Where are the Public Dungeons/Flashpoints?

One thing I really liked about Everquest and other old school online games were the Public Dungeons. A dungeon you could go and meet new people and build new friendships while exploring the zone. Seems like Everything in this game is an Instance. Edited by Mollt

You'll be disappointed to know that all Flashpoints and Ops are instanced. There are many heroic areas on the planets though, perhaps hanging around them on a populated server would be similar to what you're looking for.

I played EQ2 and a bit of EQ and I know what you're talking about. TOR's Heroics are the closest thing to what you're looking for. Most of them are in the open-world so you can bump into another group clearing at the same time you are. However, there are also heroics that are instanced (like End of Torvix on corellia).

Looks like you're stuck with meeting people via advertising in general chat until group-finder comes out in a month or two.

The majority of people disliked opened/public dungeons based on the fact that you had a great amount of competition on some of the names. SoE stop putting them in EQ2 in the last expansion i played even.

Those were some of the funnest times I had in those games, fighting over who is camping what. Racing to kill a boss before another group gets there. Then bragging about how you got there first. I don't understand why games now hardly ever have those kinds of zones,