How come old patch notes are always mixed in with new?

Tatami

• Dev Post
Are you asking about the patch notes for 1.1.2, released to all the servers during the most recent maintenance? We always release the preliminary notes for a patch on the forums when we move that patch to the Public Test Server (we published the first 1.1.2 notes last Wednesday), and those notes are subject to change from the time we post them until the patch is deployed to all the servers. We usually update the Public Test Server several days before we update all of the servers, and sometimes the notes we post do change from the PTS version. Does this explain what you're seeing? Edited by AllisonBerryman

Are you asking about the patch notes for 1.1.2, released to all the servers during the most recent maintenance? We always release the preliminary notes for a patch on the forums when we move that patch to the Public Test Server (we published the first 1.1.2 notes last Wednesday), and those notes are subject to change from the time we post them until the patch is deployed to all the servers. We usually update the Public Test Server several days before we update all of the servers, and sometimes the notes we post do change from the PTS version. Does this explain what you're seeing?

When you patch the system, why can't you just post the FINAL Patch notes in the general forum? It is not that hard.

Neither is clicking the News & Update Links and selecting "Patch Notes" ;)

touche. valid point.

I just have a big problem with the lack of "interaction" that BW has with the playerbase. An average of less than 2 posts per day is very lacking.

Edited by Krypto-wyrd

touche. valid point.

I just have a big problem with the lack of "interaction" that BW has with the playerbase. An average of less than 2 posts per day is very lacking.

This is the reason they are going to hold Q&A sessions.

I have seen some of these discussion this community has, most of them are not up to the quality to let the Janitor at Bioware respond to, most are not worth the paper they are printed on.

As evidence by this thread, they do post the most recent patch notes, both on the websites and through the launcher.

How about you just post patch notes for test in one colour and live in another? (how about all dev tracker posts on testing forums, or about moving things too testing forums in one colour and live systems another).

It is actually rather difficult in the layers of discussion to keep track of what is live, going live, and in testing and when. It's not that hard either, but I'm not suggesting completely rewriting the boards to fix it.

• Dev Post
Thanks for the feedback on patch notes! We can definitely work to make sure it's very clear when we post the public test versions of the notes by calling it out more obviously in that post, and we'll work on making sure that the forums know when the final live notes are available (yes, as others have mentioned, they are available in the launcher and on the website, but we can make sure a post gets into the dev tracker, too, for those who prefer that outlet). Edited by AllisonBerryman

Thanks for the feedback on patch notes! We can definitely work to make sure it's very clear when we post the public test versions of the notes by calling it out more obviously in that post, and we'll work on making sure that the forums know when the final live notes are available (yes, as others have mentioned, they are available in the launcher and on the website, but we can make sure a post gets into the dev tracker, too, for those who prefer that outlet).

The patch notes are linked, in a single small line from the launcher. they aren't actually on the launcher.

They *should* be in game in a window somewhere, in addition to the discussion on these boards.

And yes, what the other guy said, please fix ilum, at least this sort of broken is not the crazy exploitive broken it was before. This is just broken.

This is the reason they are going to hold Q&A sessions.

I have seen some of these discussion this community has, most of them are not up to the quality to let the Janitor at Bioware respond to, most are not worth the paper they are printed on.

As evidence by this thread, they do post the most recent patch notes, both on the websites and through the launcher.

yes they are on the launcher, and the site but if the forums are supposed to be the place to get SWTOR info it should be posted clearly on the forums. It should also be listed in the Dev tracker. Posting it on the website does not show on the dev tracker.

The patch notes are linked, in a single small line from the launcher. they aren't actually on the launcher.

They *should* be in game in a window somewhere, in addition to the discussion on these boards.

Not to derail this thread, but this is just one of the many quality of life issues that we've come to expect from MMOs these days and that SWTOR misstepped on.

We should be able to read the notes directly in the launcher while the patcher is patching. I'm not going to ever click links in the launcher. List them out for us to scroll through.

And BW highlights patch notes from previous patches as being part of later patches. The past couple patches have had a line in the notes commenting on an addition of new, high-end space missions which I have had since before these patches.

To be honest I'm used to a pop up window appearing when you log into the game for the 1st time after a new patch that details the changes and forces you to click it away to get to you character selection screen (some games included just before your EULA agreement pop up that you had to agree to before you could log in).