The New RISHI STRONGHOLD - Comments and Suggestions

Holocron

What we got: https://imgur.com/vliqc6m

What apparently a lot of people were hoping for: https://imgur.com/auZfBqd

Folks, Rishi is a run-down, backwater, out-of-the-way, pirate's cove. There's no dial-up cleaning service, no maid service, no general contractor on the planet to haul junk away, no landscape architects, nowhere to get your IPAD fixed, no 24-hour shopping, no place to get a double latte extra cream.

This is Rishi.

The stronghold looks like Rishi.

The motif matches the planet.

And from this, somehow, from what I've been reading, people expected a beach resort or a nice, clean, junk-free hotel. Say what?

No. This is Rishi. They did it right as far as appearances go.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Rishi too: https://imgur.com/a/K8cpJGt

And this is what i hoped for, but not what we'll get it seems, so i'll stick with Yavin.

If only the Yavin SH had gosh darn doors, that'd already feels more like an actual home.

I'd really like a nice home with nice landscape all around as my main character's SH, maybe one day Alderaan or Odessen will do the trick.

Edited by Goreshaga

And this is what i hoped for, but not what we'll get it seems, so i'll stick with Yavin.

If only the Yavon DH had gosh darn doors, that'd already feels more like an actual home.

I'd really like a nice home with nice landscape all around as my main character's SH, maybe one day Alderaan or Odessen will do the trick.

Maybe they'll redo Rishi for you: https://imgur.com/k1yYKhb

What we got: https://imgur.com/vliqc6m

What apparently a lot of people were hoping for: https://imgur.com/auZfBqd

Folks, Rishi is a run-down, backwater, out-of-the-way, pirate's cove. There's no dial-up cleaning service, no maid service, no general contractor on the planet to haul junk away, no landscape architects, nowhere to get your IPAD fixed, no 24-hour shopping, no place to get a double latte extra cream.

This is Rishi.

The stronghold looks like Rishi.

The motif matches the planet.

And from this, somehow, from what I've been reading, people expected a beach resort or a nice, clean, junk-free hotel. Say what?

No. This is Rishi. They did it right as far as appearances go.

The stronghold looks like the slum areas of Rishi. It does not look like the cottages linked above, or the Rishii people's village, or the Mandalorian enclave, or the Revanite settlements. It does not look like the cantina or the building you meet Darth Vowrawn in.

There is a medium between having a Sandals resort and having a stronghold that looks the set of Sanford & Son. There were other areas of Rishi they could have used. Heck, they could have just reskinned some of the Revanite buildings.

But it's clear this SH was made only with PvP in mind, and to heck with everyone else.

I agree that Rishi can be a number of things, and contain a number of different vistas, but the posters are correct who say that Rishi is a backwater hideout for pirates and ne'erdowells. That's the context in which our characters enter. As such, I can make what we got, work for particular characters. That is an approach I choose to take.

Now, if they change it up based on feedback, I won't complain. I can make that work too.

I think it's nice for role players cause it's an extensive area and there is the pvp thing on two levels...

But really BioWare? What the hell is wrong with your hook placement? It's probably even worse than the previous ones. Is it your goal to make each new one worse or what?

So many open spaces without hooks, so many of these narrow ones when there is room for medium or large ones.

You basically decorated this place mostly and just allow players to add a few things here and there. You can barely put your mark on this SH as decorator really.

Again I can see this being great for rp and it's cool to have pvp (though the hook placement in those areas is also poor) but overall it looks great and it will suck to decorate. Well, luckily I won't have to worry about that anymore, but come on...

I think it's nice for role players cause it's an extensive area and there is the pvp thing on two levels...

But really BioWare? What the hell is wrong with your hook placement? It's probably even worse than the previous ones. Is it your goal to make each new one worse or what?

So many open spaces without hooks, so many of these narrow ones when there is room for medium or large ones.

You basically decorated this place mostly and just allow players to add a few things here and there. You can barely put your mark on this SH as decorator really.

Again I can see this being great for rp and it's cool to have pvp (though the hook placement in those areas is also poor) but overall it looks great and it will suck to decorate. Well, luckily I won't have to worry about that anymore, but come on...

The hook setups may not be final though, and I bet that they are concerned about performance issues with it being an active PvP instance.

Put your feedback over in the PTS forum though.. so it has the best chance of being embraced.... Right where Eric actually requested it.

