Developer Update: Overview of the Planet Makeb

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely irrelevant to the blog itself, but...

That's a pretty looking planet. Are we going to be able to properly explore it (climb random hills and stuff?) and find picnic areas and places for screen shots, or is it the standard "you go here and here and that's it"?

Alrighty, I am actually excited about this! I was really worried that the Republic and Empire would get too distracted by the Hutt Cartel, but it sounds like the war will come in to play quite a bit here, and that makes me happy!

Can't wait, glad I preordered!

Thank you for the article. It was much appreciated.

One problem I am concerned with is, from the looks of it. The planet Makeb seems to be way over populated with human species. Meaning human NPC's. Who if any are the native dominating sentient species? Is there one?

Also, I haven't noticed any graphic improvements or use of better textures than everything else we have right now in the game. Rock faces still look overly simplistic and void of good textures, for example and seeing that sort of thing just brings me down.

The stuff we do have now in game, I look at palace/structures walls, floors etc. and some of it just looks cheap. Like it isn't finished being developed or shaded properly. Rushed even. I hope Makeb does not follow this path.

Thank you for that little bit of information on Makeb. I am super excited and cannot wait to start questing and exploring all of Makeb. I know this new planet is supposed to be as big as some of the bigger existing planets we have currently (Alderran, Hoth, etc...), but was curious to know if you can reach level 55 solely on playing all the missions on Makeb? (Meaning not including Fp's or Operations) I hope......because if so.....then that is a pretty big planet. Anyways, keep up the great work down there and please keep releasing details on Makeb.......like a release date!!?? :D

Hmmm.... So does SW:TOR have more than one lead writer? I thought Hall Hood was a lead writer as well.

In any event, I am looking forward to seeing what Makeb is like, albeit with some trepidation. I am so slow playing thru all the class stories. I still don't have a good feel for how the Republic is in an advantageous position over the Empire at the end of all 8 class stories and still don't want to spoil it for myself.

Sounds good so far, hope that this time the questing zones are not too far apart for both factions, so that we might actually see natural open world PvP... but somehow I fear that those fault lines might separate the factions again and this world might end up boring because of that. Edited by Drudenfusz

MakeB won't hit the PTS I hope I would like to see it go live and never hit the PTS my self ,,,I know ill get a get a few on that one but I'm sure it's being testing on a closed server some place id rather have a big supizes then see it on the PTS at all

if they put it in on the PTS I will go look so don't me not to ...

Edited by tanktest

I hate to be a downer, but the description kinda doesn't make much sense from a practical standpoint.

Yes we all know the Hutts are greedy, but since when is the Hutt Cartel made up of incompetitent idiots...

Your own descriptiong says that the planet seems to be trying to shake itself apart, under that logic wouldn't people be trying to get off that rock?

Why would the Hutts want to be on a planet that is shaking itself apart, does the Hutt have a death wish or something?

Yeah it sounds cool as far as the scenery, but the planet being that geologically unstable makes it look like the Hutts are complete idiots and the Republic and Empire can just sit back and relax as the Hutts get wiped out by the planet they are trying to exploit.

I hate to be a downer, but the description kinda doesn't make much sense from a practical standpoint.

Yes we all know the Hutts are greedy, but since when is the Hutt Cartel made up of incompetitent idiots...

Your own descriptiong says that the planet seems to be trying to shake itself apart, under that logic wouldn't people be trying to get off that rock?

Why would the Hutts want to be on a planet that is shaking itself apart, does the Hutt have a death wish or something?

Yeah it sounds cool as far as the scenery, but the planet being that geologically unstable makes it look like the Hutts are complete idiots and the Republic and Empire can just sit back and relax as the Hutts get wiped out by the planet they are trying to exploit.

I think that's the point of this teaser. What is causing the increased seismic activity? Is there something moving up from below, or is there a path opening up to something waiting down there? Why are teh Hutts willing to stick around to get at this mysterious advantage? Does this mean they are stupid, as you say, or brave?

These trailers are meant to intrigue us.

Never doubted story wise Makeb would deliver (well, except for class stories lol).

But the thing I'm looking it is an evolution of quest design. If Makeb is just a re-skin of the half a dozen concept repeated ad nauseam from 1-50 I'll be sorely disappointed. I hope to see a bit more variety and a bit more ambition with open world phasing and the like.