Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

Not to mention, we all actually DID get free game time for it.

Yeah, I don't remember any other major MMO doing that for down time.

Age of conan has given game time when applying patches that havnt even gone wrong.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT!!! The servers are UP??!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!?!?!?!?

First, I called out of work to be able to play this game all day, and they ruined that... THEN I decided to bite the bullet and bought movie tickets form my wife and I for tonight, since I would be unable to play the game. NOW! the game is back up and I just wasted $25 on movie tickets that I won't use.

I DEMAND BW REFUND ME MY $25 FOR THE TICKETS I BOUGHT BECAUSE THEY BROKE THEIR GAME.

heh... kidding, but I would not be suprised if we see a few posts like this.

On a serious note: I think Bioware actually did a good job. Someting broke, the took the game down and fixed it, and in a reasonable amount of time.

LOTRO, WOW, and everquest its actually pretty standard for big downtimes.

I can't speak for LOTRO, but I call bunk on WoW and EQ.

That three-day downtime after one of the early EQ updates ended with a "Hey, it's fixed, you're welcome. Deal with it." and nearly a week of several NA servers crashing hourly after the Ulduar update in WoW required an organized call-in of several thousand for Blizzard to even acknowledge the problem. They fixed it, but started to delete any thread about the subject after that and suspend the account that made it.

Not saying that this wasn't irritating, given I missed most of my free time to play today, but a whole day free to compensate for half that time lost...

Everything went much better than expected.

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Best of luck in the future.

- But with some people getting a free month apparently at random

What do you call it? If I have a lvl 50-char, I get a free month. It doesn't matter if I have played since EA or got the game last week. If you have played 24/7 since EA and have 16 chars on two servers lvl 49, you don't get anything. If this isn't random, what do you call it? And don't give me that "we want you to try warzones" crap. The only thing that counts is if you have a lvl 50 or not. Even if you never cared about PvP, you still get a free month.

- Bioware not caring about us customers

It makes me sad to have to elaborate on this, so just compare Baldur's Gate to Mass Effect 3 to see what I mean. BW have gone more and more over to making standard action-games and have forgotten where they came from. Not to mention they have "RP" servers with no restrictions what so ever. You can probably call your char IHateBioWare and get away with it.

- patches introducing more bugs and glitches than they fixed

The servers went down unexpectedly on a Friday, and will be town until after midnight after a patch. Many other things like glitches have been there since launch, and they still are there.

- important things like a LFG-tool and the Legacy-system taking months to add

It should have been included since launch in December. Now it's April, and it's still not here.

- flashpoints being dead

I assume you don't mind spending over an hour trying to find a group before giving up?

- Flashpoints being boring and pointless after the initial, actually good FP

Esseless and Black Talon are story-driven. The rest don't even have NPCs. Why do you think so many people farm these FPs for social points?

- companion quests being so bugged it's not possible to complete them

I went to Nar Shadda with Kaliyo to help her on a quest, but the map led me to the wrong door. I told BW about this, and two patches later the bug was still there. As far as I know, it still is.

And so on and on, I've had enough. For the first time since I got the game, I've uninstalled it and will not be back. Thank you, BioWare. You have gone from the Kings of RPGs to a mediocre game developer, and now finally so far down that I'm extremely skeptical to buying anything from you again. Way to go.

Again, compare Baldur's Gate to Mass Effect 3. Do you really think they are equal as RPGs? The entire Mass Effect are action games. Dragon Age 2? Action game. DA3? "Will use the best part from DA1 and 2"... aka will be mostly an action game.

My opinion? If you say so, but the facts speak for themselves.

Edited by RepublicChicken

so then did everything we've done since 1.2 was implemented get lost? (buying gear, gear drops, skills, PVP comms, etc) anyone on to find out? I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours

A quick check just now and it looks like everything is as it was when I was last in-game (about 7 hours ago).

"Un-borked the bork"

?

The original patch notes for 1.2.0a are

1.2.0a Patch Notes

4/13/2012

General

Addressed an issue that could prevent characters from being deleted.

Made improvements to the CS ticketing system.

The dev post about the servers being back up says

All servers are now back up and running! Please note that you will download a small patch upon login (approx. 200MB).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3933908#edit3933908

What was removed/fixed/modified? Are the changes from the original patch still implemented or were they removed?

- But with some people getting a free month apparently at random

What do you call it? If I have a lvl 50-char, I get a free month. It doesn't matter if I have played since EA or got the game last week. If you have played 24/7 since EA and have 16 chars on two servers lvl 49, you don't get anything. If this isn't random, what do you call it? And don't give me that "we want you to try warzones" crap. The only thing that counts is if you have a lvl 50 or not. Even if you never cared about PvP, you still get a free month.