Hey folks,

Please use this thread to post your feedback on the new Rishi Stronghold. A few reminders:

• The prices on PTS are greatly reduced so that everyone has to opportunity to get into the Stronghold and help test.
  • Final prices will be comparable/slightly higher than the unlock/room costs of the Yavin Stronghold.
  • This thread is for feedback only. If you find Stronghold bugs, please report them in the PTS Bug Report forum.

Beyond any general feedback you may have, also let us know your thoughts on the following:

• The layout of hooks in each room.
  • The availablity of hook types in each area.
  • The functionality of each of the PvP areas.
  • The functionality of the healing dummy.

Please be as specific as possible in your feedback. Thanks!

-eric

This and this, or even this is all part of Rishi too. There is far more to Rishi than slums and dirt, or does Rishi consist of just Raider's Cove and the Boardwalk? Pretty sure it doesn't and the planet itself is actually quite tropical with some areas fouled and ruined by pirates and gangs. It's like moving to Hoth but rather than finding ice and snow, you're mostly restricted to the broken starships with just a tiny parcel of actual snow and ice.

They can keep it. It's fugly. It's not at all like the resort type atmosphere I'd hoped for. I wanted an island paradise and I get a slum with useless ramps and platforms. Probably the unpopular opinion, but there it is. I hate it and I don't even know if I want to spend my money on it. I wanted a nice house, not crappy platforms. :(

I was envisioning at least some rishi tree house type huts with suspended platforms and bridges too. And a lot lighter sand beach.

Edited by Holocron

Well.. it's very Rishi for sure. And.. clearly not what some players wanted, which is the problem with Rishi.. there is a wide range of different environments present.... but overall it's a shanty town. So in that theme.... I think they did a good job overall.... but it's not going to appeal to the tidy Stronghold decorator.

Personally, I do not begrudge the fact that they are designing and tuning this for PvP.. and as such... less flexibility for players to custom decorate. It's not like we don't already have plenty of Strongholds with lots of decoration flexibility. The one thing they need to add is quick-points (even better quick-point decorations) so you can hop from point to point if you like.. due to the size of this monster.

I agree with someone else who pointed out this Stronghold may kill off ranked play, as guilds can and will equip these for their own controlled PvP events. I know our guild certainly plans to do so.

Edited by Andryah

What my hope and thought had been each time I've requested and suggested a Rishi Stronghold, and what I had hoped for when it was announced, was closer to these areas;

https://i.imgur.com/0wBsqgQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/9FEfozY.png

https://i.imgur.com/34j9mM1.png

https://i.imgur.com/4Lfo9LA.png

A combination of that landscape with a large oceanfront as well. Some ground level Rishi huts and some higher up, possibly connected by rope bridges or walkways. Perhaps even a few platformed huts out on the water. Something more resembling the Rishii Village rather than Raider's Cove or the slums, and something that would have actually been more native to the planet originally.

Hardly a hotel or modern resort though because in that case, I would have simply settled for Manaan but that's far too modern and squeaky clean for my liking. I also feel what they've done here would have fitted just as well on Quesh or Hutta.

Just my personal taste. I'm sure others will enjoy themselves and while this does not have my preference, I do applaud the efforts made by Bioware. I'd simply hoped for something else but perhaps another time.

Edited by JennyFlynn

I STRONGLY recommend that people who are unhappy with this stronghold download the PTS and leave detailed, constructive feedback in the PTS forum. That is likely to be the first place the devs check. This has not been released to the game yet, now is the time to get in there and let them know what you think. Edited by DuchessKristania

The hook setups may not be final though, and I bet that they are concerned about performance issues with it being an active PvP instance.

Hook placement has been raised time and again and they never listened. They won't start now. Although admittedly I already raised the idea for PvP in Strongholds already like 3 years ago and now they're doing it. But no, still not expecting them to do anything about it.

Put your feedback over in the PTS forum though.. so it has the best chance of being embraced.... Right where Eric actually requested it.

Kind of you to suggest but since I'm only here to post on a referal and not actually playing, I'll just leave it at this. I do not expect to be playing this game anymore. I suppose I'll keep following it for a while yet to see if the impossible does happen but when I did quit I was pretty sure that what made the game no longer fun for me isn't going to really improve and if anything, seeing what's been happening since only reinforces that I was right about that.

So anyone can see my comments as food for thought and if anybody thinks it's worth repeating on the PTS, feel free. I admit this referal thing is lasting longer than expected as it is but I guess that has something to do with the forum reset, so probably the next server down time or something. All good fun till then :)

With a stronghold as big as Rishi, I don't see why they couldn't have had a junkyard (lower Rishi) area, and also a pirate's cove (area where the initial missions of Shadow of Revan take place) style area. There was room for both.

