HELP - Guild Disappeared

HarryBowles

Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer some help or has had a similar situation occur.

My guildmates and I stopped playing around two years ago. We were only small, around ten players or so. We've returned to the game for Onslaught but the guild has been disbanded. We had the ship as our guild base and had invested millions of credits on that between us, so would prefer not to simply start over.

We contacted support with a ticket but they were little help. Explained that if the guild leader is inactive for four weeks the leadership passes on, but that doesn't tell us why the guild disbanded. Knowing the members, it is impossible that whoever the leadership fell on disbanded themselves.

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there much hope the guild can be reinstated with our assets intact?

Really appreciate any help.

Sorry to be the carrier of bad news here but..

Most likely option is as follows. Leadership got passed to somebody who chose to either sell your guild&ship or keep it to themselves. Both alternatives include you and all the rest of your friends getting booted from the guild.

No, unfortunately not, chances are the person that got the guild, booted everyone, and is probably using it for themselves, or sold it, or just disbanded it (but i doubt it, as it had a flagship.

What server were you on? You could always put the guilds name here, and see if someone responds, and try and work something out. Or just search in game , and see if anyone pops up online in the guild. But that assumes they are online, and that the guild name hasn't been changed, or if disbanded, the name hasn't been taken by others.

Same stuff here. I logged in two weeks ago, I had my guild. There was a bug and the guild lead was transferred to another person. Today I reconnect, and all my characters was excluded from the guild (while I'm pretty sure I'm the only one person who still plays).

I don't understand who could exclude me to steal everything... (we had a fortress, a ship, etc..) or if it's a bug. The worse stuff: my friend who helped me in this guild died recently, and he was the one who invested a lot of time in doing this guild.. Don't even understand how people can do that.

Same stuff here. I logged in two weeks ago, I had my guild. There was a bug and the guild lead was transferred to another person. Today I reconnect, and all my characters was excluded from the guild (while I'm pretty sure I'm the only one person who still plays).

I don't understand who could exclude me to steal everything... (we had a fortress, a ship, etc..) or if it's a bug. The worse stuff: my friend who helped me in this guild died recently, and he was the one who invested a lot of time in doing this guild.. Don't even understand how people can do that.

No bug* would transfer the lead, are you sure the GL hadn't logged in for 28 days?

Also, someone else has to have played for them to remove your chars.

Sorry for your loss, it's never good to lose people.

If someone had control, they might have just kicked everyone because they were inactive, and they waanted to rebuild, or maybe use it as a personal guild, etc. It doesn't mean they were being malicious to you, or your friend.

You could search in game and see if anyone in the guild is active, or as I told the other person, you could post the name here, and someone may get back to you, and you might be able to sort something out. < I know this is a long shot, but if the guild is important to you, as you say, then every shot is a chance at redemption, as they say>

If by some chance there is a bug, and it can be tracked, and proven, chances are, CS won't be able to change the leadership back to you, as time and time again, they claim they can't.

*At least no bug known at present

Edited by DarkTergon

No bug* would transfer the lead, are you sure the GL hadn't logged in for 28 days?

Also, someone else has to have played for them to remove your chars.

Sorry for your loss, it's never good to lose people.

If someone had control, they might have just kicked everyone because they were inactive, and they waanted to rebuild, or maybe use it as a personal guild, etc. It doesn't mean they were being malicious to you, or your friend.

You could search in game and see if anyone in the guild is active, or as I told the other person, you could post the name here, and someone may get back to you, and you might be able to sort something out. < I know this is a long shot, but if the guild is important to you, as you say, then every shot is a chance at redemption, as they say>

If by some chance there is a bug, and it can be tracked, and proven, chances are, CS won't be able to change the leadership back to you, as time and time again, they claim they can't.

