Static Barrier, semi-useless?

fubse

When I have my barrier up i get lured into a false sense of security, that i could potentially stop myself dying, this of course is not the case and in many situations the barrier exists to do nothing more than take up a precious GCD of mine which could be used to benefit me or my team.

So this got me thinking, rather than add in new ability BW could just tweak this one?

What if we could cast it on a ENEMY, hear me out. The effect on the enemy could have a vastly different effect to the way it works on allies, here's two examples that come to mind,

- A weaker version of electro-net, but always decreases DmG done to the sorc ,that cast it, by that specific player it was cast on?

this would give us a decent DCD that could be used offensively to protect ourselves while being able to dmG that player and make us a rather unfavorable target to attack giving us a chance to fight back or run (forgive me) and HEAL2FULL (teehee).

- Another idea I had was similar to when it is cast on allies or yourself it absorbs DmG, now what if it had a similar effect on an ENEMY player but stopped them getting that amount of HEALS ( the equivalent of the amount of dmG we would take) and then preceded to give us a set amount of the heals it absorbs? say 10-15% now i admit that may seem a tad OP but its not like it would do much to stop us dying in the current situations we face, am i right? or am i right?

This is my 2cents feel free to nit pick, its just some ideas I had and wondered what some of you guys thought about them.

• 2 weeks later...

Static Barrier is pretty darn strong on my sorc. But I'm a healer who's grabbed the Lightning Barrier from the Lightning tree, and Corrupted Barrier heals me for 1% of my health. It is quite valuable.

However, when I hear "instead of another cooldown to help my team", I wonder about the timming of your current use. Static Barrier effectively lets you get above the maximum health by a tiny bit, but you really shouldn't bother with it unless someone is already at 99% of health or more.

Here's some uses for static barrier:

Eternity vault, you can use it on someone during their duel and it won't count as a heal. You can static barrier everyone before a pull....