Just killed Taral V HM with 3 Troopers and 1 Consular and got Smuggler Gloves...

Now how are the mobs s'posed to know who is going to be attacking them ahead of time? Not their fault they happened to eat a smuggler before your band-of-brothers attacked.

I say leave it be... stop whinin... try again tomorrow...

Once you get all those drops you'll be bored and threatening to un-sub anyway.

Not to try to inject some valid mathematical reasoning into why this might happen but... have any of you considered for a moment that perhaps the intention is that your probability of success is INTENDED to be less than 25%!!! If that is true (and I strongly suspect it is) then you should not be able to arbitrarily improve your chances of success to 25% by simply showing up with 4 troopers!!! This just seems obvious to me, so please stop with these whiney "I didn't get the toy I wanted" posts... your odds of success should be no better than 4 people who show up with 4 different classes, period.

Edited by XLJedi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS, I expect apologies from all the "Random Loot is Random" people from these threads:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=250440&page=4

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2689766#post2689766

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=224675&page=3

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=329914

and specifically from the devs/mods in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=329914

Ogada

Old 02.27.2012 , 04:34 PM | #7

Report Post Quote

Greetings folks,

As has been correctly said above, the loot is randomly generated. There is no guarantee that when you kill a boss you get loot for your class.

Thank you for your time.

Ogada | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Ogada

Old 02.27.2012 , 09:30 PM | #12

Nope, not lies.

It is not a bug and until a member of the Development Team states otherwise, is working as intended.

Thank you for your time.

Hi again Gamstun,

We can go back and fort all day but the fact remains that until it is announced by the Development Team as a bug, it is going to be classified as working as intended.

If you feel it is a bug, then you are quite entitled to submit a bug ticket and it will be forwarded to the Development Team for investigation. I should point out though that you do not receive feedback about bug reports other than the In-Game CSR that forwards it for you thanking you.

And just in case you have already submitted it, if it is continuing to happen, then continue to send the bug reports. If it is a bug, this will help the Devs to narrow it down faster.

Thank you for your time.

Ahhhhh the sweet feeling of being proven right and the utterly disgusting feeling of being LIED TO all in one thread.....

The problem may be how we read the sentence.

It reads "will now take group composition into account."

This does not immediately translate into "only drops for classes represented will occur."

In all likelihood they just decreased the chance of non-represented class loot from dropping, not eliminated it altogether.

In all likelihood they just took your group composition and completely reversed it. Don't have a smuggler, 80% chance for smuggler gear to drop. Whether it's intentional or not (I vote not), I do not know. Someone either accidentally reversed a mathematical equation or they just really like to piss us off.

Whatever is wrong with the HM FP mechanic, the same is true for HM/NMM Operations.

It could take several hours to run a HM/NMM OP and there is a good chance some/most group members will not receive armor/gear upgrades.

I started a thread on the subject and was beaten into the ground by BW fanbois who I guess already had exploited all their Rakata gear and want to remain superior to others in the game. :)

I end up thinking whatever, and the poor loot mechanic is just one more reason I starting to dislike playing the game.

If there is a silver lining... they did lower the cost of repairs by about 50%.

I feel like this is the lamest complaint people have, but I also blame it on the wording in the patch notes. Its rediculous to expect that only your classes gear should drop, and its even more crazy that BW said something that insinuated this.

Next people will say, I want the game to know what gear I am wearing and only drop equippable UPGRADES of my current gear.

Entitlement...its a disease.

The issue we had had before (don't know if it is still there) with flashpoint loot drops (mainly from taral V) was that it always dropped a specific class loot with a certain group type. Change 1 member to a different class, it would only drop loot for another class. It was not random at all, it had a pattern (for us) for Jedi knight, sage and smuggler gloves. The only random drop it seemed was trooper gloves, which was around 1 out of 30 or so drops.