*At least no bug known at present

I know what I'm saying, I was the GM and the founder of this guild. And no, I wasn't inactive. What happened exactly: I logged in my reroll, the lead was still on my main. And then, when I got back to my main, the lead was transferred to another player (and this player was inactive because I'ven't seen it for months). Then, I haven't logged in for two weeks, and today this is a surprise. So don't know what happened, but either it's a bug, or the person I thought inactive reco during my off period these two last weeks and disband or something. I don't really care about the chests, just I'm really sad and angry because my lost friend spent a lot of time to build the stronghold for our roleplay, we spent a lot of money to have the flagship... And today, everything is lost.

Also as a computer scientist, the excuse "we can't" makes me really upset. These guys are supposed to know how to maintain a database, and there is no reason that they can't transfer the leadership if the guild still exists. It's not like it wasn't my guild (I was the founder, and as far as I know, I was the only one player for months, since the death of my friend, so I don't understand why the leadership was transferred, and now why I lost my guild, it's really unfair).

Edited by Exozazou

I know what I'm saying, I was the GM and the founder of this guild. And no, I wasn't inactive. What happened exactly: I logged in my reroll, the lead was still on my main. And then, when I got back to my main, the lead was transferred to another player (and this player was inactive because I'ven't seen it for months). Then, I haven't logged in for two weeks, and today this is a surprise. So don't know what happened, but either it's a bug, or the person I thought inactive reco during my off period these two last weeks and disband or something. I don't really care about the chests, just I'm really sad and angry because my lost friend spent a lot of time to build the stronghold for our roleplay, we spent a lot of money to have the flagship... And today, everything is lost.

Also as a computer scientist, the excuse "we can't" makes me really upset. These guys are supposed to know how to maintain a database, and there is no reason that they can't transfer the leadership if the guild still exists. It's not like it wasn't my guild (I was the founder, and as far as I know, I was the only one player for months, since the death of my friend, so I don't understand why the leadership was transferred, and now why I lost my guild, it's really unfair).

But by their rules, the guild now belongs to the person it was transferred to while you were afk. Theoretically, a simple press of the button should bring it back to you, however its just not that simple. This now puts them in a predicament. If they give you back the guild (if it still exists) then the new guild leader can say that you stole it from them. Swtor has to stick to their guidelines and policies which is if a guild leader goes afk for so long, its transferred to the next account.

I know this sucks big time. But now you know that if you ever go afk for any period of time, just boot everyone that isn't you. Guildies will understand.

At the risk of appearing very cold and heartless:

I have a big problem buying the story in the way you are telling it to us. At first you wrote something about being away from the game for 2 years and finding an abandoned/transferred guild after such a long time, which is quite normal if you don't put precautions into play.

Now you are saying that you still had the guild lead when you returned and suddenly after two weeks it was transferred to a player you thought to be inactive. I also find your constant reminder of your dead friend with whom you supposedly build up the guild rather suspicious as a ploy to get a sympathy vote from the community in order to pressure the devs to give you the guild back.

None of us know what happened and there are very clear rules when it comes to guild leadership and transfer of power. None of us can do anything if what you are telling us is true and you lost guild leadership through a random bug. The only ones who could possibly help you are the devs themselves (not customer service), which you can either reach by writing a private message to them here on the forum or by writing an official bug report that details everything that happened to the best of your knowledge.

But by their rules, the guild now belongs to the person it was transferred to while you were afk. Theoretically, a simple press of the button should bring it back to you, however its just not that simple. This now puts them in a predicament. If they give you back the guild (if it still exists) then the new guild leader can say that you stole it from them. Swtor has to stick to their guidelines and policies which is if a guild leader goes afk for so long, its transferred to the next account.

I know this sucks big time. But now you know that if you ever go afk for any period of time, just boot everyone that isn't you. Guildies will understand.

Yes, I can understand that, but let's say. You rent a house and live with some people during a period. Some time after, these people don't come anymore to your house. For no reason, the owner of the house decides to change the name on the lease. You don't care because you're alone (or you think you're alone because you don't see the others when you're connected) to live in this house and you know that in 20 days you'll get the ownership again. One day, you take some days off (few days, not months, not years, just few days). And when you come back, you're kicked off, and you cannot open your house with your key. Do you think it's fair ? Who stole who ?

