Ok, this is too much

Zanathax

Yes, I appreciate the active patching and the fact that BioWare is trying to eep things moving forward with fixing problems with the game. But I am up at night. Patching every frigging night this week is TOO much. I'm really sick and tired of this, BioWare. Patch once a week. Maybe twice a week. No matter what's going on with the game, patching constantly likethis is NOT the answer.

There has to be a better one.

This one STINKS!

EDIT: To be clearer, I am complaining about the servers being down for 8 or 10 hours a night, 3 nights in a row. It shouldn;t be necessary for them to be down for this long. If it is, BioWare needs to bring it some programmers with more experience in implementation, because no other MMO I have ever played has ever done this. Once a week to restart and maintain servers? Sure. 3 days in a row for 8 to 10 hours a night? Never, in the 15 or so MMO's I have been a part of the launch of has a game company done this.

So I'm complaining. I get to do that. I'm a paying customer. With out feedback, BW won't change. I want them to do so. Therefore.....

Like some cheese? The last few nights Bioware has gone out of their way to fix some major problems and eliminate various exploits. I'd gladly sit out for a couple of days if it meant I was getting a better product in which to play. I didn't say patiently mind you. Big difference. I prefer a proactive company going out of their way to make things better versus a regimented pattern to appease a few stragglers.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's better to be accurate in your time estimates than it is to go either long or short. Many MMO'ers get just as annoyed by shorter-than-stated downtimes as they do by longer downtimes. MMO'ers like predictability. When you start running shorter-than-stated downtimes, you then will have thousands of players waiting for your servers to come back up early when they could be doing something else, and in those times where you need a full 6 hours or whatever those players are going to get annoyed.

This is not really true. It's pretty common knowledge in service industries that it is better to over estimate than under. It's virtually impossible to predict the exact moment a service will become available in situations like this, where testing is required after a push.

Much better to say "hey, maintenance was concluded quickly and servers are available 1 hour earlier than expected!" than "hey, maintenance is running long and we have no eta but will post when we know more!"

:)

SWTOR launches . . . General forums filled with:

"OMG Bioware, fix all these bugs or we're going to quit!!!"

Bioware goes on a tear, swatting bugs by the hundreds and patching away. Forums respond:

"OMG Bioware, stop fixing the game so often or we're going to quit!!!"

Lesson Learned: You can please some of the people, all of the time; or all of the people some of the time; but you can NEVER please the forums.

OP they have to do it because the game is broken on so many levels. People want to pertend that there isn't problems but this game wasn't ready for launch. Even now it is worse than most BETAs today.

LMFAO...

What Beta's have you been playing Sir ?

This game was better in Beta than any game I've played at release.

I can list them all if you want, but I've been playing and beta testing MMO's since Ultima Online.

Why do people have to flame anyone that is against something bioware has chosen to do? Is bioware your supreme entity? Do you have chirstmas because of bioware? Look everyone knows people make mistakes and bioware is nothing but a big group of people with skills to make a video game. Don't turn them into some false idols.. They make mistakes we just want them to own up to those mistakes by giving 1 day free play time every time they have to do back to back maint days like the last 3 days have been.

SWTOR launches . . . General forums filled with:

"OMG Bioware, fix all these bugs or we're going to quit!!!"

Bioware goes on a tear, swatting bugs by the hundreds and patching away. Forums respond:

"OMG Bioware, stop fixing the game so often or we're going to quit!!!"

Lesson Learned: You can please some of the people, all of the time; or all of the people some of the time; but you can NEVER please the forums.

Bugs by the hundreds, huh?

Do you read the patch notes?

The dudes in Bioware probably dont realise:

What is night for americans is day for europeans, so stop stealing our gametime pls.

Ya, yanno, you are probably right. I doubt anyone at BioWare even know what country Europe is in....!!!

:D

For those who are complaining about people in the US having their night time when the patches are done, you obviously don't look at the people in PST, where it is midnight when the patches start, or those in Alaska and Hawaii, which is still the US and where it is still evening by then. I wish they patched it during daytime instead like they do in Europe, most people actually have jobs or go to school you know.

Edit: and yes, 2AM server time would be a lot better as that would make it midnight for me, at least I would be able to play 2-3 hours in that case.

Edited by Svache

Why do people have to flame anyone that is against something bioware has chosen to do? Is bioware your supreme entity? Do you have chirstmas because of bioware? Look everyone knows people make mistakes and bioware is nothing but a big group of people with skills to make a video game. Don't turn them into some false idols.. They make mistakes we just want them to own up to those mistakes by giving 1 day free play time every time they have to do back to back maint days like the last 3 days have been.

I'm not just for anything Bioware has chosen to do. I'm for rationality. It is a rational decision for Bioware to patch this game when the least amount of people are currently playing. It's not the fact that Bioware made this decision that I like, it's the fact that it is the most rationale decision. There are game breaking bugs that hundreds of people are complaining about and, thus, they have decided to fix them ASAP. Yet, at the same time, they are also fixing these bugs at the best time available. Therefore, all decisions made were rational and efficient.

Why do people have to flame anyone that is against something bioware has chosen to do? Is bioware your supreme entity?

I don't flame anyone, but when he's saying "only fix bugs once a week?" Yeah, I think he earned it. That's ridiculous and selfish and definitely worth of some flaming.

Edited by imtrick

If anyone noticed:

Customer Service definately is definately NOT selling this game. Its the worst negative about it IMO (though for some the community may top that).

Not to be rude or insulting (though this will come across as harsh).

The service is what the service is,

deal with it or move on.

Not much we can do except complain about it (which will probably lead to more disgust with it - at least in my experience) or cancel (and ignore the other qualities of the product - if any [subjective]).

I appreciate a daily patch, since it shows they're making some kind of attempt to fix the game, but that's a double-edged sword - a game that cost several hundred million dollars to make shouldn't need a patch a day for three days in a row.

It shows a good deal of effort on BioWare's part.

Most MMO devs tend to not try to address any real issues or make any real effort until the second or third month.

This is just awesome.

This whole thread's purpose just proves that people will complain about absolutely everything. We have people complaining about bugs, so when BioWare starts putting up patches which require server downtime, people move on to the next logical step of stupidity and complain about the downtime. And I just saw someone complain about the fact that the game needs so many patches. Are you kidding me? My God...

And the servers were never down more than 4hrs on any given night. I was there when they were took down the servers, and when they brought them back up.

Edited by PaintOnASign

...because no other MMO I have ever played has ever done this. Once a week to restart and maintain servers? Sure. 3 days in a row for 8 to 10 hours a night? Never, in the 15 or so MMO's I have been a part of the launch of has a game company done this...
How telling this is about your so called experience. I remember many spotty MMO's that had unscheduled downtime soon after launch.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/4862

No. It's about my 15th MMO launch. Going to bac to Ultima Online. Most of them didn't do this at launch. They might bring the servers down for an little while(30 minutes t o2 hours) but 8 or 10 hours for a patch? 3 nights in a row? Nope. You claiming that this is necessary or normal for MMO launches shows your ignorance. It does NOT take this long to patch an MMO. This is a policy decision from BW... and it's a poor one.

So I;m complaining. I get to do that - Freedom of Speech and all that. If someone doesn't they won't change.

If you check the dev tracker it will show you that your logic is false. The servers were only in fact down for only a cumulative time of approximately 7 hours total for those three days combined.

You don't want bugs fixed? Right. You're probably the first one to complain about them. There is a saying for your kind, "give them a bag of gold they'll complain it's too heavy".