There is nothing about this that is working according to what we have been told it should be. I don't really care about those who think that people complaining are feeling "entitled". This is a fact: they said they were fixing the loot drop system to be appropriate to the composition of the FP or Op group. This was in the patch notes for 1.2 and what was released about it prior. I too have been told in no uncertain terms by the fantastic "canned responses" that this is working as intended. That is a complete lie. I totally understand the percentages argument as well but it is a chance for gear based upon who is in the party. It is not guaranteeing that if I ran as a trooper and was the only one who needed gear in my group I would get it after running only one instance. However, I do fully expect the loot to be appropriate for SOMEONE in the Op/FP. To have loot drop that is not for any player in it is what is still broken. They need to fess up and admit that there is still an issue and maybe some of the ruckus about this will ease. Ignoring blatant issues to focus on other non-essential stuff like revamping the website really shows me where the attention of the devs/management is on which is not listening to the people paying the bills... death knell for many other MMOs. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will continue to pay their subscriptions and hope that things get better eventually but the MMO community is a fickle one... and there are LOTS who are unhappy with the product as it currently is. Edited by Juvat

Yesterday Nightmare run on KP: 7 smuggler rakata items. With one smuggler in the raid. Really well done.

Bioware has to add new companions to the game. Our smugglers can start already with the 7th set. While others dont even have one set.

This is a fact: they said they were fixing the loot drop system to be appropriate to the composition of the FP or Op group. This was in the patch notes for 1.2 and what was released about it prior. I too have been told in no uncertain terms by the fantastic "canned responses" that this is working as intended. That is a complete lie. I totally understand the percentages argument as well but it is a chance for gear based upon who is in the party. It is not guaranteeing that if I ran as a trooper and was the only one who needed gear in my group I would get it after running only one instance. However, I do fully expect the loot to be appropriate for SOMEONE in the Op/FP. To have loot drop that is not for any player in it is what is still broken. They need to fess up and admit that there is still an issue and maybe some of the ruckus about this will ease.

Agreed -- it was in the patch notes, it is not working, fix it!!!!! The current loot drops are ridiculous -- it actually seems to me like drops in EV/KP on both normal and hard are worse than what they were before 1.2 in terms of class distribution. The percentage of smuggler drops seems even higher now.

It is almost like the drops are based on the class distribution stats for a server, and they are dropping loot for the least played classes to encourage more players to roll those --- which is stupid.

Some folks had speculated the loot changes were only for new FPs/OPs which would also be stupid. It is not like people have quit playing the old FPs/OPs !!!!

Ran Eseless hard this evening, and every single drop—including the Columi token—was for Consulars. Group comp: trooper, scoundrel, and two knights. We walked out of there with absolutely nothing. Edited by HansBrolo

The problem may be how we read the sentence.

It reads "will now take group composition into account."

This does not immediately translate into "only drops for classes represented will occur."

In all likelihood they just decreased the chance of non-represented class loot from dropping, not eliminated it altogether.

Pretty much this.

I still feel that the change isn't obvious enough, but I guess that it wasn't BW's plan to force endgame loot to be coherent with the group composition. A pity.

It doesn't even seem that the chances are decreased. I usually run 4-5 HM flashpoints a night, and usually only 1 or 2 of them drop tokens that are for a class that is represented in my group. I would suggest that the drop rates haven't been touched at all from before patch 1.2.

It is almost like the drops are based on the class distribution stats for a server, and they are dropping loot for the least played classes to encourage more players to roll those --- which is stupid.

This would explain it except... when you DO bring agent in the group it drops warrior or something. It's almost as if the loot tables are reversed to what they should be.

FYI, from the known issues page on the CS Forum updated today (Apr 20th):

Flashpoints and Operations

Hard Mode Flashpoint loot does not currently take group composition into account.

At least this is now acknowledged in some form (I assume they also means 'ops' as well).

I think you all have this backwards. The game DOES take your group composition into account and makes sure you don't get anything :D

Yeah, not particularly funny - but crying about it isn't going to fix it, right? At least the dev's acknowledge the problem. Would be nice if they could assign a group (large group?) of GMs to "convert" unwanted drops into something useful after the fact - but doubt that is going to happen...

Just keep hoping and praying your get your drops until they fix it...

At this point, I am fairly sure they broke something regarding the loot mechanics and it is HEAVILY leaning towards smuggler (at least for EV/KP). I and other (including posts in the forums) have the same experience, smuggler gear is dropping at a MUCH HIGHER rate that any other class COMBINED. Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Well so far in my experience the new loot changes just guarantees to gear up your trooper in as little time as possible.