- Bioware not caring about us customers

It makes me sad to have to elaborate on this, so just compare Baldur's Gate to Mass Effect 3 to see what I mean. BW have gone more and more over to making standard action-games and have forgotten where they came from. Not to mention they have "RP" servers with no restrictions what so ever. You can probably call your char IHateBioWare and get away with it.

- patches introducing more bugs and glitches than they fixed

The servers went down unexpectedly on a Friday, and will be town until after midnight after a patch. Many other things like glitches have been there since launch, and they still are there.

- important things like a LFG-tool and the Legacy-system taking months to add

It should have been included since launch in December. Now it's April, and it's still not here.

- flashpoints being dead

I assume you don't mind spending over an hour trying to find a group before giving up?

- Flashpoints being boring and pointless after the initial, actually good FP

Esseless and Black Talon are story-driven. The rest don't even have NPCs. Why do you think so many people farm these FPs for social points?

- companion quests being so bugged it's not possible to complete them

I went to Nar Shadda with Kaliyo to help her on a quest, but the map led me to the wrong door. I told BW about this, and two patches later the bug was still there. As far as I know, it still is.

And so on and on, I've had enough. For the first time since I got the game, I've uninstalled it and will not be back. Thank you, BioWare. You have gone from the Kings of RPGs to a mediocre game developer, and now finally so far down that I'm extremely skeptical to buying anything from you again. Way to go.

Again, compare Baldur's Gate to Mass Effect 3. Do you really think they are equal as RPGs? The entire Mass Effect are action games. Dragon Age 2? Action game. DA3? "Will use the best part from DA1 and 2"... aka will be mostly an action game.

My opinion? If you say so, but the facts speak for themselves.

Cool story bro.

I can't speak for LOTRO, but I call bunk on WoW and EQ.

That three-day downtime after one of the early EQ updates ended with a "Hey, it's fixed, you're welcome. Deal with it." and nearly a week of several NA servers crashing hourly after the Ulduar update in WoW required an organized call-in of several thousand for Blizzard to even acknowledge the problem. They fixed it, but started to delete any thread about the subject after that and suspend the account that made it.

Not saying that this wasn't irritating, given I missed most of my free time to play today, but a whole day free to compensate for half that time lost...

Everything went much better than expected.

Lotro gave a month and scented candles (in game buff), I kid you not for an outage in December the year it launched. Right at launch I recall receiving a two day extension with wow, that was wow vanilla right about launch time, before it got big. EQ did say too bad on the first three day downtime, the seven day down time that followed netted a 30 day I am sorry to me at least. These are personal experience, didn't get an extension with STO (have a lifetime, cause who doesn't want to be a borg and play a startrek game?) or with rift. Though the last two had no significant down time.

These are my experiences, they may not be universal, but yes if a company fails to supply the service they better not expect the money. Kuddos to BW for the extension, even if they are not learning from the mistakes of others, at least they are trying to set it right.

According to UK law UK citizens have the right to demand their money back under the Sale of Goods Act 1979:

Under the Sale of Goods Act of 1979, traders are legally responsible to sell goods and services which are

‘as described’, meaning the the actual product must match any description(s) given to the customer before purchase

of satisfactory quality, that is they are of a standard that would reasonably be expected taking into consideration the price paid and description. The law considers goods of satisfactory quality to be free from minor defects, durable, safe, and of satisfactory appearance and finish.

fit for all purposes made known to the seller at the time of purchase as described

The act states that if goods turn out to not fulfill any of these criteria you have the right to demand a refund from the seller as long it is within a reasonable time of the purchase.

and im pretty sure this is not fit for purpose, people that rant give them time and all that you forget you are PAYING for this.

Key word there is reasonable. You aren't being it. It is reasonable that a game played online will have updates and patches with downtime. It is reasonable that bugs will slip through quality checks and require fixes. One of the ways we know this is reasonable is because every MMO out there has patches and downtime and bugs and fixes. Since I first started playing MMOs in 1987 (Gemstone, anyone?) every MMO I've ever looked at has had these same issues. So if it is standard for a 25 year old industry to have such issues, it is reasonable to expect this product to have them as well.

Plus, you got your compensation with an extra day of game time.

So a reasonable person might just think you don't have a leg to stand on with your argument. But by all means go see a barrister, have him tell you the same thing if he's honest, or demand money upfront if he isn't.

Hmm...

Haven't had any issues here? I patched up to 1.2 or whatever the other day, worked fine and I played fine. Logged in tonight and am downloading another patch, which is downloading fine. Have my SWTOR on all high settings with vertical sync and 50% shadows, no down time or issues there. Playing the game has been a dream honestly, it's really fun to play and it looks great.

