Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Launch???who said smth about a launch today????And about the sitting for 7 days at ur pc to w8 for an email ,well dude get a life!!!

Imo its positive that they give u the hope to start earlier with this awsome game ,if u have to qq about a ''delayed gift'' u prolly dont even worth this gift!!!!

Gift? It's not a gift to get early access, it's what they garaunteed if you pre-ordered.

so let me get this straight...i preordered the game...and i might get to play early...then on the 20th i have to wait another 3-5 days for the game to get shipped...

So what Bioware is saying is Early Access = haha you got ****ed in the *** access

I'll get my access when I get it. To those complaining "Worst. Marketing. Ever.":

Play DC Universe online.

You want to see bad marketing? That's a grand example. Poor communication, poor beta, poor release. Poor updates. Poor servers. I could go on.

By contrast:

Bioware had a simple Preorder code system (with DC you had to take a photo of your receipt and were not sure if it was even correctly submitted. Several never got access because of this). They promised up to 5 days early access (Always 'up to' in the advertising. Then they added 2 more days to give us 7. And so many of you are flipping out on not being in for day one).

Beta invites were much better handled and communicated when compared to the DCU debacle.

The servers on beta when I played had little lag. The whole game loaded beautifully compared to DC. The UI was better. It looked like a polished game.

I refuse to waste time getting bent out of of shape for not getting my email on the day of. I preordered July 31st, but I didn't activate my code until early august. But I waited this long for the game. I am wait still longer. I know my money is well spent. I have seen a polished game. I have seen evidence of great communication throughout this time. And I am certain that customer service will be better. For starters, when I had a bug in beta, I received in game help. Something I never got in DCU.

And I'm not interested in leveling up to 50 right away. I intend to take my time and enjoy the game fully. Many who are angry are still going to level up faster than me and play til their eyes bleed. They'll certainly catch up to more than half of those allowed in early today.

The holidays are nearly upon us and true to the new holiday spirit, most everyone just wants everything right away. Forget that good will towards men stuff. ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone in game shortly.

please, please, please, please, please, please, no , no ,no, no, no, no, no! Don't mention that piece of ****! I wasted $100 on the CE!

I PRAY within my heart of hearts that SWTOR won't end the same way...

Bioware and EA's handling of the game makes me feel queasy in my stomach and achy in my brain...

I had the same feeling from DCUO, FFXIV, and WoW WoTLK.

If Bioware can't handle this beast then it will probably be my last P2P mmo. I would loose all hope in MMORPGs in general.

I want to trust Bioware(not EA, god knows everything they touch withers and dies before coughing millions of $) and believe in them like I believed in Sony Playstation 1 to make excellent, top-notch games that would last for decades(and they did).

So, here's to hoping for the VERY best and that Bioware learns from Blizzard's monumental mistakes.

Even IF I don't get in today, I will still suck it up(not without a few proverbial tears) and (im)patiently wait for tomorrow and hope that this game is worth it.

May the Force be with us all...

The first week of an MMO makes or breaks it.

Between this staggered EGA which by no means is going by preorder code date (december, septembers getting in before July's) and then no grace period, this game is going to fail.

A smooth launch is more than just technically smooth. Treating the majority of customers like crap is pretty much the worst thing Bioware can do.

Bought the game on 7-21, didn't realize that my code was not in the system till 11-2... Hopefully I can get on by Thursday.

Heh, similar situation. Aug 7 pre-order, Nov 8 redeemed. D'oh!

And I'm leaving town on Thursday morning for four days, no game access.

Oh well. Life goes on. (yes, I'm still pissed :D ).

Patience young-lings.

I'm looking on the bright side.

Now I have to time go to the store to get a Monster...

Then go to the campus and turn in my last final...

Then go to BB and pick up the Turtle Beaches I ordered last night.

May the Sworce be with you.

Then arrive home and still not be able to play? LOL

In Fact the early access it is a part of what i pre-order as it says CLEARLY i have early access a stone and whatever else...so yes i pay also for it as well...
players "MAY" get in 5 days early so you still have 2 days before you can even start to *****.

Oh come on guys. Is that it? Its only been two threads so far. Post more pointless random hate. This has been the most fun I have had online in the last month. We need another 50 or so people to say "I pre-ordered before this guy and he's in. Bio ware does not know what there doing. I took off work for this and I bla bla bla"

:D