3.0 Mercenary/Commando DPS by Hotwired

Gyronamics

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your guide!

I'm an old assault spec (away from the game 7 to 8 months.) I always found Full Auto to be a little clunky to me and enjoyed using charged bolt for the HIB reset. Is it possible to have a viable rotation without Full Auto?

Sorry to butt in, but no one was answering this :)

Considering Full Auto is the 2nd highest DPS ability for Assault no there isn't.

What 3.0 did was bump up the damage of Full Auto to make it essential, something like Master Strike for knights.

At the same time a lot of damage was stripped out of Charged Bolts. Right now Charged Bolts is one of the weakest single target abilities a commando can use. It's behind Stockstrike and sometimes Explosive Round (depending on spec and procs).

As a result when doing a rotation it's compulsory to have as many Full Auto uses as possible because the alternative is hugely less damaging. Roughly when a Full Auto is about 9000 damage (for 24 energy) Charged Bolt will be about 3000 damage (for 15 energy).

Clearly no competition.

The only reason Charged Bolts gets used as a filler attack is because with everything else on cooldown or worse damage/cost it's the best choice out of what is left.

Edited by Gyronamics

Could u do parse without PS as filler only EN and MB with this crit ?

Missile Blast can only be used below 30%hp with the proc or it costs 20 heat not 10.

Electronet is on a 90s cooldown.

I can do a parse and never use a Power Shot filler but like I say in the guide that's the basic rotation to only use Rapid Shots as filler. It never needs the resource cooldowns but also doesn't hit the highest numbers.

The basic rotation is what I do anyway when all my resource cooldowns are used because it's neutral cost and can be continued forever while waiting for resource cooldowns again.

Edited by Gyronamics

Oooooh a new stickied guide! I'll admit it brought a slight tear to my eye seeing mine removed :( but then they became tears of joy seeing a nice lookin' guide by a great player/teacher replaced it. Keep up the great work Gyro! :cool:

Heyo :)

Are you out of the game now? Not seen anything from you in a while.

Yeah got busy at work so I cut back and then when my guild disbanded decided to take an extended hiatus...still like to check in every now and then though to see the changes :)

Hey, so here's my parse could u tell me if I'm doing something wrong ?

Nothing went wrong in your parse. You did the rotation fine all the way through. Higher numbers would only be from better gear and trying for lucky parses.

I did wonder why your log said you did:

Power Shot

Mag Bolt

Power Shot

Mag Bolt

At the start because that would either be impossible or incredibly good timing.

Turned out that you did start that first Power Shot but cancelled it before it happened (which is good otherwise it would have ruined the opener). The parser saw you activate it but didn't recognise that you cancelled the ability.

If you get the chance to get a low endurance mod which is a higher grade than a mod you already have then take it.

Ignore crit/power balance while you improve your mods.

When you can't improve the grade of your mods anymore then you can look at getting to a preferred level of crit.

This is done with over 1000 crit rating and no 198 MH: http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/1402/0

Balancing crit and power is bottom of the list of things you NEED to do.

Saying that I will be looking at having less than half my current level of crit when I have the mods to do it. It's a very minor DPS issue however.

Edited by Gyronamics

Hey,

I see your 5k3 DPS on Leadboard and have questions about your Gearing:

-) Mainstat or Power Augment? (How much Mainstat have you in Terms?)

-) How much Alacrity in Terms ?

-) How much Crit in Terms (I read 1000+ and thats incredible)

Thanks and greets from T3M4

I wasn't and still am not at my preferred stats. It's not me deliberately gearing differently from what I said in the guide it's the simple fact that token gear and random gear is very crit heavy.

But like I said getting a better low endurance mod is more important than balancing power and crit.

If I recall correctly I had 1053 power and 1026 critical rating in that parse and about 4600 aim.

Can't be sure anymore because I got the chance for some new mods and slightly changed things earlier this week. I need to change 1 more mod to have BiS mods then adjust power/crit balance and get the 198 MH which involves ganking revan in HM.

I have 3 surge enhancements and 1 alacrity enhancement, it is only possible to have 4 slots for those by having 1 accuracy augment instead of a 198 accuracy enhancement.

I may alter that to 2/2 surge/alacrity. Like I said you can do any mix of surge/alacrity.

Edited by Gyronamics

Hey. really nice guide but im still searching for my perfect rotation. Nonethelss, not about that.,You mentioned you have over 1000 crit and just 1053 power. I have full BiS 192 set except one implant only and mainhand mods (got the barrel) and got some crit mods from additional tokens pieces. Is it correct i'm understanding that u want get more magshots 10k + damage ticks instead more power in them? Beacause as we all know , Power stat give u more Tech Power bonus which is imho the crit stat u gain with crit tick. Just curious before ill spend half a mil just to testing is it right.

Cheers !

Edited by starrlorrd

Hey. really nice guide but im still searching for my perfect rotation. Nonethelss, not about that.,You mentioned you have over 1000 crit and just 1053 power. I have full BiS 192 set except one implant only and mainhand mods (got the barrel) and got some crit mods from additional tokens pieces. Is it correct i'm understanding that u want get more magshots 10k + damage ticks instead more power in them? Beacause as we all know , Power stat give u more Tech Power bonus which is imho the crit stat u gain with crit tick. Just curious before ill spend half a mil just to testing is it right.

Cheers !

Tech Power is from your mainhand and offhand only, not Power.

For example my Tech Power is 1313 (192 mainhand tech power) + 1395 (198 offhand tech power) = 2708 Tech Power

If you stack power you get BIGGER crits but less crits

If you stack crit you get smaller crits but MORE crits.

The difference is not important because the DPS hardly changes.

There is an ideal range but it doesn't matter until you are in the best mods you can get.

Excellent guide! I have been using the Dulfy guide and been hitting hard, but it gives little room for mishap. I tried this out and I am consistently doing the dame I want. In the other guide, Power Surge is not used as often due to strict timers. However, I was looking over your Parsly upload and saw that you were using it before Power Shot in the first filler spot after the opener. Is this something you suggest because I didn't see it in the guide. It also seems that you might have saved it to be followed TSO+Unload.

I appreciate all the work man. Both Marzi/Fascinate and this guide are great and I think they have their places in certain fights!

I combo the following as a personal efficiency trick:

Power Surge + Power Shot

Thermal Sensor Override + Unload

Now I do this because of a bug in the system which can consume a buff if you queue it during a cast.

What that exactly means is that sometimes when you queue Thermal Sensor Override during the cast of Power Shot (because you want to use it on Unload immediately after) the Power Shot will eat the Thermal Sensor Override buff instantly.

Basically it's an energy disaster if Power Shot eats TSO instead of Unload. It can be dealt with but it guts the sustained damage burn of the opener as I'm now going to be forced to use my Vent Heat a cycle or two earlier and drop into my lower cost sustained rotation equally earlier.

This also happens with Sorcerers (I believe) with their Reckless buff that causes next (2?) abilities to have a higher crit chance, if you queue up the buff during a cast there's a chance that the current cast will eat one stack. That doesn't have the same resource consequences as TSO does for mercs however.

So when I want to use Thermal Sensor Override on Unload and I'm heavy filling with Power Shot I like to use Power Surge on the Power Shot to make it instant and therefore make sure it cant interfere with how I want the buffs to be used.

Edited by Gyronamics