It's not like I transferred the ownership myself, or like I was inactive. I created this guild, we spent time to buy stuffs, time in playing to get items, etc. We spent also money because we bought packs, etc. And everything is gone now. So, I'm sorry, but legally, they can't say that I stole something from them, because they stole it before. If it was a case IRL, this would be a simple case.

But yeah, you're right. Next time, each time I take vacations I'll kick everyone from my next guild, so I'll be sure noone will steal it again.

At the risk of appearing very cold and heartless:

I have a big problem buying the story in the way you are telling it to us. At first you wrote something about being away from the game for 2 years and finding an abandoned/transferred guild after such a long time, which is quite normal if you don't put precautions into play.

Now you are saying that you still had the guild lead when you returned and suddenly after two weeks it was transferred to a player you thought to be inactive. I also find your constant reminder of your dead friend with whom you supposedly build up the guild rather suspicious as a ploy to get a sympathy vote from the community in order to pressure the devs to give you the guild back.

None of us know what happened and there are very clear rules when it comes to guild leadership and transfer of power. None of us can do anything if what you are telling us is true and you lost guild leadership through a random bug. The only ones who could possibly help you are the devs themselves (not customer service), which you can either reach by writing a private message to them here on the forum or by writing an official bug report that details everything that happened to the best of your knowledge.

I'm not the author of the original topic... It's a different case. Same stuff = guild disappeared. But, the difference is I haven't been away for 2 years, but for 2 weeks. Just told, this stuff happens to me today also. Please look at who is writing !!! And no, I'm not looking for help here. I just say it's not fair, that's all. Whatever if it's a bug or a steal. Just found weird that this story happened to me today, and also to the original author of this topic. So, I thought that maybe it was a bug. But if you tell that the only way to lose a guild is a disbad or an exclusion, so yes, someone stole my guild, that's all. I'm fully aware that noone on this forum will help me.

Edited by Exozazou

I don't know why this stuff always pops up. The policy is simple:

If you are inactive for too long (4 weeks), guild leadership will automatically transfer to another player.

That player can then do whatever they like, because the guild is theirs now.

If you are afraid this will happen, you have three options:

1. Have a second-in-command who you trust

2. Appoint an interim GM

3. Boot everyone

Gosh, why people look like so aggressive ? :D

1. The author of the topic asked a clear question about his guild.

2. You told him the only way to "lose" a guild is a disband or a change of owner.

3. I just explained I was in a similar situation (two similar cases, the same day, it's really rare, even if it's not exactly the same because he's been inactive for 2 years, I've been inactive for few days, so maybe there is a bug ? and i try also to give more details for more investigations).

4. Maybe, this is a rare situation because:

4a. In my case, I supposed I was the only one player in my guild for a long time. I also noticed a random change of ownership even if I was not inactive.

4b. The original author stated he doesn't think that someone in his guild stole the guild.

So, 2 possible conslusions:

- Two persons lost their guilds because someone else stole them (and it's unfair, but I understand the unfair policy).

- Maybe it's a rare bug which occurs on guilds with a lot of inactive people (with an automatic disband or something like that). As I stated, I had a random change of ownership with a transfer to an inactive person (or someone I think he was inactive).

Can you please be open-minded and think it's maybe possible ? So, yes I sent a ticket to the CS, i'm waiting for their answer. It's not because you don't experience a bug that this bug doesn't exist at all. There is a lot of random isolated bugs which are unknown because extremely rare.

I'm not saying there were a bug, but instead of saying "There are rules, etc etc", try please to understand that maybe it's the case, and that may be useful to share experience.

Edited by Exozazou

So, yes I sent a ticket to the CS, i'm waiting for their answer.

