Orchee

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, there are plenty worse.

WoW

WAR

Just a couple, out of the ones ive played anyway. AoC was better, DAoC is best but old.

Ins't this the same failure of a team that did WAR?

Also, saying WoW is silly...love or hate the game you have to admit they set the CURRENT standard for MMO pvp.

Also, saying WoW is silly...love or hate the game you have to admit they set the CURRENT standard for MMO pvp.

rogue mage teams rank 1 every season with some pve heroes 2 shotting people with legendaries every other season to add a special m night shyamalan TWEEST in the mix.... id say the genre standard is pretty low.

No, it's not. It's actually pretty good. Yes, some classes and specs require more skill and player knowledge to play than others. So what? It's more rewarding if you can excel with a difficult spec. Sure, balancing may be needed here and there, WoW has been failing at balancing their PvP for over seven years.

If you suck at it and don't like it because of that, you can join the club by posting that "this and this sucks" and "this needs nerfed" and "this pvp sucks, I can't kill X".

I for one enjoy it a lot, far more than WoW PvP. I love the style and how certain things work, and I love Huttball. I love playing Deception, an Assassin spec that people think is terrible, and I love playing it correctly and doing my role in a warzone.

If you don't like it, that doesn't mean it sucks: it means you don't like it.

I think the basic PvP, far as the class vs class dynamics are actually pretty good.

Its everything else thats the problem, gearing, progression, environments.

WZ's as things go aren't bad Alderaan is fun, Voidstar isn't too bad, Huttball is tolerable but grates on the nerves after too many runs on it.

Ilum is...sad.

But the basic bones of the PvP dynamic? Pretty good and well thought out.

The original Mythic did not create WAR. So no, not the same. EA Mythic made WAR and now own DAoC also. The originals are now making Prime Battle for Dominus. Graphic wise its not for me but its a 3 faction PvP game coming out soon.

WoW

WAR

Just a couple, out of the ones ive played anyway. AoC was better, DAoC is best but old.

WAR is so many times better than this game... 27 scenarios versus 3 warzones. Oh, and their rvr system actually worked. Kill trading condoned, 7 fps, armament gathering - you people must have really low standards to consider this game anything but a pvp failure.

WoW

WAR

Saying WOW is embarrasing, everyone, even the SWTOR fan boys knows WOW PvP set the standard, I may hate everything about wow but I can't knock the pvp, it was awesome.

Having to pick from the games I have played, yes. This is easily the worst.

But I didn't play disasters like WAR or Age of Conan.

Before this, I thought it couldn't go any worse than Aion, but seems like I was wrong.

Reason? This is the first time I'm having trouble to explain what's bad about pvp in a game, because here it's broken in every possible aspect of it.

The engine is utter garbage: see Ilum. Ten years ago (with the graphic standards of ten years ago, obviously) I was able to turn down the settings on DAoC and play with 200 people on screen. Here, well, I don't need to elaborate further.

Class balance. No need to explain, really. When the 75% of any random team consist of two classes, something's very wrong. And what's their first move on class balance? Nerfing one of the least played classes, wich accidentally happens to be the most played class' hard counter. If these are the premises, I cannot see any serious pvper sticking to this garbage for more than a couple months.

Open PvP. It's meaningless, it has no impact on the galaxy and it encourages lame tactics/exploits. Ilum doesn't really add anything to the pvp experience.

Faction balance. One word comes to mind here: total amateurs. No cap on faction population? Population cap on Ilum while not capping it 50/50 for the two factions? Are you kidding me?

Warzones. Finally something salvageable from this trainwreck. Two of the maps are actually interesting. A very dumbed down version of the GvG maps on Guild Wars. Teamplay is sort of important. Too bad the whole experience is a disaster for the reasons I mentioned above.

And the third map is...words are failing me to describe the huttball monstrosity.

Various bugs/annoyances wich could be expected from some 4th rate cheap ftp garbage.

Victories not registered.

Joining losing games already in progress.

Relog bug when entering warzones from the fleet, wich STILL happens.

And to complete this disastser tour, the whole CC system.

So yes, worst pvp for me.

Edited by ShizuXIII

WAR is so many times better than this game... 27 scenarios versus 3 warzones. Oh, and their rvr system actually worked. Kill trading condoned, 7 fps, armament gathering - you people must have really low standards to consider this game anything but a pvp failure.

This PvP is still really bad. I just didnt like those 2. WoW is a cartoon, I hated it for that reason alone.

Saying WOW is embarrasing, everyone, even the SWTOR fan boys knows WOW PvP set the standard, I may hate everything about wow but I can't knock the pvp, it was awesome.

The standard?

Two MMOs have defined competitive PvP.

UO and Shadowbane. Every other MMO is a theme park PvE experience with PvP thrown in as an after thought.

I actually enjoy the fights and PvP in TOR, it needs some tweaking, variety, and a point... but it is NOWHERE near the worst ever.

Everyone says they HATE wow. I dont hate it, im just sick to death of it. But as they had all of WoW and alot of other mmos to learn from yet still came up with this peice of crap?? Yes its the worst pvp mmo if you consider the path already blazed before them.

Also add in the budget they had to work with and the amount of time they had to get it right... my opinion is its an utter failure, and im sure as they watch their server numbers dwindle they wished they had put a better team together and not just hoped to cash in on the Star Wars market.

I enjoy the PVP system. The only thing I'm not all that fond of, is the level scaling. Having more skills and skill tree points does make a difference. With that being said though, I find most people who complain about PVP only played a couple matches and then got upset by it.

Some classes take a little bit more time to figure out how to use best in PVP, before you become affective with them. A Sniper (to me) started off really easy to play in PVP and so naturally was more fun. I hated my Juggernaut at first because it seemed like he did no damage, couldn't kill anything, and died quickly. Which is why you can't run into PVP with gear fresh out of the starting area and expect to be at the top of damage or kills. PVP actually takes a little effort outside of PVP. Which means actually upgrading your gear and/or mods. After a little upgrading I actually started to enjoy playing my Juggernaut, even at the lower levels.

The standard?

Two MMOs have defined competitive PvP.

UO and Shadowbane. Every other MMO is a theme park PvE experience with PvP thrown in as an after thought.

I actually enjoy the fights and PvP in TOR, it needs some tweaking, variety, and a point... but it is NOWHERE near the worst ever.

^^^^^ This.

Miss UO :(