"Solo ranked" is a complete joke

Sepruzzo

Q sync some more, you cowardly fkn shtters.

Must be nice to partner up with your ol' buddies, stack the comp, be in teamspeak and gather up those cool pvp rewards as if you're actually good at the game.

Get rid of solo ranked. Just fkn get rid of this aids.

/rant

I agree, yolo ranked is a joke. BW needs to pull its head out of its *** and merge all the servers into a single server and then implement cross faction for solo ranked and maybe attempt to force the trinity for more balanced matches.

Yeah, I agree, everyone agrees. We all know what needs to be done, Bioware knows what needs to be done. And yet, its not done, no news about anything changing at all in fact, other than class balance getting even worse. Have little hope at this point for ranked in KOTFE. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Sevarn

Yeah, I agree, everyone agrees. We all know what needs to be done, Bioware knows what needs to be done. And yet, its not done, no news about anything changing at all in fact, other than class balance getting even worse. Have little hope at his point for ranked in KOTFE. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't have any hope for pvp in 4.0. At this point BW is getting what they want and I'm just hanging out for the story stuff then stop playing till new chapters come out.

PVP is a joke in this game, ranked being the laughing stock of it all.

How people can take ranked in this game serious is beyond me..... Wow you managed to get yourself a good rating with your OP class and Q syncing...... SO PRO.....

If you keep this up you might win the SWTOR OPEN tourney that bioware is hosting for a few cold million, on your way to gaming stardom....

oh wait no........

This is not a MOBA, and pvp is a sad mode that means nothing......

How people can take ranked in this game serious is beyond me..... Wow you managed to get yourself a good rating with your OP class and Q syncing...... SO PRO.....

this is so true. There's a guy in top 5 with 30+ wins and just above 1600 rating. Very not suspicious :)))))) he just must be a pro :)

yolo is a total joke. It is full of jerks who just can't take a loss like a man (or a woman). When they lose they whine and find someone to blame - usually the guy who died first. It doesn't matter that the guy took 100k and did 50k damage and the last guy standing did 70k and took 45k.

It is also full of bad matchmaking and stacking classes, like 3 powertechs vs 3 sorcs or 3 sins.

Don't take yolo seriously. Sometimes there are trinity matches, those are really fun. Otherwise, just do your best and hope your teammates do their jobs

Edited by power-alex

this is so true. There's a guy in top 5 with 30+ wins and just above 1600 rating. Very not suspicious :)))))) he just must be a pro :)

yolo is a total joke. It is full of jerks who just can't take a loss like a man (or a woman). When they lose they whine and find someone to blame - usually the guy who died first. It doesn't matter that the guy took 100k and did 50k damage and the last guy standing did 70k and took 45k.

It is also full of bad matchmaking and stacking classes, like 3 powertechs vs 3 sorcs or 3 sins.

Don't take yolo seriously. Sometimes there are trinity matches, those are really fun. Otherwise, just do your best and hope your teammates do their jobs

Agreed. Now if they squelched all the ragers that would be nice :D

Without x-server and x-faction there should be no rating. We should be in an eternal pre-season.

Most serious ranked pvp'rs, and I mean MOST, at least q dodge. With low population q sync'n is actually very easy as well. It is hard to get a full 4 but getting on the same team as one or two others is pretty easy even if only 1 faction is q'n. I know a lot of the top ranked players do this and I've actually been invited to join them. These are the same people who then act all shocked and say "you can't q sync same faction matches". It is sad.

BTW, I have gold tier chars (means nothing) so I'm not just jealous.

One funny thing that has come out of swtor pvp is it is a big reason why I don't give to human related charities anymore. I grew up poor and after making a lot of money I frequently donated to various charities. However, the last few years of watching people enjoy constant pugstomping and cheating in a low pop ranked scene has really made me doubt people. I only give to animal related charities now :) .

Edited by DarthRaika

Simple solution: No rating and no rewards for solo ranked, only for team ranked. Most q-syncers just suck at coordination and keep losing in team ranked, so they turn to solo and team up with their buddies there.

The other solution would be cross-faction, which is not happening in 4.0 according to Cartelware.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Simple solution: No rating and no rewards for solo ranked, only for team ranked. Most q-syncers just suck at coordination and keep losing in team ranked, so they turn to solo and team up with their buddies there.

The other solution would be cross-faction, which is not happening in 4.0 according to Cartelware.

Better solution, ranked 8v8, where "group" ranked is a max of 4 people in any one group, and pulling an 8v8 map means 2 teams of 4 vs 2 teams of 4, and still mainaining a solo queue which is also 8v8 ranked.

Let arenas rotate through so after many games your ability at multiple pvp formats is tested and the REAL cream can float to the top.

Must be nice to partner up with your ol' buddies, stack the comp, be in teamspeak and gather up those cool pvp rewards as if you're actually good at the game.

/rant

Solo ranked is fine, BW just chooses not to put anything ingame to combat queue synching.

Queue synching isn't even against the rules though, but a cross faction (since cross server will never happen) would rectify the issue.

Just ask them if you can join them when they queue, I'm sure they won't mind unless you are terrible at PvP.

