Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

Spor

Try this then....tick compatibility mode...run it in compatibility with win7 and then tick the "disable desktop composition" and "run as admin" boxes only...seems to have fixed it for a bunch of people....i hope you can solve it....

Disable desktop composition i thought was a Windows 7 OS setting only ?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

System Win 7 Pro - i5

While checking around one message I found said to run the SETUP. Bad idea it downloads and installs the whole game without telling you whats going on. But I did find out with all the expansions SWTOR is so big it can not hold the Downloads and install on my small SSD 110 GB that only has the O/S and Video drivers from AMD.

After running for years SWTOR gotten too big. Now I have to figure out how to copy everything onto the HDD on D : and try to install it there without having to download everything again..

Also in the My Computer / System Properties / Performance U can globally disable desktop composition by selecting ( . ) Adjust for performance. It deselects the Enable Desktop composition.

According to a post I found about desktop composition on a Diablo site .. disabling this increases your FPS

Since I am still down, have not tried yet.

EA should give a better estimate of how much mass storage space is needed. Rather than its

""Hard drive space

As SW:TOR is updated frequently, the size of the SW:TOR game folder on your system will increase over time.""

Fortnite still works. After DLd , when starting it gave an error for a streaming plugin was not load . Min requirement was WIN 8. So nothing wrong with my PC. Fortnite still worked.

Same here. Installed the latest AMD RAdeon Drivers. Deleted Bitraider and started again. Same

Error Code 7 and error Code 1

Edited by Sleeperzz
add in more

Add me to the list. It was fine all weekend. Tried to log in today, installed the patch, hit play, nothing. Tried again, hit play, game closes again. Tried again.... "The login service is currently unavailable"

Screw it.... I'm gonna play something else. Hey devs... Your last patch broke the game. :mad:

After doing lots of uninstall. installs. moving SWOTR to a larger HDD from a small SSD, etc....

Doing the Compatability Win 7 and Admin priviledge for the launcher and SWTOR got me in further but it crashed after a while.

Used CCleaner to fix the errors in the Registery.

So far no more crashing. Fingers crossed.

Before going any further after the CClean I also lowered the Graphics Quality Preset from High to Medium.

Since its going now I do not want to reverse what I did to have it crash again.

I lowered the graphics quality because there were some suggestions that disabling the desktop composition helped. But they way it helps is it improves the FPS. So lower the Graphics quality also improves FPS and less load on the Graphics card.

Damn crashed again. IN Narshada close to the Prosperity event.

Same It worked last night.

Today after patch I hit play and it closes and goes to desktop.

What is going on?:eek:

Edited by Sleeperzz

After doing lots of uninstall. installs. moving SWOTR to a larger HDD from a small SSD, etc....

Doing the Compatability Win 7 and Admin priviledge got me in further but it crashed after a while.

Used CCleaner to fix the errors in the Registery.

So far no more crashing. Fingers crossed.

Before going any further after the CClean I also lowered the Graphics Quality Preset from High to Medium.

Since its going now I do not want to reverse what I did to have it crash again.

I lowered the graphics quality because there were some suggestions that disabling the desktop composition helped. But they way it helps is it improves the FPS. So lower the Graphics quality also improves FPS and less load on the Graphics card.

Same It worked last night.

Today after patch I hit play and it closes and goes to desktop.

What is going on?:eek:

This is weird. I am able to log in fine as were many others. I wonder how it broke for some and not all?

It's looking more and more like a system configuration issue, predominantly with Windows 7, that the game no longer accommodates. It's time people retired Win7 for good, anyway, it's already past its shelf life. SWTOR won't be the last and probably isn't the first application people running Win7 will need to worry about going forward.

Edited by xordevoreaux

It's looking more and more like a system configuration issue, predominantly with Windows 7, that the game no longer accommodates. It's time people Win7 retired for good, anyway, it's already past its shelf life. SWTOR won't be the last and probably isn't the first application people running Win7 will need to worry about going forward.

nope, i got windows 10 and still doesnt work

Try this then....tick compatibility mode...run it in compatibility with win7 and then tick the "disable desktop composition" and "run as admin" boxes only...seems to have fixed it for a bunch of people....i hope you can solve it....

worked for me and it seems that even fixed my fps loss issue in warzones.

In some cases, you "only" have to search for the launcher.exe file and run it (with admin rights as usual just in case) to solve the problem (I tried to pin launcher.exe to the task bar but the same problem appears again, for now we'll stick with launching directly from the file)

PS : Tried : relaunch, reboot PC, then uninstall/reinstall the game entirely, nothing worked

Edited by GuigeekRhadamant

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Here are two workarounds that should help players on Windows 7 who encounter the C1/C7 error.

1. Workaround 1: disable desktop composition in the compatibility settings
  2. Workaround 2: Start swtor.exe and launcher.exe as admin w/ compatibility for XP SP3

Please, let us know if those workarounds helped you.

Anything for win 10 users? have tried from the file itself, and from steam launch with admin checked on swtor.exe and launcher.exe. Win 7 compatability, on, off, win xp sp3, and the fullscreen optimizations enabled and not. In pretty much every combination of those I can think of and have had nothing progress. Hit play and still nothing. Was perfectly fine until patch. As I mentioned before, the same thing happened with the initial 6.1.4 patch and was fixed during whatever patch was done the very next day.

Too late. Where were you yesterday and today earlier? I reinstall whole game with installer launcher from guy right now already 3 hours (40% now). Second day without Swtor. Thanks.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance