Which class do you focus in a warzone when an objective is not at risk?(Exclude heals

Amebia

Excluding healers and those who are attacking healers I go for the Tracer spammers. Their damage is huge if left to freecast but they collapse under the slightest pressure. After that comes the "push the Sniper out of cover" festival.

whoever is attacking friendly healers

after that, whoever is attacking me

Same from me. But when I'm on my Infil Shadow, as it's unlikely I will have someone attacking me as I'm stealthing, I'll choose a caster-type class, because my CCs litterally own them.

I hate smash spec with a passion.

Through passion, you get strength.

Edited by Altheran

Targets low on health, good powertechs and rage jugs can be easy targets if they don't have the support of a healer, the gunslinger that no one wants to attack. Pretty much depends on the team I am facing but I am node guarding more than half the time so I usually don't get the chance to pick my fights they just show up and I deal with whomever shows up to try and take my point. Edited by cycao

Targets low on health, good powertechs and rage jugs can be easy targets if they don't have the support of a healer, the gunslinger that no one wants to attack. Pretty much depends on the team I am facing but I am node guarding more than half the time so I usually don't get the chance to pick my fights they just show up and I deal with whomever shows up to try and take my point.

This. Objectives usually dictate it with me. Only time I get much of a choice is if it is a big fight over the node. From there, I look to focus fire; unless of course my team is dumb and ignoring the healers. If your team is bad though; no use worrying about it.

Cycao, Technohic... Defending the objective and taking the first who appear is fine, but the question was about "when an objective is not at risk".

Then no one? I'd be heading to an objective thus making it at risk. I likely am not going to stop for a fight away from an objective if I can help it.

As a sage, I find myself at the brunt of all the smashers, and combat sents focus. **** you guys I'm just trying to dot you up :(

Edit: Let's not forget snipers and vanguards, hell even sorcs and other sages. Why do I play this class?

Edited by Bronaimeth

You, sir, clearly don't understand the premise of this question......

Yeah. Not good at hypotheticals I guess.

If we are to assume that there is a fight, and no objectives to be had or in transition to, I suppose it just goes to whoever is threatening my healer or is already being focused. Now if I am going to be the first to attack, it depends on what AC I am playing ATM. I like to nail stealthers that come out to attack a teammate. Always better to help hill them before I become their target. Outside of that, weakest link first.

It depends on the class I'm playing

As a Smash Marauder I focus someone who doesn't have a bubble, because most of them are stun bubbles and I hate those things :(

Besides that It doesn't really matter. I like good 1on1 fights against other melee classes but it's always fun as well to go after range DPs guys who are too dumb to kite, just to see another "Nerf Mara" thread popping up in the forum ;)

As a Merc/Sage I usually go for Melees. In most cases they have no Idea where you shoot from. And when they notice and come after you, you still have plenty abilities to kite them.

I have to admit though, you do have a little disadvantage as a Merc in a 1on1 fight against a well played Marauder. But it's still manageable. Sages however should do fine against Marauders.