Time To Vote For Your Assassin Class Representative!

EricMusco

Who should be your Assassin Class Representative?  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be your Assassin Class Representative?

• Kitru
    • Xinika
    • EatenByDistance
    • NamikazeNaturo
    • HoboWithAStick
    • KeyboardNinja

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Based on the nominations that many of you made in your nominations thread, the poll above highlights the top possible candidates to be your Class Representative. This poll will run until Monday, July 29th. At that point whoever has won the poll will be your new Class Representative! Around that time I will also post the schedule for each AC on when they will be submitting their top 3.

As a note, if for some reason you do not see someone who was nominated in the above poll it could be for a few reasons:

• They declined the nomination.
  • They never responded to the PM to confirm interest.
  • They were never contacted as only the candidates who appeared to have a few nominations were reached out to.
  • They have a forum account which is suspended.

Again, please vote in the poll above by Monday, July 29th. Good luck everyone!

-eric

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Remember while voting all that Xinika has done for the Assassin community over the past year and a half. From her constant posting in the class/PvP forums, to her many videos showcasing the high skill cap that the class has and the guides to help you play at such a level as well (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj04cA5Ca8B7f0Qymk19X9w). She is one of the last few people that truly cares about this game and strives to make it better, so please, do yourself a favor and vote for her for your class rep.

Also vote here for Shadow Rep: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6591835#post6591835.

Hey guys,

Remember while voting all that Xinika has done for the Assassin community over the past year and a half. From her constant posting in the class/PvP forums, to her many videos showcasing the high skill cap that the class has and the guides to help you play at such a level as well (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj04cA5Ca8B7f0Qymk19X9w). She is one of the last few people that truly cares about this game and strives to make it better, so please, do yourself a favor and vote for her for your class rep.

Also vote here for Shadow Rep: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6591835#post6591835.

Xinika has indeed done much for the sin community, unfortunately this sort of system amounts to a popularity contest more than who is the most qualified.

Having said that I'm still voting Eaten because he wants to address madness and I know he's a fellow deception player who shares my disappointment for how it has never been a viable dps spec for rated play, and he has also contributed much for the community, as keyboardninja has.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Xinika has indeed done much for the sin community, unfortunately this sort of system amounts to a popularity contest more than who is the most qualified.

Having said that I'm still voting Eaten because he wants to address madness and I know he's a fellow deception player who shares my disappointment for how it has never been a viable dps spec for rated play, and he has also contributed much for the community, as keyboardninja has.

Have any of the members with high votes not contributed a lot to this community?

Have any of the members with high votes not contributed a lot to this community?

One of those boys hadn't posted a thing on these forums for months. He even wrote a goodbye post. Only once these polls came he got all his friends to chime in and vote for him and suddenly started making 'contributions' on these forums. It's funny because the lowest guy actually did more than the inactive higher guy had done in months.

But popularity contest it is. Idiotic system.

Edited by Wreckingeyes

One of those boys hadn't posted a thing on these forums for months. He even wrote a goodbye post. Only once these polls came he got all his friends to chime in and vote for him and suddenly started making 'contributions' on these forums. It's funny because the lowest guy actually did more than the inactive higher guy had done in months.

I'll admit that of the higher numbers I'm not very familiar with EatenByDistance. So if that's who you're referring to then fair enough.

QFT and good point. People voting for someone because of advertisements or friend relations is hardly justified. Might as well just put a monkey up there because we 'like' him better. Best part is you're right too. I checked the poster's history and it's funny how true this post is.

Edited by Shadow-scale

The posts above sounds like a retaliation to the leading representatives in this poll. If i look at the poll right now, i see Wakalord and Xinika leading. If either of the 2 gets the job of class rep then i ask... what is the point of all the hostility in this thread? From what I've read (and i've read both of their posts and contributions in the forums---i have a madness pve dps and deception solo-qing pvp sin) well... those 2 people contribute to the community just fine.

>_<?

Edited by paowee

You know you've really made it in the world when random people start assaulting your integrity over an MMO ^_^

That said, I started posting shortly before the system went public and I couldn't have "chimed in" to my friends since I only just now got home from work. That part comes when I stream in the evening!

You know you've really made it in the world when random people start assaulting your integrity over an MMO ^_^

You're overly cocky for a backpedalling wannabe.

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?do=finduser&u=2036750

07.10.2013, 09:12 AM was your ONLY post made in the PVP forums (Which isn't the Assassin forums) made in months. (There are Shadows and Assassins that read y'know, their class forums rather than the trash of PvP.)

Comparing it to Shadow / Assassin active forum users such as NamikazeNaruto or Kitru. (Who kept their stuff up to date or engaged our class forums, rather than asking people to come watch them stream) I'd say you're not very useful to us. Seems all you want is a title rather than having the correct person qualified for it.

