Armorings broken?

Iciet

In the patch notes, it states:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

I've tried this multiple times with different levels of gear and nothing has happened aside from the armoring itself being applied. Can I get some clarification on this?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

I've tried this multiple times with different levels of gear and nothing has happened aside from the armoring itself being applied. Can I get some clarification on this?

they said a while back that the set bonus for the current gear (tionese, columi, rakata, champion, cneturion, battlemaster) will remain attached to the shell. you'll only be able to move the set bonus of the new end game gear.

Bad choice of words, the armoring themselves need to have the set bonuses and not the items they remove them from.

Seeing how pre-1.2 endgame gear had the set bonuses applied to the item and not the armoring, you cannot move the set bonuses along with the armoring from these items.

They explained this perfectly in a blog post and it is a shame they did not also made it more clear in their patch notes. If they just put the first 'with set bonuses' after armoring and made it 'Armorings with set bonuses' instead of 'Armoring from items with set bonuses', it would have been a lot clearer. A mistake on Bioware's part for sure.

Edited by Devlonir

States many times by the devs, this only applies to Campaign and War Hero gear. None of the old gear has the set bonus attached to armoring (although the armoring mod can now be removed on the old sets, the set bonus does not move with it).

Given that this was a major (and very hyped) feature of 1.2, the fact that it doesn't work for pre-Campaign PvE gear is a significant issue. I know it's not a bug, but frankly I don't care. The patch notes and all of the communication from BioWare was quite deceptive on this issue. (note that even the revised patch notes don't make this very clear) The fact that people actually had to move mods over into orange sets (at significant in-game cost) to discover that this isn't working is shameful. At the very least, these people deserve an in-game refund of those credit costs. The better solution would be to just change the pre-1.2 armorings so that they actually carry the set bonus as promised.

This change needs to be communicated very clearly to everyone involved, as it nearly amounts to a bait-and-switch on the 1.2 feature set.

Given that this was a major (and very hyped) feature of 1.2, the fact that it doesn't work for pre-Campaign PvE gear is a significant issue. I know it's not a bug, but frankly I don't care. The patch notes and all of the communication from BioWare was quite deceptive on this issue. (note that even the revised patch notes don't make this very clear) The fact that people actually had to move mods over into orange sets (at significant in-game cost) to discover that this isn't working is shameful. At the very least, these people deserve an in-game refund of those credit costs. The better solution would be to just change the pre-1.2 armorings so that they actually carry the set bonus as promised.

This change needs to be communicated very clearly to everyone involved, as it nearly amounts to a bait-and-switch on the 1.2 feature set.

It was said over and over again before the patch came out. Also the fact that the armoring were just armoring and nothing special listed on their tooltip is also a hint.

It is working as intended. There is nothing to fix.

Also just so you are clear, If you buy some bind on pickup equipment and then later realize that you cannot use it because it is for a difference class, or that you cannot use it because you don't meet the required light/dark or social requirement, you will NOT get a refund for that either.

From the Patch Notes:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

---

So... Tionese gear, for example, has a set bonus. It was moved to the Armoring mod, correct? When I moved the armoring mod to my orange gear, it showed that it transferred the set bonus to my orange gear. And to clarify, this was brand new Tionese gear that I purchased after the patch was implemented.

So, has my set bonus really transferred? Or is that just a ghost?

It's working as intended. I was pretty bummed when I learned set bonuses on existing gear wouldn't be transferable. After months of 'wait til 1.2, you'll be able to swap your armorings out into anything.', we're pretty much being told we'll have to farm an entire new set of gear to do so.

I still love this game, but am slowly losing confidence in the dev team. I'm not the only one.

Edited by Zannis

It's strange though, because it worked on the PTS - I transferred my Rakata stuff into Orange gear that I wanted to use, obviously I didn't bother changing the helm as it was hidden, and I retained the set bonus, so I just assumed the notes were wrong (It's not like that's not happened before).

So... Tionese gear, for example, has a set bonus. It was moved to the Armoring mod, correct? When I moved the armoring mod to my orange gear, it showed that it transferred the set bonus to my orange gear. And to clarify, this was brand new Tionese gear that I purchased after the patch was implemented.

So, has my set bonus really transferred? Or is that just a ghost?

Ah ha! This does appear to be working. So, if you buy new Rakata/Columi/Tionese gear, you the armoring on it appears to carry the set bonus. I didn't do this with a full set (too expensive), but I was able to reproduce the Tionese results from above. It would be nice to get some confirmation on this, but at least it appears to be less grim than earlier.

