Guardian/Juggernaut Vigilance/Vengeance Guide (3.0+) by Vesev and AndrewPast

veSev

some precisions about reflecting bulo blues AoEs.

8HM all blue aoe does 5k573/tick (u can see it : Here)

16HM it's better to reflect blues mass barrage cuz it does 15k9 dmg and you can stack them to reflect around 6/7 tick per round. Remaining blue AoEs does 15k925 damage too. (u can see it : here)

Edited by darth_psychose

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and holmeskywalkr analyze guardian torque & juggernaut torque, it seems that guardian reflect has a roof of reflecting damage :

-guardian torque 8hm : reflect damage max is 5573

-juggernaut torque 8hm : max it is 15k+ and avg hit is 9k+

:/ :/

Yeah I've heard about this, sucks if true for guardians, or needs to be nerfed for juggs if unintended (I may be biased but I think it should stay as is, since Reflect is a reactive ability and players should be rewarded for using it in the right spots).

However, it would still be a huge DPS boost for Guardians as I believe the fire ticks at least twice per GCD, so one reflect could get you over 10k DPS for the duration still. Its just ridiculous for Juggs though.

Yeah I've heard about this, sucks if true for guardians, or needs to be nerfed for juggs if unintended (I may be biased but I think it should stay as is, since Reflect is a reactive ability and players should be rewarded for using it in the right spots).

However, it would still be a huge DPS boost for Guardians as I believe the fire ticks at least twice per GCD, so one reflect could get you over 10k DPS for the duration still. Its just ridiculous for Juggs though.

Wait... then try using it on Doom... Doom has like 2 billion damage xD

me and holmeskywalkr analyze guardian torque & juggernaut torque, it seems that guardian reflect has a roof of reflecting damage :

-guardian torque 8hm : reflect damage max is 5573

-juggernaut torque 8hm : max it is 15k+ and avg hit is 9k+

:/ :/

Yeah, that is just insane my friend. I pulled a 4700 on Torque yesterday, but given the other parses I've seen I was rather down about it until I saw how little damage Saber Reflect was doing.

Edited by veSev

Welp, I'm finally in a raid group as a jugg dps and got my 198 offhand. Still haven't done much of the HM content, but I've got all the 198 enhancements I need and did a parse with the new OH.

http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/6920/0

Parsec said it was 4713, but I think with a 198 MH, we can easily do 5k with some lucky crits. One of my last Ravage ticks didn't go off, either, which is kind of frustrating.

I've read numerous guides saying that the old 186 Weaponmaster 2-piece ( +8% to Master Strike/Ravage) yields the best DPS...is this true only in the instance of parsing? (or any instance, for that matter) or is the 6-piece superior in every way?

I've read numerous guides saying that the old 186 Weaponmaster 2-piece ( +8% to Master Strike/Ravage) yields the best DPS...is this true only in the instance of parsing? (or any instance, for that matter) or is the 6-piece superior in every way?

I've played with both quite a bit in parsing and I personally feel my numbers are better with the current 6-piece. The same is true for me in raids. With the current boss designs, it is truly difficult to have 100% up-time to your Ravage/MS, so that is removing the benefit of the old set bonus if you're not continuously getting all three hits of Ravage/MS off.

Also, I have updated the OP to remove the guide and transition it to a Google Doc. The time to edit via the forums was truly annoying, so this will make things way easier allowing for faster updates. I also added in a video section for operation kills. If you have any submissions, please send me the links so I can add them in.

Edited by veSev

A bit offtopic, but dumb question: did saberward EVER do something different than it does today(50%defense, 25%f/t dr)?

Cause some ******* on the german forum claimed it hat 100% dr pre 2.0....

Actually, this was possible pre 2.0 when our threat drop of the time, Focused Defense, worked far differently. If you combined Saber Ward, Warding Call, and Focused Defense (which was way different than how we see it today), than you could achieve roughly 100% DR for I believe 10 seconds. However, this was a hybrid build. Back when you could swap specs in a Warzone, I remember having a team of 2-3 Guardians who did this with having Unremitting available. It was insane.

Edit: Here is a link to thread from 2012 that has the build I am talking about: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=412393

Edited by veSev

Actually, this was possible pre 2.0 when our threat drop of the time, Focused Defense, worked far differently. If you combined Saber Ward, Warding Call, and Focused Defense (which was way different than how we see it today), than you could achieve roughly 100% DR for I believe 10 seconds. However, this was a hybrid build. Back when you could swap specs in a Warzone, I remember having a team of 2-3 Guardians who did this with having Unremitting available. It was insane.

Edit: Here is a link to thread from 2012 that has the build I am talking about: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=412393

Thanks. But I mean only Saber Ward. That you achieve insane amounts of defensives by popping every cooldown at the same time should be clear^^

Thanks. But I mean only Saber Ward. That you achieve insane amounts of defensives by popping every cooldown at the same time should be clear^^

Yeah, I dont believe Saber Ward was involved in increasing DR. I could be wrong, but my guess is whoever said that is thinking of the passive "Blade Tuning" for tanks. It increases Defense to 100% for the first 2 seconds of Saber Ward. If popped correctly, you can taking zero damage, but it is all dependent on the type of damage incoming.

Edited by veSev

I am currently at 24.10% crit(~250), 68.5% surge (~330) and 110.20% accuracy (779) in mostly 192 token gear.

Would it be wise for me to drop an accuracy enhancement and power augment and add an alacrity or surge enhancement and accuracy augment?

This would put me at ~109.62 accuracy (720); and give me a little bit of alacrity (I have 0 now) or bring my surge up to around ~70%.

Basically i'm asking if its okay to be ~20 points over the accuracy requirement and leave everything as is or should I go a little lower and add in alacrity or surge?

Edited by FSavop

Yeah, I dont believe Saber Ward was involved in increasing DR. I could be wrong, but my guess is whoever said that is thinking of the passive "Blade Tuning" for tanks. It increases Defense to 100% for the first 2 seconds of Saber Ward. If popped correctly, you can taking zero damage, but it is all dependent on the type of damage incoming.

And Saber Ward isn't even a true DR increase. The F/T damage reduction is an absorb shield absorbing exactly 25% of every F/T hit without any cap. Thus, Saber Ward is multiplicative with every other DR DCD (CoP, EP for Veng, Invincible, Unstoppable, old ED, Camo).

Edited by Ryuku-sama

And Saber Ward isn't even a true DR increase. The F/T damage reduction is an absorb shield absorbing exactly 25% of every F/T hit without any cap. Thus, Saber Ward is multiplicative with every other DR DCD (CoP, EP for Veng, Invincible, Unstoppable, old ED, Camo).

Thanks again :)

Same goes for Warding Call/Invincible afaik.

RIP Saber Reflect and Kalamet's OP parses on Torque.

Lol oh no, we actually have to push our DPS instead of standing in fire......but yeah it sucks that BW took away the one fight where running 6 Guard/Jugg and 2 heals was viable.