Alien races from SW lore you want to see.

ChrisStarShade

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Jawas, Ewoks, or comic relief races.

What I would like to be implemented (that seem to have good models in game):

• Trandoshans!
  • Mon Calamari
  • Togruta
  • Kel-Dor
  • Nautolan
  • Ugnaught (if the need for midget races is high)
  • Wookiee
  • Duros
  • Weequay

I understand BioWare wants to have players characters offer more "connection" to the user, they seem to avoid straying from less Human races, but I for one would not mind if my alien character was a lizard or something and did not speak basic (only speaking gibberish). Hopefully BioWare will add in some true aliens soon.

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Rodians yet, I mean, come on, who doesn't wanna be Greedo.

Rodians are my first choice, In SWG I was a Rodian Rifleman. Been saving his name just on the off-chance they add them later. (rodian sniper)

Wookies are another cool race from SWG i would like. probably would have to go jedi knight with that one. Or Kel Dor Jedi knight.

Honestly, I don't know what other races they can add. the biggest issue being the language barrier. I can't think of any rodians/wookies that speak basic. having to listen to that gibberish through every scene would probably get very annoying.

Rodian

Sullustan

Wookie

Weequay

Mon Calamari

Kel Dor

Nautolan

Bothan

Trandoshan

Duros

There are Rodians and Trandoshans that speak Basic. The only one on that list that can't is Wookie i think.

What i dont get is the amount on aliens in the Core who don't speak basic? like ***? I understand aliens speaking Huttese in Hutt Space, but in the Core?

And im also getting sick of seeing so many Twi'leks and Zabrak. The only Zabrak in the movies at all in Darth Maul, idk why they're so prominent now...

I DEMAND DIVERSITY! I wanna see Sullustan and Mon Cal Pilots, Rodian Smugglers, Trandoshan Bounty Hunters.

All these humans and near-humans is getting on my nerves.

Cathar, Nautolan, Togruta, Rodian, and Chagrian would be cool for sure, and we have good character models for them in game already. Pantorans would probably be easy to implement, but difficult to differentiate from Chiss. Arkanian and Zeltron are a couple of races that I'm surprised I don't see more of as NPCs. I would love to play as a Selonian, but the thing of being non-humanoid and physiologically incapable of speaking Basic would probably make that very difficult.

Kinda surprised that Ugnaut was suggested. I hate their voices so much that it's hard to tolerate spacebarspamming through a quest cutscene. I can't imagine anyone wanting to do that for fifty levels.

Edited by Meira_Arirai

I'm the exact opposite of the person who doesn't want comic relief races. I'd reroll each of my alts into an ewok, jawa, ortolan.. I've never enjoyed playing a perfect, busty, beautiful, sexy character, it makes me feel silly.

But I also know that swtor is not that kind of game - it has romances and no one is going to want to kiss a teddy bear or a toddler with a long blue snout, unless it's out of pity. :o So I guess I'll vote for Nautolan or maybe Rodian.

But then again, there is precedence..

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/0994ef26-c8aa-4734-84aa-f30c131c9d0e/d1jc8q0-846041f9-30a2-4d75-92b0-66d050f5a61a.jpg/v1/fill/w_600,h_598,q_75,strp/charname_loves_casavir_by_epantiras_d1jc8q0-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTk4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDk5NGVmMjYtYzhhYS00NzM0LTg0YWEtZjMwYzEzMWM5ZDBlXC9kMWpjOHEwLTg0NjA0MWY5LTMwYTItNGQ3NS05MmIwLTY2ZDA1MGY1YTYxYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.kfHVKR7pPtD8sFa5-B3B2wqrj9ioJ0g4ha8_X8_95to

Edited by grania

Togruta - Would be cool (one of the main reasons I bought the game) and they would be great Force wielders on both the republic or the empires side - as well as cool option for bounty hunters and smugglers I think. Big fan of Shaak Ti.

Nautolan - Would work with all the classes on Republic side besides Trooper I think and I'd love to have a female Nautolan Jedi Sentinel. Also maybe as well cool as Sith Inquesitors, Warriors, Bounty Hunter and Agents as well.

Id like to see the races actually use their proper language. most races under stand different languages.

The current mandalore is a 71 yr old Boba Fett in his own words" i speak basic and huttese thats what i do buisness in"

Why cant you speak mando`ade? w.o.w you can speak Dwarven darnassian etc.

as far as a specific race, Dathmarian the night sister race that is Huntress would be great.

i mean you do have Baris offries race in here how about bothan? bothan spies are named directly in a few movies!

what was yodas race thatd be great make a yaddle

Edited by Gphalen
to wordy lol

I'm the exact opposite of the person who doesn't want comic relief races. I'd reroll each of my alts into an ewok, jawa, ortolan.. I've never enjoyed playing a perfect, busty, beautiful, sexy character, it makes me feel silly.

But I also know that swtor is not that kind of game - it has romances and no one is going to want to kiss a teddy bear or a toddler with a long blue snout, unless it's out of pity. :o So I guess I'll vote for Nautolan or maybe Rodian.

But then again, there is precedence..

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/0994ef26-c8aa-4734-84aa-f30c131c9d0e/d1jc8q0-846041f9-30a2-4d75-92b0-66d050f5a61a.jpg/v1/fill/w_600,h_598,q_75,strp/charname_loves_casavir_by_epantiras_d1jc8q0-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTk4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDk5NGVmMjYtYzhhYS00NzM0LTg0YWEtZjMwYzEzMWM5ZDBlXC9kMWpjOHEwLTg0NjA0MWY5LTMwYTItNGQ3NS05MmIwLTY2ZDA1MGY1YTYxYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.kfHVKR7pPtD8sFa5-B3B2wqrj9ioJ0g4ha8_X8_95to

I never knew what an Ortolan sounded like, then on Hoth I was rofl...