Gear favoritism

Ok so this is something I've actually heard from a lot of other people. I'm noticing that gear drops in Flashpoints have been 85% aim gear. There's been times when I've had a full Force user group and practically nothing but Aim crap dropped. Why is this? Why do Flashpoints favor Bounty Hunters/Troopers?

Ok so this is something I've actually heard from a lot of other people. I'm noticing that gear drops in Flashpoints have been 85% aim gear. There's been times when I've had a full Force user group and practically nothing but Aim crap dropped. Why is this? Why do Flashpoints favor Bounty Hunters/Troopers?

RNG is random?

we have 3-4 BH in a 8 man op, and a heavy majority of the drops are for force users.

RNG is random?

we have 3-4 BH in a 8 man op, and a heavy majority of the drops are for force users.

See as I said, I've seen the complete opposite in every single flashpoint I've run. Maybe operations favor Force users and Falshpoints favor Aim classes?

You know how when you are running a FP while levelling up the only gear that drops is gear that is usable by people present for the kill? Well I think this code is supposed to apply to HM FP's as well, but they got something wrong in the code so that it instead drops gear for the class that you are missing instead of the ones that are there. This is just a theory of mine, but from watching the drops in a lot of HM FP's it makes sense.

Try making a perfectly balanced group and see if you get mostly aim gear, I bet you are getting mostly aim stuff because you don't have a BH in your party.

You know how when you are running a FP while levelling up the only gear that drops is gear that is usable by people present for the kill? Well I think this code is supposed to apply to HM FP's as well, but they got something wrong in the code so that it instead drops gear for the class that you are missing instead of the ones that are there. This is just a theory of mine, but from watching the drops in a lot of HM FP's it makes sense.

Try making a perfectly balanced group and see if you get mostly aim gear, I bet you are getting mostly aim stuff because you don't have a BH in your party.

Actually nope. I'm talking flashpoints I've done while leveling. I actually haven't done hardmodes yet. All of my characters are severely undergeared because flashpoints favor Aim classes.

gear seems to come in streaks...don't ask why.

i.e. We went like 3 weeks without getting a single sith warrior drop, and then one night we had half of all loot drops be for sith warriors.

We've also had seven out of 10 rakata drops be for IA's in one EV, and then they went 2 weeks without getting a single one.

They dont. I suggest you go to one of the sites that has an almost full list of gear drops and you will see how wrong you are. You have just had bad loot drops.

Well heres the thing in Normal mode FP's loot seems to be based on the classes in the group. Never have had anything drop in a normal for a class that wasn't there. You can even test this by taking 1 high level class and the normal level class. Best to take 2 of the same class to get best effect.

HM FP's and OP's are just straight up RNG, I can't say why they changed that over but it is what it is.

I've found that on odd numbered Tuesdays and Sundays I have an easier time finding BH loot when there are at least 2 Sorcs in my group. Assassins DON'T COUNT towards this number, it must be Sorc AC.

Now... the opposite seems to be true if you are the Sorc. I've found that EVEN numbered Wednesdays and Saturdays will drop force gear when you've got 2 Mercs in the group. Again, Power Techs don't count.

BUT!

The best way to ensure you get the loot you need is to run the FP with 3 other chars that have yet to pick an AC. This way their AC registers as null, and the drop will automatically be tailored to the remaining party member: you.

Happy Hunting!

I've found that on odd numbered Tuesdays and Sundays I have an easier time finding BH loot when there are at least 2 Sorcs in my group. Assassins DON'T COUNT towards this number, it must be Sorc AC.

Now... the opposite seems to be true if you are the Sorc. I've found that EVEN numbered Wednesdays and Saturdays will drop force gear when you've got 2 Mercs in the group. Again, Power Techs don't count.

BUT!

The best way to ensure you get the loot you need is to run the FP with 3 other chars that have yet to pick an AC. This way their AC registers as null, and the drop will automatically be tailored to the remaining party member: you.

Happy Hunting!

Please to note if trying the above advice; Individual Results vary, Use at own risk.

Edited by Acushla