Still means that those of us who snagged Rakata gear pre-1.2 are SOL, but at least it's not universally awful.

Sorry but a lot of people in our guild did remod their stuff back to original for hundreds of thousands of credits and you guys say it's a typo ?

people are already leaving the guild and giving up their officer just because half of the stuff promised was taken away in the last 2 days before patch.

Especially as the patchnotes still say that it's possible.Besides the changes to the armor sets werent' done either.

I'm not a doomsayer and i will go on playing but more and more people leave the guild on a daily basis and we are already down to around 50ppl back from 150.

I went through all of this already in SWG why is it always Star Wars games that have to go this way.....

Thanks for the post about this - we'll get that note updated so that it's more clear!

Great that something like this was never said in the patchnotes.

Why do i read patchnotes every time they change when the really important things aren't told there?

Nice to hear that this has been said several times in Threads with hundreds of Pages in the PTs Forum, but not where it belongs, in the Patchnotes.

Thanks Bioware for the awesome game, yes i like it very much, but what i dont like is a bad information policy.

Yes it's incredibly lame. Of course now that very long PTS thread is gone, but it's not like we received any feedback there either. Totally deceptive on bw's part, and they couldnt even bring themselves to make it clear in the patch notes.

So you get to re-grind your gear all over again for no particular reason other than bw was too lazy to just put the set bonus on the armouring item THAT WAS CREATED for existing top tier armour, and we're no closer to being able to customize our looks than we were before.

Oh, except for the two weeks you spend doing 1-49.

Ah ha! This does appear to be working. So, if you buy new Rakata/Columi/Tionese gear, you the armoring on it appears to carry the set bonus. I didn't do this with a full set (too expensive), but I was able to reproduce the Tionese results from above. It would be nice to get some confirmation on this, but at least it appears to be less grim than earlier.

Still means that those of us who snagged Rakata gear pre-1.2 are SOL, but at least it's not universally awful.

If I would have known, I would have kept my Rakata tokens and waited for the patch. It's not like the change from Columi to Rakata is significant (mainly due to poor stat itemization on the Rakata gear.) Looks like our raid group's SW companion's are boned, because I'm rolling on all this stuff again!!! Muahahahahaha.

This is my #1 issue with the patch... Wait till 1.2, they said. You can transfer everything to Orange (Custom) gear, they said. Here we are and we've been tricked by the good old bait & switch move.

My #2 issue is that Rakata gear STILL gives Marauders way too much Accuracy... What the hell BioWare? Are you implying that my Marauder can't swing a glowstick from 3 feet away and still hit someone? I'm not that blind...

BioWare things to do:

1) Fix pre-1.2 Tionese/Columi/Rakata armor sets so that the set bonus is tied to the armoring.

2) Fix the retarded stat itemization on Rakata gear so we can stop changing those pesky 58 level enhancements down to the 56 level... I know Georg has a ***** for Accuracy, but, as the game stands now, there is no benefit to having this superfluous amount of Accuracy...

Edited by RMIGZ

This is ridiculous. If you're going to make the stuff fully mod-able so that "people can look how they want endgame", like has been said for months by the Devs, then it should be fully viable. Every set bonus should transfer, or none of them should, period.

I could live with the ranked warzones being pushed back, but this is a kick in the face to anyone who doesn't want their toon to look like crap in this game.

Thanks so much, Bioware.

Edited by RGMetal

This...

is...

*********** ridiculous...

Stripping out the mods from BM gear to put them in other gear... 500k+ credits to find out some *********** assmuppet high on PCP has decided that it's only the armorings coming from the rating 146+ gear that will transfer setbonus'.

If I wasn't angry with 1.2 not bringing rated warzones, I am now.

Awesome job guys.. really!

I really don't understand why this wasn't fully retroactive. What's the point of being able to remove mods from item sets, if they no longer function as such after the transfer? I wasted a few hundred thousand credits transfering over my PVP gear's mods to normal orange stuff. I would not have done that if the information had been clear from the get-go. Edited by starschwar

I am so angery over this issue I want to be very careful what I post here as insults are not my style. I was SO excited that my Sage was going to look like a Jedi again after the patch. Now I learn this is only true if i give up the set bonus that I worked so hard to get.

I know that posting my anger here won't change anything, so I am closing my account in hope that maybe if enough other players do the same, bioware will right this wrong.

Allworth