Pvp will officially be dead in 4.0

My sub runs out in a couple months and this will be my last season of "solo" ranked.

Also, making pvp gear dirt cheap was a double edged sword. Sure, it made it easier for alt-a-holics like myself to gear up toons that would otherwise take forever, but it also gave universal access to bads across the known universe who have no clue how ranked works or what they need to do to prepare for it, and that really drives me over the edge.

I have no problem with bad players, and I try my best not to rage at them, but I say in a firm manner that they need to learn their class and do regs to valor 70 minimum, get BiS gear and THEN try your hand at ranked.

Edited by Sepruzzo

I readily disagree, which as we all know is the real truth of the matter.

As you can undoubtedly see from my 18 wins and 0 losses and 1750+ rating that solo ranked is only where the Hard Core PVPERS go. I myself would not participate in it if I had to que sync or resort to some other low-life shenanigans. In fact, I can say straight-faced that because of threads like these people like OP and all subsequent posts are those who can't pvp or dont know how to properly manage their class and they have to go do group ranked with things like coordination and backup.

I have been known to squash under-geared teams by myself in solo ranked with my skills. Yea verily, there isn't a challenge that my neck-beard cannot overcome. I then make obscene jokes about my outrageous antics and superior intellect by posting things such as as "baddies" and "roflstomped" in general chat where I can show my enemies that they are beneath the dirt on my black leather studded boots.

Following such conversation I then down a pocket of pizza that is known as "hot" from a contraption called a microwave and wipe away the reward of my victory with my 3 moon wolf howling shirt.

No OP solo ranked is not where you belong, LTP first, and then join us dear friend.

BRB mom is being a @*# again

As you can undoubtedly see from my 18 wins and 0 losses and 1750+ rating that solo ranked is only where the Hard Core PVPERS go. I myself would not participate in it if I had to que sync or resort to some other low-life shenanigans. In fact, I can say straight-faced that because of threads like these people like OP and all subsequent posts are those who can't pvp or dont know how to properly manage their class and they have to go do group ranked with things like coordination and backup.

I have been known to squash under-geared teams by myself in solo ranked with my skills. Yea verily, there isn't a challenge that my neck-beard cannot overcome. I then make obscene jokes about my outrageous antics and superior intellect by posting things such as as "baddies" and "roflstomped" in general chat where I can show my enemies that they are beneath the dirt on my black leather studded boots.

Following such conversation I then down a pocket of pizza that is known as "hot" from a contraption called a microwave and wipe away the reward of my victory with my 3 moon wolf howling shirt.

No OP solo ranked is not where you belong, LTP first, and then join us dear friend.

10/10 would neckbeard again

That last part should be your signature...

/rant

This queue sync is terrible... If people want to play in teams, make a team premade and do it... Don't troll solo with your perfect composition in voice chat...

But removing solo would kill ranked the same as team 8 man ranked died... Lots more people play solo ranked for a multitude of reasons and it is far more popular...

I agree, yolo ranked is a joke. BW needs to pull its head out of its *** and merge all the servers into a single server and then implement cross faction for solo ranked and maybe attempt to force the trinity for more balanced matches.

I agree with Rannsu... This is the the only way to fix it... But they need to make sure that their network and server hardware is upgraded to handle that sort of population... As it stands it can hardly handle it as it is on some servers

I queued solo last night and got a group with one marauder and three healers. My team was all DPS. Needless to say, we lost badly.

Why??... Tunnel the Mara hard... With a good 4 man DPS team, even 3 healers can't keep up if you go hard... Then pick the weakest healer and so on... Once you get one healer down it is relatively easy to finish the other 2...

Pvp will officially be dead in 4.0

My sub runs out in a couple months and this will be my last season of "solo" ranked.

Also, making pvp gear dirt cheap was a double edged sword. Sure, it made it easier for alt-a-holics like myself to gear up toons that would otherwise take forever, but it also gave universal access to bads across the known universe who have no clue how ranked works or what they need to do to prepare for it, and that really drives me over the edge.

I have no problem with bad players, and I try my best not to rage at them, but I say in a firm manner that they need to learn their class and do regs to valor 70 minimum, get BiS gear and THEN try your hand at ranked.

Do you likewise get mad at bads when you are matched against them or is it only when they are on your team?

Lag and ability delay also makes it a horrible experience sometimes. Especially on Makeb.

I cannot count the times I died with my hands in the air as I bubble, or get stunned or killed as I roll.

Sometimes it takes a good second or 2 between the button press and the action. Sometimes people teleport. Sometimes health goes down from 100 to 0 at once.

Lag and ability delay also makes it a horrible experience sometimes. Especially on Makeb.

I cannot count the times I died with my hands in the air as I bubble, or get stunned or killed as I roll.

Sometimes it takes a good second or 2 between the button press and the action. Sometimes people teleport. Sometimes health goes down from 100 to 0 at once.

Arenas were my only saving grace. 40-50+ fps in arenas, but regular warzones dip down to below 10fps at times. Hopefully this next maintenance patch fixes the crappy frame rates players get when there's 16 players within 10- 20m of each other.

Game is getting old pretty fast. Haven't logged on in awhile.