Wiki

DuntaCoral

Hello all,

So I was looking through the Master Crafter section and saw that someone thought a Wiki would be the best option to keep that particular part of our Server going. I have laid the ground work on getting those up and am working with the former OP of the Master Crafter section to do that. My question for you all is this...

Should we open the wiki to more then just master crafters?

By this I mostly mean letting guilds make pages for themselves, and clearing a lot of the clutter on our boards from that. Could also keep up our Raid Progressions as well, and just streamline a lot of the processes we have here.

Just looking for thoughts on it before I share the Wiki out (Still not fully ready for viewing yet sry). Even if you have other thoughts on how to utilize the tech in other ways.

-Ev/Dunta

-Edit-

The Wiki is now open!

Come check it out, add your input and lets get this started off. To ensure new players to the server can find their way to the wiki, every time you edit feel free to post on this forum to keep the topic up top! Thanks to everyone in advance who hopefully will help make this a critical part of our Server Community.

http://swtorshadowlands.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by DuntaCoral

Alright, well here is the Wiki that I made. It is still very much bare bones since I don't have a lot on there and am working on the coding for the crafters. Please feel free to add comments, make statements, add pictures, just all around make it look pretty. Also feel free to throw your Guild up there and give them their own page to help get the word out.

Just to keep this up at the top of the server, every time you make an edit how about we post here, that will ensure we get the flow needed to keep the wiki up and running.

Without further adieu

Alright, well here is the Wiki that I made. It is still very much bare bones since I don't have a lot on there and am working on the coding for the crafters. Please feel free to add comments, make statements, add pictures, just all around make it look pretty. Also feel free to throw your Guild up there and give them their own page to help get the word out.

Just to keep this up at the top of the server, every time you make an edit how about we post here, that will ensure we get the flow needed to keep the wiki up and running.

Without further adieu

Hey glad you decided to go with a wiki. Easily the best thing for the crafting and the guild information. If you don't mind, I'm going to take a look at the wiki this weekend and try to help format the wiki a bit better (I know its just in infancy right now, but the sooner it's organized the easier it is to maintain).

But most importantly, bravo to taking on such an endeavor as to create the wiki for the server. *golf clap*

Now to find out if people will use it...

Thank a lot for the support! I know a little about how to use and set one up from past experience but I would love any help I can get. Also a shout out to whoever was the original idea wo/man on this, since I saw it in a previous forum.

Also I have the first 2 sections of Crafting done so check them out and tell me how they look. Unfortunately the code is different from SWTOR forum code so I have had to make some changes but it still appears to be functional.

-Ev/Dunta

Edited by DuntaCoral

I added my armstech toon's name for adv skill barrel 27. Using the template you had for that category I created an entry in cybertech for adv skill armoring 27.

Is the intention of this list to keep it to the 27's only, or is it expanded to 26's as well?

"Endgame" schematics are a relatively new thing to me here.

I added my armstech toon's name for adv skill barrel 27. Using the template you had for that category I created an entry in cybertech for adv skill armoring 27.

Is the intention of this list to keep it to the 27's only, or is it expanded to 26's as well?

"Endgame" schematics are a relatively new thing to me here.

26's as well. Blackhole level stuff just in case people are looking for it. Also are you Republic or Empire just so we can seperate.

I added my thoughts for a PvP Bounty Board...

Page could include Bounties;

Poster would be required to put: Mark's name/Faction/Reward

Poster could (optional) provide: Mugshot of Mark/Description of Mark's reason for Bounty

Bounty Hunter could provide: Killshot photo/Eulogy

Haha, I love the bounty idea... that would make this a lot of fun! Server events to take down a couple of people >_<

Also I made the first "guild" page, so give it a look see. It, like the rest is a pretty basic template but I think it will help us get the job done. Now everyone go post the wiki link in their guild websites so we can get this thing rolling!

Thanks for all the help as well!

-Ev/Dunta

Edited by DuntaCoral

Would anyone be opposed to me moving all of the crafting to a single page and using a TOC and jump tags?

EDIT: (trying not to double post) I added a Template for guilds, the template is called 'guild infobox'. Here is documentation on how to add it on your guilds page.

Edited by Xiij

I am trying to do the good 'ol spell check on some of the pages...

Making my friend Dunta look better, with all the correct spellings and such!

Found a few errors, and fixed them.

I will keep an eye on the wiki as well, and try to keep my monkey pics to a minimum!

Mwari

updated the Cybertech page with new crafters.

Any ideas how to get traffic flow up no the page?

Other than just trying to keep this thread at the top, there is no way to encourage people to use it. Maybe let people know on fleet and stuff might help as well. Also trying to get the word out on other threads that this is available to be used.

Updated the cybertech armorings section.

On another note, on the talk page for the main page (here), we have some stuff that should be discussed. I'm putting a link and the base ideas here on the forum so we can stir up some discussion on either place (if you discuss on the wiki please sign your post with ~~~~).

• PvP Idea: Bounty Board? Create a page where people can put up Bounties on individual players. (Include: Name/Reward; Optional: Brief Description of Grievance and Mugshot) Be creative, when the Bounty Hunter completes the mark, take a snapshot for posting. Provide an Eulogy?

I really like this idea actually. How would it be run? -Dunta/Ev

• Server Event Bulletin Board: Have a page so people can put up player sponsored event, links to the forum thread, sponsoring guild/player, brief details. Seems like this would be helpful for things like the +10 stats datacron runs people do or Ranked WZ's (posting queue times and such) or something like the 1v1 duel tournament that is being organized now.

Ok, another great idea, but would it just be an open page where people can post? Or do we want to make it a running page where we have to delete after each function? -Dunta/Ev

What I had in mind was to have an open page where people could post, something like a table of current or upcoming events. If they want to create a specific page for the even, they can link to it from the table or if they don't they can link the swtor forum topic associated. I would definately think that whoever adds the function would then be responsible for deleting the funciton after the function ended. Xiij (talk) 21:03, February 7, 2013 (UTC)

• Ops Progression: We need an idea as far as verification goes on ops progression. On the Forums it's pretty simple, you just upload an image of the kill and it's verified. Do we just have people add their images via a reference tag? Do we just copy the verified ones from the forum and say that ours is just a copy of that? Do we do something else? Xiij (talk) 04:46, February 8, 2013 (UTC)

Anyone with any comments to these three ideas please post here or on the forum. Or if you have an idea for the wiki please post here or on the forum. Thanks.

Had a look at the wiki and came across a user page, mwari. The guy had added a picture of a monkey and I couldnt help noticing that it looked like Cambodia (the red soil, the vegetation and somewhat blurry letters on the sign in the back). According to the picture name it really is from Cambodia too, so what are the odds of that? I have some crazy memories from that country. Good times.

Had a look at the wiki and came across a user page, mwari. The guy had added a picture of a monkey and I couldnt help noticing that it looked like Cambodia (the red soil, the vegetation and somewhat blurry letters on the sign in the back). According to the picture name it really is from Cambodia too, so what are the odds of that? I have some crazy memories from that country. Good times.

That would be me!

My wife is originally from Cambodia, and we just went for a 5 week visit!

Anyway, back to the Wiki, getting my spell checker out!

Mwari

Because I don't really know how to edit or add to the pages and what not thought I could post here so that someone could do it for me?

Saleena (imperial) can craft the Hazmat Bulwark MK-3 Implant (89 str, 128 end, 60 shield, 52 absorb) same mats as it is for the pummeler's. I'd edit it myself but I couldn't figure out how.