I do all this on an older laptop with 4gb ram and a nVidia GTX 260m.

I work 40 hours a week and play a few hours a night, been playing every night since I got it last Friday I think. Had a couple glasses of wine and playing through the game last night, it was fun.

So what is the issue? I don't really see the problem...

Edited by ishootlasers

Hmm...

Haven't had any issues here? I patched up to 1.2 or whatever the other day, worked fine and I played fine. Logged in tonight and am downloading another patch, which is downloading fine. Have my SWTOR on all high settings with vertical sync and 50% shadows, no down time or issues there. Playing the game has been a dream honestly, it's really fun to play and it looks great.

I do all this on an older laptop with 4gb ram and a nVidia GTX 260m.

I work 40 hours a week and play a few hours a night, been playing every night since I got it last Friday I think. Had a couple glasses of wine and playing through the game last night, it was fun.

So what is the issue? I don't really see the problem...

Fortunatly for you for some horribly stupid pathetic reason... laptops download and run the game just fine.. go figure.

Edit: The problem is the game failes to patch correctly. For some they have noticed corrupt files. The game seems download the patch and the display an error with a repair option. However the repair option fixes abou 14 files and then begins download Main Assets 1 (I figure its downloading the entire Assets folder which shouldn't be happening as its all already there. BioWare managed to some how mess up some of our game data thats got a large amount of people in a twist about it and whats worse they are doing nothing to fix it as many may have noticed.

Edited by Nooblock

Fortunatly for you for some horribly stupid pathetic reason... laptops download and run the game just fine.. go figure.

Edit: The problem is the game failes to patch correctly. For some they have noticed corrupt files. The game seems download the patch and the display an error with a repair option. However the repair option fixes abou 14 files and then begins download Main Assets 1 (I figure its downloading the entire Assets folder which shouldn't be happening as its all already there. BioWare managed to some how mess up some of our game data thats got a large amount of people in a twist about it and whats worse they are doing nothing to fix it as many may have noticed.

NO THEY *********** DONT,is the patch dowloaded normaly as if it is like anyother patch or is it dowloaded somewhere else? please help me,those *********** protocol droids are almost as useless as my granpa's ***** !

Yeah I didn't mean to isolate myself in saying that problems don't happen elsewhere. I understand there have been some issues.

I think the issue is a lot of people rely on this as their main hobby so they are setting themselves up for a hard time when they put all their eggs in one basket. That's like investing in a Ferrari without a garage.

yeah i didn't mean to isolate myself in saying that problems don't happen elsewhere. I understand there have been some issues.

I think the issue is a lot of people rely on this as their main hobby so they are setting themselves up for a hard time when they put all their eggs in one basket. That's like investing in a ferrari without a garage.

would you just answer the *********** quistion,i've been having probs for about 2 weeks now,it's real *********** iritating !!!!

Yeah I didn't mean to isolate myself in saying that problems don't happen elsewhere. I understand there have been some issues.

I think the issue is a lot of people rely on this as their main hobby so they are setting themselves up for a hard time when they put all their eggs in one basket. That's like investing in a Ferrari without a garage.

This isn't my only hobby, I work at home and have been doing so for the past 2 days, I logged off at 10 PM EDT Wednesday night and did not do any of the prepatching. I log in yesterday to start downloading the data. After that it messes up and I come to forums to see that hundreds are having the same issue. I figure ok its gonna take some time they will fix it in the morning. I wake up to see not only did they sneak in a time change on the downtime, I also noticed two pitiful updates that did not include a thing to fix the patch system or if they were even aware there was an issue. I then saw there were taking the servers down for another long downtime which I thought was there fix, nope patched the game again to realize that once again nothing was done to fix the patch system.

Im not upset the game is down, Ive got plenty to do im upset because they are not showing any signs of caring no matter how much information or tickets I send, and I keep getting comments from what seems to be forum techs telling me to reinstall the game which is not an option because I had to download it in the first place on a limited internet over 2 months.

Wall of Text - Critical Hit (12k)

Remember that inside employees said this would actually happen lol, it ironic that people whom even worked on the game said it is full of problems, bad coding and will not live up to the hype. Atm they are in damage control that why so much time is being throw out but truth is most us dont like the game so dont even feel like wasting bandwidth to download the big patches knowing it just going be more problems and isnt even content worth looking into, honestly they have ruined there own game by launching it two early it needed 4-6months more development time if not a year to polish it properly and add decent content and options and fact it is entire instanced is also stupid wasnt this advertised as open world. people are so blind they think they doing you favour by giving you 30 days free it just to keep people around hoping they get interest in game again, it a marketing ploy because game is struggling.