We want cutscenes from Heroic Missions back

As the title says. I've just done "Darkness on Ilum", and I fell like I needed to return the quest, and see the cinematic for it. It's nice for people who want to level up fast and enjoy the main content of the game, but I'm a Star Wars lover, and I enjoy watching the cutscenes. So the easiest way to make everyone happy is MAKE IT OPTIONAL. If you want to watch the cutscene, do it, and if you want to return the quest as fast as possible, do it.

We have to make some noise and sign for this, hopefully we catch some attention from the devs!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might have made your title I want, please don't speak for all of us.

I can't speak for others but I am loving not having to sit through cut scenes on heroics and having them auto complete, as well as the instant transport to the heroic makes them quick and fun to do. No more searching for the entrance or the quest giver. Its an improvement for me.

You might have made your title I want, please don't speak for all of us.

I can't speak for others but I am loving not having to sit through cut scenes on heroics and having them auto complete, as well as the instant transport to the heroic makes them quick and fun to do. No more searching for the entrance or the quest giver. Its an improvement for me.

Yeah, I understand that, of course I am. For that reason I'm saying to make it optional. If you pay close attention to what I wrote, I obviously don't speak for everyone, just for people like me who love the cutscenes. Making this feature optional would make everyone happy. (:

My assumption is that you don't get the cutscenes when you take the quests from the mission box - but that you get them if you travel to the quest giver directly.

I haven't tested the second part out yet, though.

You can obtain the quest directly from questgiver, but unfortunatly, there's no ending cutscene for any of em. Once the quest is completed, reward is given.

And ye, I'd like that to be optional too. Like, if ye take heroic quests from terminal, then you can teleport and finish it right there. But if you go to talk to quest giver, then you recieve actuall quest, with all cutscenes etc.

I've started new playthourgh yesterday, and I'd like to play all of em quests as they were originally created. Without shortcuts.

As far as I've tested, Dailies are being affected too, there is no more returning quest cutscene. Again, BioWare, please, make it OPTIONAL. Cutting content is not what players like, really.

Signed. They gave us a way to teleport to the quest, why on earth did they not just let us teleport back to th quest giver afterwards?

Now that's bad ! I want my cutscenes back !

Signed. They gave us a way to teleport to the quest, why on earth did they not just let us teleport back to th quest giver afterwards?

Like for Bounty Contract ? There is a pass for a flight to the Fleet, at least ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

If you pick up the quest from the original quest giver, the cutscene still occurs. If you pick it up from the Heroic Mission Console, it skips it and drops you off at the entrance of the heroic.

I think this is fine, as people who typically want to do the heroics for loot will use the console.

If you pick up the quest from the original quest giver, the cutscene still occurs. If you pick it up from the Heroic Mission Console, it skips it and drops you off at the entrance of the heroic.

I think this is fine, as people who typically want to do the heroics for loot will use the console.

We are talking about the "return quest" cutscene. If you pick up the quest from the questgiver, when you complete all the objectives you get the rewards instantly, the same as if you take the quest from the terminal. No return quest in both cases.

And this happens with the Exploration Missions also.

And I repeat: I understand players who are bored of doing dailies and seeing the cutscenes again and again, but there are new players that haven't seen the cutscenes, and even players like me that love to watch them! For that reason, the best way to make everyone happy is to make it OPTIONAL for everyone.

Edited by lKile

Signed.

Sometimes I want to hit the mission terminal on fleet to get boxes for KotFE stuff. Sometimes I want to actually *do* the missions. The thing that's always set TOR apart from other MMOs is its cinematic feel. Take that away and it's one step closer to become "just another MMO". Forgettable. If people want TOR to be more like WoW, then stop playing TOR and go play WoW. I hear they've got about six million empty spots now compared to last year.

I play swtor since beta, and cutscenes was one of the top reason why i like this game. When i heard about the heroic mission terminal, and level sync, i was like: :eek:

But as soon as i tried it, and realized that i can't turn the quest in at the quest giver, i was like: :mad: it's just auto complete it, no matter what.

So many great stories they have thrown away, and i'm sad because of it, even i already played them, it was always nice to revisit them time to time. Now it's gone...

You can obtain the quest directly from questgiver

Not all heroics are available from the original questgiver. Neither Gizmel Gam nor Travi Pott is present on Ord Mantell. Gizmel's neighbour across the street, Mr Quest Terminal, is also missing. Mr Terminal's twin brother, Mr Mission Terminal, is still *present* in the space port, but doesn't give missions any more.

Signed.

Sometimes I want to hit the mission terminal on fleet to get boxes for KotFE stuff. Sometimes I want to actually *do* the missions. The thing that's always set TOR apart from other MMOs is its cinematic feel. Take that away and it's one step closer to become "just another MMO". Forgettable. If people want TOR to be more like WoW, then stop playing TOR and go play WoW. I hear they've got about six million empty spots now compared to last year.

THIS.

And meanwhile BioWare decides about this, I'm stuck in Ilum waiting to the final cutscenes from Exploration Missions and normal missions to return. How fun!

As the title says. I've just done "Darkness on Ilum", and I fell like I needed to return the quest, and see the cinematic for it. It's nice for people who want to level up fast and enjoy the main content of the game, but I'm a Star Wars lover, and I enjoy watching the cutscenes. So the easiest way to make everyone happy is MAKE IT OPTIONAL. If you want to watch the cutscene, do it, and if you want to return the quest as fast as possible, do it.

We have to make some noise and sign for this, hopefully we catch some attention from the devs!

Actually I dont. They are less annoying to repeat now without cutscenes.

Since we don't get cutscene anymore, do we get the codex?

'cause I can't complete Korriban Codex, for some reason I finished [Heroic 2+]Hate Machine in Korriban and don't get the Imperial Scholar Codex or Title

Haven't tested it. But it is probably bugged. Report that to the bug forums (: But don't worry, you can always repeat that mission to get the achievement and the title.

Today I read someone asking where the Tython Heroic questgiver was, so I went to Tython and look for this guy where He used to be, and He is not. Maybe He has been moved to another place, but probably He has been removed along with all the Heroic questigivers of the beginning planets.

Another thing to claim, people.

However, does anyone know if He has been moved somewhere?

Today I read someone asking where the Tython Heroic questgiver was, so I went to Tython and look for this guy where He used to be, and He is not. Maybe He has been moved to another place, but probably He has been removed along with all the Heroic questigivers of the beginning planets.

Another thing to claim, people.

Horrible. Biooware went a step too far with that.

That Tython H2 was quite the peak of the planet's story presented there, the cherry on the top of it all, so to say - and now it is gone.

As someone who's just coming back to the game after a two-year absence, and who didn't have nearly enough free time to run all the available missions when I played the first time, I have to agree with this. Other MMOs I've played have options that simply let you auto-skip cutscenes that you've already viewed, or to simply bypass certain scenes entirely; the devs should've gone with one of those options instead of simply removing the scenes altogether. Now, because some people were too impatient to even hit spacebar a few times, I (and any new players who came along after this change was implemented) get to miss out on entire sections/wrap-ups to certain stories (side stories or otherwise)? I fail to see how that's fair.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that, for some, seeing the same scenes over and over again can get dull...but this was far from the best solution. This was a dropped ball, pure and simple.

I too am severely disappointed by this change. So many heroics dont even make sense anymore, or have had the impact they gave, removed entirely. [Heroic 2] Man with the Steel Voice, on hutta was amazing, and now you cant even talk to the old man from the beginning or the end. Also the removal of orange gear was stupid, heroics always gave us the choice of the orange, or a lock box. why not just have the lock boxes like they are now, and keep the choice of the orange piece too?