General consensus of 6.0 as it stands now (9/24/19)

Lhancelot

He said he can do it just fine. That's not the same as easily. In the end people are complaining that it's extremely hard to do with build 3. Trixxie acknowledged that maybe 1% of people can do this so that's what I was replying to, that that's perhaps a good thing, at least in my view. So I don't really see how I missed the topic there.

People claim all sorts of things on the internet. It's not like he's going to prove he did it.

The issue is he made it sound like it was as simple on the pts as live and that anyone could do it. That is what I was calling him on and I’ve yet to see anyone legitimately get past those droids on the pts 3.

I added the 1% because there are always some freak gamers out there that are so good as to be god like. So I wanted to leave some wiggle room if swtor still has any of those types of players. Maybe I should have said the top 0.01%

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he can do it just fine. That's not the same as easily. In the end people are complaining that it's extremely hard to do with build 3. Trixxie acknowledged that maybe 1% of people can do this so that's what I was replying to, that that's perhaps a good thing, at least in my view. So I don't really see how I missed the topic there.

People claim all sorts of things on the internet. It's not like he's going to prove he did it.

Explain to me the benefit of a game company developing content that only 1% of the player-base can do.

That seems like a smart way to lose 99% of the playerbase... ...oh, wait... ...SWTOR has already done that.

Maybe time for a strategic rethink from the game management, eh?

All The Best

First of all you shouldn't be able to solo VETERAN Fp's at all, but you can. It's a group activity not a solo one.

But you easily can, did it with 306 gear, and level 50 Zo-0M easily, I only died once at the beginning.

Hammer Station is way too easy for 4 people, you just kill everything like butter.

First of all you shouldn't be able to solo VETERAN Fp's at all, but you can. It's a group activity not a solo one.

But you easily can, did it with 306 gear, and level 50 Zo-0M easily, I only died once at the beginning.

Hammer Station is way too easy for 4 people, you just kill everything like butter.

Did you do that in PTS phase 3? Or in Phase 2 when it was significantly easier?

In Phase 2, the mobs were lowered back to their original level...somewhere in the 20's I believe for Hammer Station.

In Phase 3, the mobs were balanced back to level 70.

So whether you did it in Phase 2, or Phase 3, is actually important information.

Edited by Darev

Sorry to be sceptical, but I doubt you can do that on pts 3. On pts 2 you could definitely do it. And even if you can miraculously get past that first big group of trash mobs with 2 gold droids, I doubt more than the very top 1% of the games players could. At least as it’s set at moment, which may change before it goes live.

I did roughly 50% of the Phase 3 achievement by soloing HS as I explained in a post earlier. Much as I'd like to be an elite 1%er, alas, I am not.

I will freely admit I skipped most trash, including that starting pull, though. But bosses were no problem.

I did roughly 50% of the Phase 3 achievement by soloing HS as I explained in a post earlier. Much as I'd like to be an elite 1%er, alas, I am not.

Sorry to break it to you, but I think you are. :p

Your forum number has only 5 digits. This means you've been here almost since day 1. Admit: You know how to play the game for real. ;)

I haven't been able to solo HM vet in phase 3. Not even close. (Note: I don't say that I expect that I should. I only used this example on the PTS sub-forum as a feedback for comparing phase 2 with 3, nothing more.)

I am not an elite player. I soloed veteran Hammer Station on PTS phase 3 shortly after it first went up, and again after the patch on Monday. It actually seemed a bit more difficult yesterday than it did when phase 3 was first introduced. This was on a defense guardian in I-level 306 gear with a level 50 Lana as a companion on healing. It took a bit to get through it. Especially the two turrets before the bridge. The final boss actually got me down to 60% health a few times, but never further. Other than that, the only times I had difficulty were the times Lana did her thing and just refused to assist.

So, I just wanted to add that it can be done, isn't terribly difficult, not like whatever issue is going on with level synch and walkers and turrets, but it is harder than on live. I also wouldn't recommend it, as the rewards do not seem worth the time investment, (about 150 tech fragments), and I also wouldn't if it wasn't test and often takes more time than I care to spend to find people.

I will freely admit I skipped most trash, including that starting pull, though. But bosses were no problem.

How were you able to pass the starting pull group? They are all droid and even a stealth will pull them

How were you able to pass the starting pull group? They are all droid and even a stealth will pull them

Put companion on passive and just run past them, and the next group in the hall. Hide in the drill room. Pop vanish, and they'll leave you alone.

Put companion on passive and just run past them, and the next group in the hall. Hide in the drill room. Pop vanish, and they'll leave you alone.

That is how I did it as well. Solo’d this in 284 gear with 50 Nadia. Solo’d Athiss bosses as well as red reaper.

LoL, that’s cheesy and inventive at the same time. The issue is, there are only 2 stealth classes out 8, so that means anyone on another class can’t do that.

Plus, you never actually fought you way through, so it’s a little rich giving people the impression it’s balanced.

LoL, that’s cheesy and inventive at the same time. The issue is, there are only 2 stealth classes out 8, so that means anyone on another class can’t do that.

Plus, you never actually fought you way through, so it’s a little rich giving people the impression it’s balanced.

Agreed.

Forgive me for being snarky Unperson and MacCleoud, but it is hardly new when soloing Vet FPs that the trash mobs are harder than the actual bosses in the vast majority of FPs b/c of certain limitations of CC and lack of stealth. This has been true for years for 75% of classes.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I did it that way to save time because I was trying to get my 10 activities done as quickly as possible. Never said it's the only way I did it.

Did it on a sniper too. Corner pull, set up orbital strike (which knocks down weak adds), diversion (Controlled Chaos), suppressive fire. Didn't drop under 80% health. On a non-stealther it obviously takes longer because you cannot skip trash. This isn't new.

It's balanced for a group, but it's also doable solo.

Edited by Unperson