Hidden Achievement: Data Mining - Bugged or am I just dumb?

CrazyMcGee

Hey there, I am trying to complete the hidden Data Mining achievement and I thought I had them all, but no achievement. Can anyone help me out please? What am I missing or is it bugged?

I have done:

Alderaan

Ulgo Defense Droid (Northeastern Kaamos Territory)

Corellia – Labor Valley

Beharan Security Droid

Damaged Scanner Droid

Damaged Security Droid

Corellia – The Black Hole

Hypermatter Sentinel Droid

Tatooine

Berserk Czerka Droid (The Southwestern Dune Sea)

Nar Shaddaa – Network Security District

R4-GL (World Boss)

Renegade Astromech

Renegade Security Droid

Flashpoint Cademimu (hard mode)

EN-4C ( the first boss add)

Flashpoint Directive 7 (story mode)

Mentor (The Last Boss)

Operation Terror from Beyond (story mode)

Operator IX

Operation Terror from Beyond (hard mode)

Data Core

(Credit to Swtor-Spy)

Have I missed something? I have definitely done all these - I checked my codex entries and did the planetary ones today. All done on one character by the way.

Any help?

The one that unlocked it for me was killing the Hypermatter Sentinel Droid on the Republic side. Even though I'd just killed one the day before on an Imperial toon, for whatever reason the achievement popped up when I did it on the pub side. Previous to that, I'd gone through and redid the Corelia and the Tatooine ones.

I worked off the same list that you cite, so it's probably just a matter of going back and redoing some of them, perhaps with an opposite-faction toon.

If that doesn't work, there's a helpful CS rep or two in the CS forum that will sometimes help with things like this (i.e., they may be able to tell you what you're missing). At least one on-the-ball rep helped me out with the MCR pet (by letting me know which planet I had one missing on).

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

The one that unlocked it for me was killing the Hypermatter Sentinel Droid on the Republic side. Even though I'd just killed one the day before on an Imperial toon, for whatever reason the achievement popped up when I did it on the pub side. Previous to that, I'd gone through and redid the Corelia and the Tatooine ones.

I worked off the same list that you cite, so it's probably just a matter of going back and redoing some of them, perhaps with an opposite-faction toon.

If that doesn't work, there's a helpful CS rep or two in the CS forum that will sometimes help with things like this (i.e., they may be able to tell you what you're missing). At least one on-the-ball rep helped me out with the MCR pet (by letting me know which planet I had one missing on).

See yeah, if you have gotten it, then the answer I got was just a cop-out. It's not bugged, I am missing something (even though I have done it all).

Interesting what you said about cross-faction, I might try redoing it with the opposite faction. I did it all on one toon (pub) because I know sometimes these things bug out if you do them across toons.

I'll take your advice and redo the planetary ones with an Imp, thanks :) I might try posting in CS and see if any kind person can check and see what I am missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than making another thread; I'm having the same issue... I believe.

I have gone through all of the open planet kills on the list for the achievement with toons on both Imp and Pub side. Additionally, I've the codex entries for the World Boss, Flash Point kills, and Op9 fights... but to insure they were counted regardless, I have killed the World Boss both Imp and Pub side, and performed the Op9 (and data core) kills both Imp and Pub side.

I have however not taken care of the flashpoint bosses Pub side yet, however as I've gone through notching out each of these kills numerous times over for different toons and factions, I'm left feeling that I am either missing something else entirely or am bugged?

To get this achievement, the kills don't have to be performed in any particular order? and/or since it is a "legacy" achievement the kills don't necessarily need to be on the same toon? Are these correct thoughts? Did the OP (if you see this) get his/her issue figured out?

Any assistance to this dilemma is appreciated.

Edited by RatPoison

Hey there, yup, I'm subscribed to this thread :)

Still haven't gotten the achievement. I have been doing the same as you, trying to do everything again and do it on both factions, etc.

I know that I have done everything on one toon on Pub side, so I have been trying to redo on Imp side too - some of these are kind of hard to get done again e.g. Mentor on SM is hard because we can't group find anymore at 55.

I wonder if codex entries are counting e.g. maybe we need to have done these things again since 2.0? I may not have done e.g. Mentor again, so I'm levelling an alt to try and get that done, although then I worry that it won't be on the same toon. But trying as a 55 to beg for a D7 SM group is kind of tricky.

Honestly, I hate hidden achievements. I applaud the idea, but everything in the game is just too buggy. We've given people the challenge of working it out now - let's update and make this visible (like they did with the MCR-99 droids) and then we could see which bit is bugged.

Sorry BW, but until these things work properly, I just don't think we are getting enjoyment from hidden achievements. Please reveal this one and we can work out what the problem is.

I was screwing around this evening and ended up back on Nar Shaddaa and figured I'd go bump off the droids and world boss on the list while poking around. This was on my primary imperial toon which had already done the whole list... but upon killing the world boss, I received the achievement.

The world boss is the only one off the list that I didn't kill for this guy on the list when I was actually trying for the achievement (though I do have the codex from previous kills). I did however kill the world boss on a different imp toon and a pub toon earlier this week.

As such... I'm of the mind that all the kills must be on a single toon.

It may be required that it be done completely for both factions for particular toons as well, as in review of things, it appears I have not killed OP9 (and the data cores) pub side in hard mode as of yet. I've also still not done the two flashpoints pub side either.

Double up on all the open world kills for both factions including the world boss, and see where that gets you?

Glad that you found a solution to this. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with doing it all on one character, as I only redid a few things on the pub side after doing them on the imp side, and the achievement popped up for my Sentinel. I know for a fact I've never taken her into a HM 55 flashpoint, because I never bothered to gear her up after 2.0, so there's no way I could have gotten the Cademimu achievement on that Sentinel.

Also, D7 SM should be pretty easily soloable for a 55 in 66-69 gear and a healing companion. I've done this 10x solo since 2.0 for some of the SM flashpoint achievements with a sorc and a hybrid leth/healing scoundrel (who had plenty of 63s still on her)--so just try doing it by yourself.

Otherwise, I do agree with both of the sentiments regarding hidden achievements. I had to get CS help to finish the MCR-100 hidden one, since I couldn't figure out what I'd missed.

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

Glad that you found a solution to this. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with doing it all on one character, as I only redid a few things on the pub side after doing them on the imp side, and the achievement popped up for my Sentinel.

I agree. As noted in my issue, there were some gaps in flashpoints and operation related kills on the list between factions.

Killing the world boss on my imperial toon (previously had killed it on a pub a day earlier and had killed the world boss a while while back on the imp toon) is what popped completion.

Seems to be, run all the open world kills on both factions, and then start pecking through the operations and flashpoints to clear up any gray areas. It'll eventually pop complete.

• 3 months later...
You asked the CS folks on the forum, right? In-game CS is useless for anything besides restoring items/comms.

I asked in-game CS. I'll try forum CS and see if they reply, but I doubt it :( I'm just trying to redo them all on both factions. It's kinda dumb because factions shouldn't matter, but some people seem to be finding it does. I know I have done them all, but I don't think I have done them all on both factions, so I am working on that.

• 1 month later...

Did you finally got your achievement ?

And if yes, what popped it to you ?

Other couple of questions:

Is the 'Data Core' mob from TfB HM - part of Operator fight ? Didn't see any 'Data Core' in trash, only Data Core I, II etc

Also is ops size matter ? 8man or 16man ?

Thinking about that cause didn't get Operator kill only in 8man SM

Talked to CS and only get the link to this topic, nothing more

Did you finally got your achievement ?

And if yes, what popped it to you ?

Other couple of questions:

Is the 'Data Core' mob from TfB HM - part of Operator fight ? Didn't see any 'Data Core' in trash, only Data Core I, II etc

Also is ops size matter ? 8man or 16man ?

Thinking about that cause didn't get Operator kill only in 8man SM

Talked to CS and only get the link to this topic, nothing more

Nope, still no achievement and CS were no help. Lol, love that they are now referring you to this topic!

I'm not sure what the issue is. There is clearly a bug or bugs, I suspect along the lines of what you are suggesting e.g. maybe it only triggers for Imperial 16M TfB SM or something. But cause it's hidden, we can't track it down.

So I know I have done everything on the list, but now I am trying to redo it in different combinations e.g. both factions, post 2.0, 8M/16M etc.

I haven't got it yet and it's annoying. Frankly, I'm not sure what the value of having it hidden is. If I could see which one was bugged then I would only have to redo that one!

BW, please unhide this! You unhid the MCR droids, now please unhide this. Who is benefitting from it being hidden??

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the achievement today: Here is what I did.

On Rep side with the same character I killed all the world spawns. Including the world boss.

Rep side I did Cademimu, Op 9 SM and HM

On the Imp side I did the world spawns, except I didn't kill the world boss. I didn't do FPs.

A guild mate of mine pointed out that the Beharen Security Droid is NOT the Elite, it's just a normal that has a longish respawn who spawns in front of the Elite. When I went back to Corellia and killed this normal dude, the achievement popped for me.

I have no idea whatsoever what the set of conditions is that cause this achievement to complete. But, I will point out that I did it over the course of several months. The World spawns I killed in 1 day on both sides, except the WB on Imp side. Op9 and the Core I'd done earlier in my post 2.0 career.

I'm sorry that I can't provide a more effective roadmap for completion. But the achievement itself does complete.

Just wondering, can I ask someone who has this achievement to link it and see what I missing ? At least it works for others, need to find someone on Red Eclipse with that

I do have the achievement, but linking it won't help since that shows the linker's progress and not your own. The only way to check it would be if someone in your guild completes it and then clicking on the notification.

I got the achievement back in Juni 2013, so I know that has definitely been achievable in the past; I don't know if it is bugged ATM.

Edited by Jerba

• 2 weeks later...