A ticket to CS will not help you, because it is their policy that they will not enforce anything regarding guild disputes and refer you to the automated guild rules. Like I wrote in my earlier post, the only chance you got is to write a private message directly to Eric Musco or Daniel Steed or write an official bug report that details everything.

Edited by Phazonfreak

A ticket to CS will not help you, because it is their policy that they will not enforce anything regarding guild disputes and refer you to the automated guild rules. Like I wrote in my earlier post, the only chance you got is to write a private message directly to Eric Musco or Daniel Steed or write an official bug report that details everything.

Thank you for the advice, I'll do that also then !

It is not simply a matter of logging in every 28-days but you have to log on to the character that is the guild leader for you to retain your leadership. Also, if you have a lapse in your subscription and are moved down to preferred status then guild leadership can also transfer to the next highest ranking subscribed member. If there are no subscribed members then the guild will be downgraded to a F2P guild, which has a number of restrictions on it such as no access to the guild bank.

Exozazou, if your subscription status did not change, if you logged onto the guild leader character, not just any character but the actual character that was the guild leader, within the last 28-days, if you did not receive any disciplinary action that could have changed your account status, if all this is true then you may have a case to make but from what you've said I suspect that you were playing on an alt and did not log onto the guild leader character within the 28-day window, and if that is the case then the guild leadership transferred as per the guild rules. Unfortunately, if the leadership did transfer because you did not log onto the guild leader character then there is nothing that CS will do for you.

You guys should pop the guild name and server name up here - I know I inherited guilds more than once and kept them on in basically a caretaker way even though I had no real connection with the owners.

You may find someone in the same boat may be willing to give you your guild back.

I have been a member of a guild who through back luck ended up with the guild going quiet and some stranger in the guild became GM as they logged in at the appropriate time and then booted us all. Nothing we could do.

Anyway pop the guild names up and lets see if there are any decent souls out there that might be able to help.

Exozazou, if your subscription status did not change, if you logged onto the guild leader character, not just any character but the actual character that was the guild leader, within the last 28-days, if you did not receive any disciplinary action that could have changed your account status, if all this is true then you may have a case to make but from what you've said I suspect that you were playing on an alt and did not log onto the guild leader character within the 28-day window, and if that is the case then the guild leadership transferred as per the guild rules. Unfortunately, if the leadership did transfer because you did not log onto the guild leader character then there is nothing that CS will do for you.

I see, it makes sense... But, I'm pretty sure that I've logged on my main before the end of the window. Otherwise, I would have noticed the change on my alt before (or in my case, I was on my alt, everything was fine, then when I logged onto my main, the lead changed.. And so, while I'm sure I was the only one active, why my alt didn't get the lead ?)

You guys should pop the guild name and server name up here - I know I inherited guilds more than once and kept them on in basically a caretaker way even though I had no real connection with the owners.

You may find someone in the same boat may be willing to give you your guild back.

I have been a member of a guild who through back luck ended up with the guild going quiet and some stranger in the guild became GM as they logged in at the appropriate time and then booted us all. Nothing we could do.

Anyway pop the guild names up and lets see if there are any decent souls out there that might be able to help.

Anyway, the name of my guild :

Røøts (Republic side) on the Leviathan server.

I see, it makes sense... But, I'm pretty sure that I've logged on my main before the end of the window. Otherwise, I would have noticed the change on my alt before (or in my case, I was on my alt, everything was fine, then when I logged onto my main, the lead changed.. And so, while I'm sure I was the only one active, why my alt didn't get the lead ?)

Sounds like you are not 100% sure, best thing to do would be to contact support, and ask them, when it was changed, and how did the status of your lead char change? (assuming they can give out this info) Sub lapse, 28 days afk, or some wierd bug. At least that way you have a starting point for which to possibly make a cae to the community managers. Eric is usually good at listening and sorting stuff out.

