A concern. Bioware - you just leave things broken for far too long

DarthMaulUK

With the stun bubble and smash monkeys running riot in pvp - why has Bioware left it so long to address probably the dumbest thing they introduced to the game since launch?

With 2.0 around the corner, I pray bioware look at the feedback and not just those stupid metrics because they never always paint the full picture. If they did, we wouldn't have stun bubbles and LOLsmash all over the place.

Its a concern for me because it has been months since and nothing has been done but instead are waiting for 2.0 to address the problem, when a simple patch months ago would have at least helped. 8x8 second stuns is NOT fun.

And will force shroud actually be fixed in 2.0?

Either that or they break things and call it a fix. This has got to be one of the worst dev teams I have ever seen when it comes to pvp in a game.... I like star wars and I do enjoy this game, but man devs get with the program. Do you guys even test these classes out , do you even know how to play these classes?

World pvp is garbage, I think pvp in general ws just an afterthought.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

I can understand the mentality of "we're going to fix it with 2.0 anyway, so why rock the boat now?". The problem is that some of the broken mechanics (ex. Merc ineffectiveness) have been ongoing for a full year now. It wouldn't have been hard to throw a bone to the customer base by for example adding a root cleanse to Jet Boost, and then posting that a full readdress of class balance would occur shortly in 2.0. When the devs do nothing immediate to address known class imbalances, they open themselves up to a devastating criticism if the future fix (2.0) also doesn't fix the problem. Which in fact w.r.t. Mercs is the situation.

But regarding the OP's complaint about bubble stun, you really don't have a lot to nag about. Bubble stun is being removed in 2.0 AND rage/focus is being buffed. LOL.

With the stun bubble and smash monkeys running riot in pvp - why has Bioware left it so long to address probably the dumbest thing they introduced to the game since launch?

With 2.0 around the corner, I pray bioware look at the feedback and not just those stupid metrics because they never always paint the full picture. If they did, we wouldn't have stun bubbles and LOLsmash all over the place.

Its a concern for me because it has been months since and nothing has been done but instead are waiting for 2.0 to address the problem, when a simple patch months ago would have at least helped. 8x8 second stuns is NOT fun.

And will force shroud actually be fixed in 2.0?

Smash damage is the same since release... Players found the way how to deal with the Rage tree, stack power/surge. It's wrong? I have to say not so much.

Want a stronger and more dangerous class? Powertechs. Because they can stun you TWICE, for 7 seconds and you can do nothing if you do not have your cc breaker. They have more burst than Smash, it's single target I know, but you'll die faster against a powertech. Smashers can stun you? NO. Only juggs/knight with force push 1.5sec which breaks on damage... Force choke/stasis can't be considered a stun because it's channeled and can be interrupted.

Warriors found a way to counter so much stuns, we die all the time stunned and we have a few seconds to do damage, smash.

I understand them waiting until 2.0 to change the smashmonkey spec, but the incorrect resolve on stunbubbles is an obvious programming error that they should have taken 5 minutes to fix in the next bug fix patch that came out. The fact nothing was done about it for so long is simply incomprehensible.