"Unify Colors" does not work with one-color dyes [PICS]

Jenzali

If you put a secondary-only dye in your chestpiece and then unify colors, all the other pieces of your armor get reverted to their original primary colors and receive only the secondary dye color.

Without dyes, using regular unify color:

http://i.imgur.com/pMVIM3q.jpg

With a medium-gray secondary dye module:

http://i.imgur.com/XQsBH4h.jpg

The primary color from the chestpiece should still transfer even though it is not part of a dye. Dye modules are actually reducing the capabilities of the unify colors function.

Edited by Jenzali

Yeah, I've noticed much of the same.

I have the Outlaw Duster as my chestpiece so black(prim) and yellow(sec).

My legs are the Corsec or Spymaster ones, if I change the secondary colour on my chestpiece to anything, suddenly they start colour matching primary to white even though my chestpieces primary colour has remained black. In addition my boots suddenly start using the secondary colour as the primary, which they have never done before.

Basiclly, its one giant *** cluster%$#.

http://i41.tinypic.com/29wois9.jpg

There are my results, original is left... the next two are blue and purple secondary dyes added. And I'm not even sure where the red on the helmet came from. Its almost as if the addition of secondary dyes is forcing the game to just ignore primary colours.

Still... *** boots. Why did they change from primary colour dependent to secondary?

Still... *** boots. Why did they change from primary colour dependent to secondary?

I'm thinking that's because "unify colors" can have a different palette for each slot -based on the set the chest is from-, instead of one being applied globally. Dye modules cause unify to use the same 2 colors for every piece.

This is probably why you get some 'weird' stuff... like the saberist armor causing gloves and boots to turn red even though it's fully gray. Or the trailblazer set having a black/gray chest piece that makes pants go red/gray with unify colors.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Doesn't explain the helmet, there is no red on the chestpiece at all. Before slotting the purple, its black and yellow. After slotting the purple... its black, purple and red?

I don't think armor pieces are applying the primary colour if you slot a secondary dye, they are simply defaulting to the original skin with a secondary colour added. As for the boots, unless the secondary colour is magically overiding a hidden teriary colour... there should be no change added to them. As they would be defaulting to either the original(hint: they are not purple or green) which isn't likely... or like I original post, I think the addition of a colour dye is replacing the primary slot with a secondary colour one.

Aka.. its broken.

http://i41.tinypic.com/29wois9.jpg

Its almost as if the addition of secondary dyes is forcing the game to just ignore primary colours.

As far as I can tell using a dye pack overrides the native color scheme. So to match with a secondary only dye pack you're telling it to mach (nothing)/secondary color which it's what it's doing.

Thanks for the reports! We'll be sure to look into this; once we have details, I'll get the bug posted on the Known Issues.

This would have been already known if you put this patch onto PTS. But you didn't because you knew how terrible it was. You knew that people would be disappointed and not buy anything so you kept it as hush hush as possible hoping people would spend their money before they realized what garbage it was. Great going. Now we have a garbage system that's filled with bugs.

I think testing this entire patch on the PTS would have been the wisest move. In the future, before implementing features of this magnitude they MUST be tested on the PTS first.

It is important to gauge community reaction and identify bugs before release on long anticipated features such as these IMO.

Is this only happening when previewing the secondary colors? Or is this happening after actually dying the armor? From the pics it looks like you are in the preview screen. Is there anyone who would be willing to test what the actual result would be?

If that is the case, I assume that when previewing the dye, it's not applying to the chest only, it's applying to every piece.

edit: crafting some dyes to test my theory

Edited by TrooperSev

Is this only happening when previewing the secondary colors? Or is this happening after actually dying the armor? From the pics it looks like you are in the preview screen. Is there anyone who would be willing to test what the actual result would be?

If that is the case, I assume that when previewing the dye, it's not applying to the chest only, it's applying to every piece.

edit: crafting some dyes to test my theory

It happens when applying the dye and then clicking on "Unify Colors". Please do test this. :)

After testing, the primary color on the chest does not match after using a secondary dye module.

Using a primary dye in preview(out of mats to make, so can't test) is also causing the same problem in reverse. I'm thinking what another poster said that when the dye gets added to the armor it overrides the original color scheme in unify, causing there to be no color code to use. When looking at the armor after applying, the text says

[ no color l (orange)(orange) ]

How something like this made it past the testing phase is confusing. I was able to test this in about 15 minutes and it only took that long because i had to craft.

Should have clarified initially, yeah.. it happens when you apply the dyes. Preview was just the easier way to illustrate what is going on, as my original choice was grey... a colour thats not really as noticable as purple and green. Edited by SammuelSK

Well, at least it seems like it could be potentially easy to fix. Primary-only and Secondary-only modules should have 'original color' instead of 'no color' in their "empty" slots.

Fingers crossed for quick fix.

Edited by Pietrastor

Well, at least it seems like it could be potentially easy to fix. Primary-only and Secondary-only modules should have 'original color' instead of 'no color' in their "empty" slots.

Fingers crossed for quick fix.

:jawa_redface: : "Not broken slightly used dye system is feature"

I'm thinking that's because "unify colors" can have a different palette for each slot -based on the set the chest is from-, instead of one being applied globally. Dye modules cause unify to use the same 2 colors for every piece.

This is probably why you get some 'weird' stuff... like the saberist armor causing gloves and boots to turn red even though it's fully gray. Or the trailblazer set having a black/gray chest piece that makes pants go red/gray with unify colors.

This post gets it.

This post gets it.

Using "Unify Colors" has always caused some weird color combinations to come up depending on the chest piece.

The fact that using a black/gray chest piece causes other pieces to become red/gray is not what is being discussed here. Those are glitches (design choices?) with the system and people have learned to work around them.

What is being discussed here is different. There is *no workaround* possible with this issue.

Imagine if you will, the following:

• You have a black/gray chest piece that causes *all* other pieces to also become black/grey when "Unify Colors" is used. You chose those other pieces because of their look and because the "Unify Colors" option provided you with the result you wanted.
  • You decide that you want to change the Secondary Color "gray" to "red" so you apply a Secondary Color Red Dye to your chest piece. The chest piece is now black/red and looks awesome.
  • You activate "Unify Colors" and expect all the other pieces to become black/red just as they used to become black/grey in the past. However, you now end up with:
    • a black/red chest piece.
    • a green/red pair of gloves (original color was green/white (for example), but it would become black/grey before the dye was applied)
    • a red/red pair of leg armor (original color was red/blue (for example), but it would become black/grey before the dye was applied)
    • a purple/red pair of boots (original color was purple/light blue (for example), but it would become black/grey before the dye was applied)
    • etc...

There is currently *no workaround* for this problem with the single color dyes, because it doesn't matter what other leg/glove/boots/etc gear you equip, they will always "unify" as "original color"/red while you have the Secondary Color Red Dye applied to the chest piece. As soon as you remove the dye, all other pieces again start to "unify" correctly and become black/gray (the original colors of the chest piece).