While leadership will be transferred to a character of the next highest rank it will not necessarily go to the most recently active. For example, let us say that your guild ranks, in order from highest to lowest, are Captain, Commander, Lieutenant, Ensign, and Crewman. You are the Captain on your character Picard. Your best friend and expert chair mounter, Riker, is your Commander. Two people are Lieutenants, Data and La Forge. Your alt, Beverly, as well as two other people in the guild, Worf and Troy, are Ensigns. Crewman is the rank for new members to the guild and there is currently only one Crewman, some person named Barclay.

Under various conditions the leadership will transfer to another active member in the guild if you have not logged onto Picard in 28-days, even if you have been active on Beverly. A character is considered active if they have logged in within the last 28-days, and inactive if not. Note, I'm covering all scenarios here, not just those applicable to your situation.

• If Picard is absent for 28-days, Riker will be promoted to Captain as the next highest ranking character and Picard will be demoted to Commander. This is why it is important to set up guild ranks and make someone you trust, and who is active, the next highest rank, so if something happens then you know exactly to whom leadership will pass.
  • If Riker is inactive when Picard goes inactive, the leadership will go to someone of the next highest rank, which would be either Data or La Forge (if active). The system will choose one of them at random and promote them to Captain, but not necessarily the most recently active.
  • If the entire leadership of the guild is inactive leaving the Ensigns to run the ship then leadership will be transferred to one of the Ensigns. You were on Beverly yesterday, Worf last logged on a week ago, and Troy last logged on three weeks ago, so all three are considered active. Leadership will be transferred to one of the Ensigns at random.
  • No one has logged on within the last three months, so all characters are considered inactive. Barkley, the Crewman, logs on one day and, being the only active character, is promoted to Captain. Barkley decides they are not happy that they were forced to use the transporter and give up their holodeck time so they decide to kick everyone out of the guild. Picard logs on a day later, finds their guild gone, and submits a ticket. CS will say, sorry, thems the breaks.

On the guild roster you can change the last column to show when the character last logged on. More than likely some other character in the guild had logged on within the last 28-days, so was considered active by the systems standards, even if you had not seen them online. In my experience leadership tends to not pass to the next person who logs on.

In my old guild this happened twice. The leader was essentially inactive. They would log on every few weeks and within a minute log off. This went on for over a year, during which all of the other officers were inactive and the only people still playing, all the lowest guild rank with very limited access, kept dropping off (either going inactive or quitting the guild). Eventually the guild leader passed leadership to one of the other officers, who basically repeated the same pattern. A few months later they missed their 28-day window and leadership passed to one of us lackeys. By this time there were only two of use who played regularly, but leadership did not pass to myself or the that other person, but to someone who had not logged on in over two weeks. Before the 28-day cutoff someone else logged in once, and when the leadership passed again, again it skipped over myself and the other active person to go to that other person. The other person quit a few days later, and I quit to form a guild with my brother and nephew. I have checked a few times since forming my own guild for my old guild name but never see anyone on with the name. I assume that either everyone is inactive or someone logged on and either decided to rename to guild or sell it and the new owners renamed it. Some will be wondering why I did not just wait a few days for leadership to pass to me. While I was the only person who played regularly there were a few other people who would log on occasionally, so there was no guarantee that I would be promoted. Further, the guild did not have vast assets, the first leader in absentia had cleared out the guild bank of all credits and any items of value, and while the guild did have a stronghold and flagship neither the stronghold or flagship had any rooms open, and the guild bank only had three bays.

• Thanks 1

While leadership will be transferred to a character of the next highest rank it will not necessarily go to the most recently active. For example, let us say that your guild ranks, in order from highest to lowest, are Captain, Commander, Lieutenant, Ensign, and Crewman. You are the Captain on your character Picard. Your best friend and expert chair mounter, Riker, is your Commander. Two people are Lieutenants, Data and La Forge. Your alt, Beverly, as well as two other people in the guild, Worf and Troy, are Ensigns. Crewman is the rank for new members to the guild and there is currently only one Crewman, some person named Barclay.

