Do we lack CC(Crowd Control)?

Xargas

I'm doing mostly PvP and I noticed one thing while fighting ranged classes.... But before I say my say let point out that I am a noob and haven't reached 70 or done 70 PvP.... So, what I noticed that they have a lot of interrupts and stuns, one class that I battled stunned me at least two times, not to mention interrupts, so my question as mention above. do we lack in CC department? It's fun avoiding melees and stuff, since slow utility and slow ability works well, but when it comes to ranged classes.... One interrupt(if you don't count push back thing AOE) and one stun... And they seem to out DPS me, as I have heard we got nerfed pretty badly in DPS so that and lack of CC is kind of mind bugging. I mean the game design itself is retarded then, if we lack in DPS AND, CC then we are kind of like butter under hot knife. Do the devs hate sorcs/sages that much? In anyway, if I am mistaken explain me how it goes at 70 PvP please.

Aaaaand as I do in all my posts about sorc, BUFF SURVIVABILITY!!! :)

Thank you for reading, and may the force serve you well.:rak_03:

Eheh, you'll see in the end that swtor is probably the game with the most cc available in PvP. We have a ton of them, and it's in fact often too much. If you want more cc, take the Backlash utility, and don't play sorc like a melee.

There is various utilities that allow you to extend your survivability in a fight, what I personally recommend to take are the following :

Empty Body - Sith Defiance

Suppression - Torturous Tactics

Emersion - Backlash - Shapeless Spirit

Force Mobility

Those points can give you what you need to survive longer in PvP, as well as being able to move non-stop, kite opponents as well as keeping some cc abilities if you need some. :D

That's all I can give you for advice, and no, no class needs more cc, don't let peoples get near you and you should be cool :D

• 1 month later...