Ran Lost Island HM.... sage healer, shadow dps, trooper tank, sage dps.... Every drop was for Trooper, even the random blue items

Ran another Lost Island HM... sage healer, sage dps, smug dps, trooper tank... Every drop was for trooper AGAIN

Same day... Ran KP HM.... 3 sages, a shadow tank, smug healer, 2 knights and a trooper dps. Had 2 knight drops, 1 smuggler drop and everything else was trooper drops, including 2 trooper main hands and 2 trooper rakata chests.

It is certainly not taking into account the group composition very well. It seems the formula goes something like...

Is there a trooper in your group? -> yes? -> ALL THE TROOPER GEAR!!!!!!1!1!

Our guild has been running Flashpoints for a couple of months now. Pre 1.2 getting loot to drop was horrible because it was ALL consular gear. We have no main Consulars in our guild. Now that 1.2 has arrieved the "Take group comp into account" is here and we where all excited about this change. Yet, its all we see. Its becoming a major problem because its hard to gear anyone up always getting Consular light armor gear. Sure, Jorgan and Yuun look funny as heck in it. But it doesn't help guild, group, personal morale when our loot doesn't drop. To be a bit fair a lot of the final bosses have been dropping gear we need lately. (Since 1.2) Yet I'd say 75% of the time its Consular gear.

I'm sure there are many other instances where this is happening and its not just Consular gear, but its still a problem for any guild to do Flashpoints and get geared up. This is really putting a whole new term to farming.

(Guess we all should of rolled Consular classes for our mains.)

Bioware you don't have to respond to this thread I just want to make this known throughout the community that its still a problem. With that said, it would be nice to hear any comments you have on this matter and when it will be fixed.

I had started another thread but they closed it down to this one. Putting my post here as well so others know.

Edited by Astlopho

I ran 6 Hard Mode Flashpoints this week, 5 in one day, and just completed EV Hard Mode, and out of ALL of that, there was only 1, I repeat, ONE, drop the entire time for Jedi Knight, and it was columi bracers in EV HARD MODE.

The rest of the time it was ALL smuggler, consular, and trooper gear. In EV HARD MODE, SEVEN pieces were trooper pieces, SEVEN. all the rest were consular and smuggler, except for the 1 Columi Knight Drop

In the 6 hard modes I ran, it was 2 smuggler drops, 2 consular drops, and 2 trooper drops, EVEN THOUGH we didn't have a single consular or trooper in the party at the time.

This is ridiculous. Jedi Knights seem to be the hardest to gear up in this game, and it's really frustrating and upsetting.

Please fix this garbage loot table.

Normally I'm not one to complain, but when an issue is supposedly addressed, I expect to see changes.

"Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account." - taken from the 1.2 patch notes.

Many many people believed that this statement meant final boss drops would no longer be for a class that wasn't present.

They said a LOT of things about 1.2 that never made it live. 1.2 was the biggest piece of false advertising I've ever witnessed from an MMO developer. No wonder we were given 30 days.

apologies - didn't realise there was already a thread for this!

'I wonder if other folks are finding that the Loot Drops at the end of Hardmodes are not random but seem almost deliberately irrelevant to party makeup?

Yesterday evening myself and my friends grouped up and did three hardmodes together hoping to get some columi for those of us still without. Among us there were 2 sorcs and 2 Bounty Hunters.

We did Boarding Party first and after beating Storm Squad we got Agent columi - useless.

We then did Kaon under Siege and got Agent columi at the end - useless.

We love this game and we tried again - we did Battle of Ilum, and what did we get at the end? Warrior columi: useless.

To do a hardmode, with friends who are only rarely able to all be online together for any real length of time, and to get nothing useful for the effort - 3 TIMES! - is very discouraging to say the least. It seems quite unnecessarily over-harsh. It seems to me to be a pointless waste of columi as well.

I thought they were fixing this? If they are not I could use some kind of advice or guide so I am not left apologising to friends for so much wasted effort! Is the loot drop (as it appears to be) dependent upon what day you choose to do hardmodes? Like, was it agent and warrior columi day yesterday or something?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what can be done about this? '