As for those saying the junk is typical for Rishi, you may be missing the point. Fixed assets in a stronghold are only good in very limited quantities. The more fixed assets they put, the less flexibility we have with decorating. The Rishi SH has a very strong theme based on its appearance, which is only further enforced by the pre-placed decorations. If they had put hooks instead, people who wanted the junkyard feel could have added any number of debris pile decorations to achieve the same look. Those who didn't want it wouldn't be stuck with it.

Even with the rust and decay, the Rishi SH could have looked like a battleground or a smuggler's waystation. It doesn't.

It's all the difference between a haunted house and one that has been trashed by its residents. They both have debris and decay, but the style is very different. A creepy haunted house doesn't look like a squatter's hideout. You can tell the difference when you look at them.

The new Rishi SH has this problem. Maybe it is a combination of Rishi assets, but the way it's put together doesn't work.

Edited by Xina_LA

While I don't have a problem per se with the Rishi stronghold, one thing I don't like is all the junk (trash) thrown around everywhere. While yes it is a hideout, and some may like it there, even if my smuggler had a hideout in a area that was rundown the first thing she would do is order her crew to clean up the trash. They can add hooks there and then let you either put the junk there or put something else. Give the option for those that want the junk and the option for those that don't.

I have made a garden area in the first pvp area and that junk doesn't work and no we don't need the junk with the trees and stuff we have there for the pvp area. Even my boyfriend, who likes to pvp, said the garden area in the pvp area will make for some interesting pvp (lol). You can be creative even in the pvp area without having the junk/trash.

The beach can be increased a bit giving people a better beach. That small beach add a few more hook and maybe extend the beach and that way those that wanted a beach would get that. Add some waterfalls to the beach area.

Edited by casirabit

Based on the livestream I'd say that it's a...

1) Great Stronghold for RP.

2) Great Stronghold for people who want to PvP amongst their friends and/or in a more friendly environment.

3) Terrible Stronghold for decorating.

I'm sorry but I don't like the new stronghold. It's a dirty slum and I have simply no desire to call such a filthy and rusty place a home. The rooms don't even have windows, there is scrap and junk everywhere and it has that overal non-homely vibe.

The beach area is also underwhelming and looks more dirty than tropical and inviting.

(Rakata Prime would be the only real choice for a tropical beach themed stronghold anyway)

However, the new Rishi stronghold is probably a nice place to pvp but I don't care about that either.

After all these very special strongholds we got so far, I just hope that one day we will simply get a beautiful place.

That would be quite nice for a change.

Just a comfy, warm and kinda luxurious place, something that isn't rotten and rusted...just a place that looks like a home.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

Based on the livestream I'd say that it's a...

1) Great Stronghold for RP.

2) Great Stronghold for people who want to PvP amongst their friends and/or in a more friendly environment.

3) Terrible Stronghold for decorating.

The stronghold was designed specifically for PvPers.

I'm sorry but I don't like the new stronghold. It's a dirty slum and I have simply no desire to call such a filthy and rusty place a home. The rooms don't even have windows, there is scrap and junk everywhere and it has that overal non-homely vibe.

The beach area is also underwhelming and looks more dirty than tropical and inviting.

(Rakata Prime would be the only real choice for a tropical beach themed stronghold anyway)

However, the new Rishi stronghold is probably a nice place to pvp but I don't care about that either.

After all these very special strongholds we got so far, I just hope that one day we will simply get a beautiful place.

That would be quite nice for a change.

Just a comfy, warm and kinda luxurious place, something that isn't rotten and rusted...just a place that looks like a home.

Again, this stronghold wasn't meant to look homely. It was 100% designed for pvpers. Heaven forbid pvpers get 1 SH specifically for them.

Edited by Raansu

It seems the consensus of the vocal majority is...

1. Add a setting to remove PvP functions. This would stop players from losing their mounts/companions upon entering PvP zones, and you wouldn't see the glaring flashes of "You are now entering a PvP Zone!" BioWare did definitely attempt to do this, one example being that you're not stuck with the Huttball arena and have the freedom to change that hook layout. But it seems a setting change would go a long way, ideally something that was easy to toggle, like the function that shows/hides your stronghold from the public listings.

2. Replace Trash Piles with hooks. Many find the number of pre-placed trash piles to go against their personal decorating ideas. The popular solution is that the junk heaps are removed from all the strongholds and replaced with hooks. That way, those who like the junkyard/hideout feel could always add new junk decors to keep that image, while players who would prefer the look of a "cleaner" stronghold have a greater ability to change that image.