money, I for one wont be playing on yank servers like most what a joke why should we be crippled with lag get real guys AMERICA isnt the no 1 anymore Australias a better country now merge our servers or lose most of us.

I have been playing on "The Bastion" since release and I am based in Australia, most of the time it's fine for ping I average 180-240ms at all times.

But last couple of days I am averaging 240-300, and usualy hovering at 400, I also get spikes constantly upto 6k

240ms in pvp is fine and playable, althought some glitchy graphics after someone jumps they look like they are hovering.

but 400ms is almost unplayable, too much delay in your actions and reactions to fight properly, if the ping does not get better I will leave also, I can only imagine it will get worse once all the oceanics are transfered to the server.

I've noticed an increase in ping since 2.0 was released and so have some of my guildies. Usually I'm at 40ms on Dalborra, but lately been sitting around 150ms and spiking anywhere from 500 - 2k.

And I agree with you, when I originally started playing I was on Mask of Nihilus with anything from 200 - 400ms. And that coupled with an already pretty dodgey computer made PvP and even certain bosses in Operations almost impossible to do.

Well the expansion is here, and I was looking forward to it but with the latest news, knowing my character names are going to be changed, and that I will probably stop playing. I just can't get into it, haven't even been to the new planet yet.

I got invited to the Neverwinter beta (downloading it now), actually a couple of weeks ago, but didn't worry about it than. I have been looking at a couple of videos on it, and in one it had a map of the world, and it is very ironic but they have Baldurs Gate as one of the towns :rolleyes: (for those that don't know it was one of the first major games that Bioware produced ). It will be interesting to see if it is the same as that game (pulled out all my old maps ;) ).