Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

Indeed it does not - it neither improves nor worsens the situation for full-destination players, except insofar as the new UI suggests that you may someday be able to choose another destination.

That has not been in doubt for some weeks based on Biowares anouncements, but wheather we will have to pony up more money to do so is still in question in my mind.

Having a timeframe is also important so I can set my schedule for gameplay.

They have not answered another pertinent question as well which is wheather or not will they be expanding character slots on servers which in turn will affect my choice (If I am allowed one) as to where I want my stuck characters to go.

- Oh and it does nothing to aleviate being hosed on the reward for being on a destination server at all. Had I been able to move I would have. Those who didn't need to move as they got lucky and were already on a destination server get a reward. Why the punishment?

Edited by Catsmeat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why it's better to accept "limbo" for as long as possible, and see what they throw at us. By the time the move is mandated, there could be more slots, there could be new rewards (let's face it, the existing Transfer Rewards were hardly game changers), you could get to choose where you go, etc.

I don't have a full destination server, but if I did, I figure that means I'd have plenty of characters to play in the meantime. If it's leveling, well, leveling's easier on the origins. I assume it'll all work out OK.

If for some reason people are forced to abandon high level characters for lack of space to merge them - THEN I think BioWare will learn what an angry playerbase REALLY sounds like. ;)

That's why it's better to accept "limbo" for as long as possible, and see what they throw at us. By the time the move is mandated, there could be more slots, there could be new rewards (let's face it, the existing Transfer Rewards were hardly game changers), you could get to choose where you go, etc.

I don't have a full destination server, but if I did, I figure that means I'd have plenty of characters to play in the meantime. If it's leveling, well, leveling's easier on the origins. I assume it'll all work out OK.

If for some reason people are forced to abandon high level characters for lack of space to merge them - THEN I think BioWare will learn what an angry playerbase REALLY sounds like. ;)

It's true the rewards weren't all that great. It's the sentiment, or lack there of, that I and others in my same situation were treated poorly by the scheme they devised and then after many had posted of this issue only to be ignored by the Bioware crew save for a referal to the original anouncements that is so frustrating to me.

That Biowares team could not even acknowledge that we were stuck in a rather untenable situation has really soured me to this company and its product.

Edited by Catsmeat

Not gonna scroll through 11 pages to search for this answer, but all of my characters were created at release on what turned out to be a destination server (Pot5). Do they plan on sending rewards to ppl who were already on the destination server?

Yes. That is what was said.

Not gonna scroll through 11 pages to search for this answer, but all of my characters were created at release on what turned out to be a destination server (Pot5). Do they plan on sending rewards to ppl who were already on the destination server?

Yes.

The question now is when will this pet be given out? For some reason I think they will wait untill after 2 months of the transfers starting to do so.

So transfers started in jun 14? so Aug 14th or later is my bet.

They say the 7th ot 8th but think they will be delayed

Edited by Emeda

I took the transfer when it first became available. Am I gonna get the goodies too!

If you transfered to, or already were, on any of the destination servers before August 30th you will get the rewards. So that means yes.

Well. we are well over 12 hours since the deadline.

What about the characters that can't be transferred due to the Destination Server not having enough character slots?

About a week since the deadline, a little less since the F2P announcement, and still no information on will the characters stuck in "limbo" (can't transfer because the single destination server is already full of characters) be able to get the rewards or not.

Just sweep it under the rug, and hope people will forget about it... :(

So I made a test character on a Destination Server yesterday, and didn't receive any rewards (to be fair, I did not take the character to level 10 - which might matter, nor do I believe that new characters were supposed to get the rewards after the deadline).

Does that mean that characters stuck in "limbo (where they couldn't be transferred because the select destination server was already full of characters)" can not get the rewards now?

So I made a test character on a Destination Server yesterday, and didn't receive any rewards (to be fair, I did not take the character to level 10 - which might matter, nor do I believe that new characters were supposed to get the rewards after the deadline).

Does that mean that characters stuck in "limbo (where they couldn't be transferred because the select destination server was already full of characters)" can not get the rewards now?

I would assume so as we are now 9 days past the deadline. It's over. It's done.

I assumed only characters that got transferred would get transfer rewards.

I assumed only characters that got transferred would get transfer rewards.

Characters on destination servers that did not transfer got the rewards as well if they were level 10 and if they existed come the end of the offer (31JUL12).

I would assume so as we are now 9 days past the deadline. It's over. It's done.

As would I.

But this was information players were promised would be Soon™. And that was well before the deadline was supposed to arrive.

if i make a toon later on will i still get it on the new toon if i have gotten it before on my others?

Apparently not. I just re-rolled an existing toon, and since its bind on pick-up i couldnt email it to another character.

Ive made the new character and nada. No Loyalty Rewards email.

smh.