Foundry HM vs Revan

been reading around alot on the forums/websites and the common problem comes up.

Revan Force Lightning deals around 73k dmg instantly and one shots tank, if you have an assassin as we did you can deal with the first Force ligtning with shroud

but it seems to me that the actual channelling of this spell isnt working correct .. basicly Revan does all 3 ticks in 1 go

cause if the ticks are intended to do say 24.3k dmg per tick any tank with cooldowns used at that time can survive the first tick while the rest gets interrupted (if thats how its intended)

i couldnt find a post where this was answered as being right or bugged as yet by a bioware employee ;)

This fight has being discussed extensively. I don't think Bioware has said anything official about this. Right now this fight is pretty much a RNG dependent/gear check/reaction time check. It does seem like a bug though with how much damage it is done.

1. RNG dependent - There is no fixed % when Revan does his force lighting. All you know is that he does it soon after Force Storm. The exact % tends to depend on your DPS. For us 35% always worked. If you time it wrong, your cooldowns will have expired by the time it does tick or you didn't had a chance to press it yet. Kind of trial and error process.

2. Gear check: The first tick of lighting does about 17-18 k with all defensive cooldowns active. If your tank is undergeared, he/she won't even survive the first tick.

3. Reaction time: Whoever is doing the interrupts need to interrupt it as soon you see the cast bar. If you are by even a second then the 2nd tick will kick in and you can kiss your tank byebye. What is more, if you do miss the interrupt and Revan has killed your tank, he will switch right away to another target and subsequent tick will kill them. You also need someone else on the 2nd interrupt because Revan will recast his force lighting 4 seconds later. Usually someone dies to the 1st tick of this as well.

This fight has being discussed extensively. I don't think Bioware has said anything official about this. Right now this fight is pretty much a RNG dependent/gear check/reaction time check. It does seem like a bug though with how much damage it is done.

1. RNG dependent - There is no fixed % when Revan does his force lighting. All you know is that he does it soon after Force Storm. The exact % tends to depend on your DPS. For us 35% always worked. If you time it wrong, your cooldowns will have expired by the time it does tick or you didn't had a chance to press it yet. Kind of trial and error process.

2. Gear check: The first tick of lighting does about 17-18 k with all defensive cooldowns active. If your tank is undergeared, he/she won't even survive the first tick.

pay attention next time you do it.. it deals 73 200 something instantly on the first tick.

3. Reaction time: Whoever is doing the interrupts need to interrupt it as soon you see the cast bar. If you are by even a second then the 2nd tick will kick in and you can kiss your tank byebye. What is more, if you do miss the interrupt and Revan has killed your tank, he will switch right away to another target and subsequent tick will kill them. You also need someone else on the 2nd interrupt because Revan will recast his force lighting 4 seconds later. Usually someone dies to the 1st tick of this as well.

and to answer the interrupt i instantly interrupted when the force lightning came up just as the cast bar showed up and it still 1 shot the tank + healer and the other dps even with being interrupted instantly..

what im trying to point out is that even if you had a machine doing the interrupt the first tick goes off for 73k .. you can fully avoid it with an assassin shroud but since he casts it more than once thats out of the question at this given time

Having said that i do appreciate your attempt to explain the fight for me wich im in no need off but still a nice gesture if i had no clue what i was talking about.

what im after is either a confirmation of it working as it should or that there is something wrong with the mechanic on revan ;)

and in comparison to gear check we clear black talon on a daily basis hard mode in around 25-30min without the last boss enranging by far ;)

Revan will start casting lightning 10 seconds after his lightning storm, the tank needs to pop cooldowns, and the interrupt needs to be as soon as you see it. We got him past that point a few times, but each time after that he wouldn't start his speech and would bubble or not bubble and wipe us over and over again. Tried stopping at 5 and 6% and then the last time at about 10% and waited for his second lightning storm and then burn him down, but he still didn't start his speech.:confused:

Once this is fixed, the zone should be pretty easy.

Revan will start casting lightning 10 seconds after his lightning storm, the tank needs to pop cooldowns, and the interrupt needs to be as soon as you see it. We got him past that point a few times, but each time after that he wouldn't start his speech and would bubble or not bubble and wipe us over and over again. Tried stopping at 5 and 6% and then the last time at about 10% and waited for his second lightning storm and then burn him down, but he still didn't start his speech.:confused:

Once this is fixed, the zone should be pretty easy.

^^ the 10 second timer makes catching the FL channel and shrouding the 1st tick easily repeatable. The tricksy part, as Loy mentions, is the buggy aspect of Revan's bubble and his defeated scripting not triggering. Anyone out there have success with knowing when to stop dps to not push past his bubble trigger? With 1.1 being pushed back to iron out bugs with the new FP and Op we'll definitely be bashing our heads against this wall for the next week.

when we got him into the Force lightning phase he cast it roughly 5-6 seconds after he did the first 1 ... after the first storm

so either that fight is extremly buggy or we was just unlucky but i do not think that its intended

The bottom link is a video guide with written strategy on how to kill bugged Hard Mode Revan. Try it out.

Thanks for the vid, fun watch. We actually just had dps stay in on his Force Storm to maximize the burn phase. The damage is negligible with personal defensive cd's, hots, or even a nice IA group bubble.

That being said, we pushed him to 4-5% multiple times, his bubble triggered, but instead of starting his rp he just continued to smash faces. I know that there was a bug on regular mode where if you dps'd too hard you could accidentally push past his bubble rp so it felt like this same issue was carrying over.

We'll keep trying.

Thanks for the vid, fun watch. We actually just had dps stay in on his Force Storm to maximize the burn phase. The damage is negligible with personal defensive cd's, hots, or even a nice IA group bubble.

That being said, we pushed him to 4-5% multiple times, his bubble triggered, but instead of starting his rp he just continued to smash faces. I know that there was a bug on regular mode where if you dps'd too hard you could accidentally push past his bubble rp so it felt like this same issue was carrying over.

We'll keep trying.

Or will we..........

As for HM Revan, here are some facts about this encounter:

- AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME REVAN IS DOABLE.

- You need tank with decent gear that can pop his cooldowns to survive one tick of force lightning. Force lightning is casted somewhere between 35% and 30% of Revan's heath. If your tank dies, instant CR him.

- You need instant interrupt on the above mentioned ability so it only ticks once.

- You need very strong DPS that can burn him down from 35% - save your cooldowns for this time, with weak DPS you can't beat Revan.

- That being said, FIGHT IS BUGGED.

- When you "kill" Revan and he pops his shield that makes him immune to all incoming DMG, he still attacks players and one shots them. This should be the end of fight. If this happens to you, just wipe, try again and hope for the best.

- Not sure if the DMG done by force lightning is intended. It is possible that this hard mode encounter just requires good gear (seems unlikely, probably will get nerfed/fixed soon).

- Another minor bug I noticed is that beating him does not award player with codex entry in achievements: epic enemies tab. Conspiracy theory: BioWare intentionally made this fight impossible so people cry less about Revan being roflstomp easy boss?

We'll keep trying.

If I'm not mistaken, if you actually push him into RP phase while he's channeling an ability, it will skip RP entirely and continue face rolling your group. Be sure you're careful about that. I read they fixed this bug, but with this games ongoing issues, I wouldn't doubt if it's still there. Good luck!~

Edited by Bareyn