Under various conditions the leadership will transfer to another active member in the guild if you have not logged onto Picard in 28-days, even if you have been active on Beverly. A character is considered active if they have logged in within the last 28-days, and inactive if not. Note, I'm covering all scenarios here, not just those applicable to your situation.

• If Picard is absent for 28-days, Riker will be promoted to Captain as the next highest ranking character and Picard will be demoted to Commander. This is why it is important to set up guild ranks and make someone you trust, and who is active, the next highest rank, so if something happens then you know exactly to whom leadership will pass.
  • If Riker is inactive when Picard goes inactive, the leadership will go to someone of the next highest rank, which would be either Data or La Forge (if active). The system will choose one of them at random and promote them to Captain, but not necessarily the most recently active.
  • If the entire leadership of the guild is inactive leaving the Ensigns to run the ship then leadership will be transferred to one of the Ensigns. You were on Beverly yesterday, Worf last logged on a week ago, and Troy last logged on three weeks ago, so all three are considered active. Leadership will be transferred to one of the Ensigns at random.
  • No one has logged on within the last three months, so all characters are considered inactive. Barkley, the Crewman, logs on one day and, being the only active character, is promoted to Captain. Barkley decides they are not happy that they were forced to use the transporter and give up their holodeck time so they decide to kick everyone out of the guild. Picard logs on a day later, finds their guild gone, and submits a ticket. CS will say, sorry, thems the breaks.

On the guild roster you can change the last column to show when the character last logged on. More than likely some other character in the guild had logged on within the last 28-days, so was considered active by the systems standards, even if you had not seen them online. In my experience leadership tends to not pass to the next person who logs on.

In my old guild this happened twice. The leader was essentially inactive. They would log on every few weeks and within a minute log off. This went on for over a year, during which all of the other officers were inactive and the only people still playing, all the lowest guild rank with very limited access, kept dropping off (either going inactive or quitting the guild). Eventually the guild leader passed leadership to one of the other officers, who basically repeated the same pattern. A few months later they missed their 28-day window and leadership passed to one of us lackeys. By this time there were only two of use who played regularly, but leadership did not pass to myself or the that other person, but to someone who had not logged on in over two weeks. Before the 28-day cutoff someone else logged in once, and when the leadership passed again, again it skipped over myself and the other active person to go to that other person. The other person quit a few days later, and I quit to form a guild with my brother and nephew. I have checked a few times since forming my own guild for my old guild name but never see anyone on with the name. I assume that either everyone is inactive or someone logged on and either decided to rename to guild or sell it and the new owners renamed it. Some will be wondering why I did not just wait a few days for leadership to pass to me. While I was the only person who played regularly there were a few other people who would log on occasionally, so there was no guarantee that I would be promoted. Further, the guild did not have vast assets, the first leader in absentia had cleared out the guild bank of all credits and any items of value, and while the guild did have a stronghold and flagship neither the stronghold or flagship had any rooms open, and the guild bank only had three bays.

You sir are the hero and winner of the internets today. :rak_03: I greatly enjoyed that read.

#TrekkieLove

@OP and others - you have to log in on the GM character within 28 days - not just any character.

I was in a guild where the GM status got transferred to another player, while the guy who was the GM was levelling an alt, because of this.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Massamo said:

i had our guild just disappear a 2nd time and i was guild leader been login to the game every day  what is going on

First off, were you the GM? And Had you logged in the past month? Very possible you lost GM privileges and someone took over ur guild, either sold it or renamed it and you got kicked.

I had my own guild, and the only time my guild disappeared is because I had a bit of an unsavory guild name according to CS. Guild apparently got deleted but when I went into the guild tab area I was able to find a spot where I could rename the guild and it went active again.

If that's not your situation then it might be a new bug that popped up. I'd say poke around in the guild tab first and if u can't figure it out submit a ticket.