View Single Post

Pseudoname
12.31.2011 , 10:44 AM | #10
We could use some clarification on how loot drops are supposed to work. I think it is the assumption of most of the people here that if a Champion level mob drops Tionese Crystals in a Hard Mode Flashpoint, there should be loot to accompany the slain body/chest drop afterwards.

For my guild's 4 man group, we assumed that no loot was just a form of punishment for wiping on a boss or a way to slow down gear progression. However, on our second day of running Hard Mode Flashpoints we executed the same fights without wiping and on 25%-33% of the bosses there was either no loot dropped/only Tionese Crystals to be had.

The drop rates on types of gear are brutal to our group as at least 50% of the purple level drops have been Aim gear. I think Inquisitors, Bounty Hunters, and Agents can work around some of the Enhancements/Mods on the gear by changing them out. Sith Warrior Marauders, on the other hand, just get shafted really hard in that non-Aim gear is hard to come by and if they don't get that Strength + Medium Armor drop...GG. Our Marauder is leveling a Juggernaut due to the current state of loot drops as he thinks it might be quicker to get a second character to 50 than for Bioware to fix bugs that have been in the Beta for months.

My 4 man group runs a Sith Warrior Marauder, Bounty Hunter Powertech Tank, a Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer DPS, and myself as an Imperial Agent Operative healer. It's pretty damn noticeable when our tank is getting all the gear (not a bad thing), but it becomes irksome when the same loot drops repeatedly which results in our companions being on par with ourselves in terms of quality of gear.