Brief Sever Restarts

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We are going to be restarting all servers in the next 10 minutes or so to address the stronghold decoration issue. There will not be a patch to download. Estimated downtime 1 hour or less.

Thanks all!

-eric

Hey folks,

We are going to be restarting all servers in the next 10 minutes or so to address the stronghold decoration issue. There will not be a patch to download. Estimated downtime 1 hour or less.

Thanks all!

-eric

Will this also address the “lag” issues people are running into with invisible walls?

Well good to know you guys fixed that soon, I had already fixed my stronghold but it's pretty small... I can't imagine someone going through their Rishi stronghold and personally checking every last decoration to make sure they're in the proper place.

lol :D:d

"iamfromfuture" - means that I am playing a woman from the New Republic (ABY) era moved to ~3,650 years ago. Like classic Marc Twain's Yankee. :)

P. S. But it's only one of my characters, all other chars are Old Republic natives.

P. P. S. Mess was really eradicated from strongholds, thank You. :)

Edited by iamfromfuture

Hey folks,

Thanks all!

-eric

Eric, Help me I've fallen, and i can't get up:eek:

You guys do what you gotta do:)

All stronghold decorations have returned to their previously set positions, but I am still experiencing some visual issues. Certain decorations are no longer displaying their visual effects (i.e. the Iokath battery pack). Also, objects at a distance no longer render in until I get close to them. I used to be able to stand on top of the Yavin Temple and see my starship on the landing pad starship hook. Now I cannot. My graphic settings have not changed in that time. My server is "Star Forge". This is getting ridiculous. I can't bring myself to play the game like this. Edited by thebjcalvert

We have massive lags!

My skilles go out 1 or 2 seconds after I use them.

Movment stucks quite often at hidden walls.

The roll skill doesnt function anymore, when you roll once you get sticky and need 2 seconds after roll again, sometimes than you can't move your toon anymore. Only log in/out helped me getting out there!

When I click on messages and want to get them out it takes a few seconds until it drop into my inventar.

Objects appear only when I'm very close.

Some sizes of objects are not as before.

I hope this get fixed soon, for me the game is unplayable.

Server Tulak Hord; and many people told me they have same problems.

Still bumping in invible walls and had a problem with clicking on an object, the game was telling me i was too far from it when i was just in front of it :(

I play on the Leviathan server.

Edited by Goreshaga

I have a question for those “bumping into invisible walls” and lagging.

Have any of you tried a program called ping Plotter to see if it’s a problem between you and the server?

I’m in Australia and playing on Star Forge and I’m getting the same lag spikes.

I’ve been running ping Plotter in the back ground and I’ve noticed that when it happens there is a really quick disconnect from the server (represented by a red line).

This does not appear to be my end or any of the hops between me and the server and all the pings are stable. I can only assume this is the server or Bioware network having small hicups.

If it was only me having these spikes or only people on SF or in the APAC region, I would think it was between me and the server somewhere. But because it’s happening on most servers to other people, my conclusion is it’s Bioware.

I know Owen said this was being investigated in another thread, but we’ve still had nothing official from Bioware on when this will be fixed or even if they are detecting it on their end.

Server problems is what i usually get when bumping in invisibles walls and i usually get the single dot instead of the 4 lines.

Here i still have the 4 lines but bump into walls, same as when the connexion is bad, but the connexion seems ok.

On another note, what the smurff did you guys do with hostile NPCs ?

You gave them x-ray vision or goggles ? Cuz whenever i'm exiting stealth mode they instantly see me even through solid objects, while they could not until this morning :confused:

Edited by Goreshaga

Server problems is what i usually get when bumping in invisibles walls and i usually get the single dot instead of the 4 lines.

Here i still have the 4 lines but bump into walls, same as when the connexion is bad, but the connexion seems ok.

On another note, what the smurff did you guys do with hostile NPCs ?

You gave them x-ray vision or goggles ? Cuz whenever i'm exiting stealth mode they instantly see me even through solid objects, while they could not until this morning :confused:

What server are you on?