Either way, my level of care for you personally is nil. I can care less if you win or lose. I'm just calling stuff out as I see it.;)

Im fine with anyone who wants this "job" but as Ive seen before the real issue is once they get the "job" we put a lot of weight on them to somehow change a system that just cant be changed on a dime. So whomever wins..cut them some slack and try to keep the debate positive..Ive voted just not going to say for who. Good luck to the winner and to the runner ups hey keep an eye on my favorite class your input is most definitely needed. Im trusting all of you to work for the class as best as you can....but if you can convince Bioware to make us Sins a one shot indestructible god of war...I wont argue ;)

Comparing it to Shadow / Assassin active forum users such as NamikazeNaruto or Kitru. (Who kept their stuff up to date or engaged our class forums, rather than asking people to come watch them stream) I'd say you're not very useful to us. Seems all you want is a title rather than having the correct person qualified for it.

But then again both Kitru and NamikazeNaruto represent the tanking side, having a DPS Rep in Xin or Waka (for eg) would provide a slightly different perspective.

If you're referring to wakalord he's been active and streaming for the last month +.

And yeah it's a stupid system to have a popularity contest decide who gets to address class concerns, but that's not the fault of the people participating in the race. If you were going to get angry about the popularity contest you should direct your anger at bioware and not the people winning the races. All they did was participate, and frankly any of the people on that list would do a great job.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I've searched for guides and videos all over for my sin/shadow. Xeneka/Shinarika has become the only videos I will watch, always clear, precise, and with sime kick *** music to go along with them. She has posted a guide or video after just about every update it seems. Her videos include min/max guides, gear guides, guides for each spec of the class. She has done an amazing job. No I'm not a guildie of hers. I've never chatted with her. She's not on my friends list. I've never had any contact other than watching the great product she put out. If you haven't checked out her vids, go to youtube and look her up. Older updates are under shinarika. The newer ones are under aonetta era if I'm not mistaken on the spelling.

One of those boys hadn't posted a thing on these forums for months.
I see that you are advocating "qualifications" based on # of pots or amount of most recent posts. That is fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion ^_^

I'll admit that of the higher numbers I'm not very familiar
10.26.2012 . Prior to RotHC, when i was a more frequent lurker of the Sin forums for my Sin alt.

QFT and good point. People voting for someone because of advertisements or friend relations
I don't think this specific class poll's issue is with the boldened phrases above, i think this poll is "heated" because the nominations are very competitive with each other. As someone has already pointed out

Both Kitru and NamikazeNaruto... tanking side, having a DPS... in Xin or Waka... slightly different perspective.

Shadow poll lead by Kitru and then we have this poll right here between Xinika and Waka(eaten).

Let's lay some of the facts down to hopefully reduce the amount of misconception regarding the nominees.

Xinika has a lot of PVP DPS video guides on the class forums (shadow forums reposted on the sin forums or vice versa for promulgation. Because of this i will just link the ones posted for the shadows)

Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Shinarika II - Shadow PvP

[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Let's Put your spec to the test!

[Warzone Guide] Shinarika Warzonia

Truth about SWTOR's Competitive PvP and how to fix it.

Waka has a lot of PVP DPS perspectives on the class (in the PVP forums mainly)

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

do you not want to see assassins be horribly and needlessly nerfed?

Abilities hitting through shroud breaks the current state of PvP

The Four Pillars of why you should consider running a DPS assassin/shadow in YOUR rwz

same thread on the assassin forums

same thread reposted on other server forums for promulgation

Wakalord's concerns/ideas for DPS assassins/shadows

Both would be good reps. Both contributed, contributes and is contributing right now on the forum outside of this thread. So pick your poison! Everyone, the voters especially, would do well to cease fire and

keep it clean

And finally i guess we can attribute this thread to all the nominees: July Assasin questions - Let's start her up!

Off topic:

If anyone wants to talk about "sticky", keep in mind BW does not endorse class guides. The reason for this is that they do not want to give the players the perception that there is one specific way to play a class.

Excerpt: What you may have noticed is that we typically won't sticky class guides as we don't want to give the perspective that we (BioWare) are endorsing one guide as the "correct" way to play.

But if the thread will foster constructive discussion then it can be changed to a sticky after a request

Excerpt: at the least we are providing a great starting thread for people to discuss playing one specific build/AC.

Edited by paowee

I can't tell if you're talking about eaten or the two watchmen who quit the game

Why are there 3 shadows (Kitru, Xinika, KBN) on the assassin ballot? Conversely, why is an assassin (Eatenbydistance) on the shadow ballot?

I didn't see any cross-faction overlap for the other advanced classes- how come the ballots for sin/shadow are identical?